No announcement yet.

Dwane Casey: "We need to add shooters to our roster."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe take on Millsap or Jefferson's contract? They're both great players but it's time to move on to the youth core.

Personally i'd really want Favors but that's not happening.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Gee, Dwane.

Did you come up with that all on your own?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
        I think I asked this before, but does anyone know if Ilyasova can play the 3? I looked at his number and he is an excellent rebounder with a high PER, but his assist numbers are worse than DeRozan. Does he have handles to speak of? I really have no idea. I didn't watch a lot of Bucks games this year.
        Short answer is yes. I believe he started out as one but is however better suited at the PF now. He is not a very heavy 6'9/10" and possibly cannot keep up with the NBA SF. A solid performer in my view and well worth looking at a bit more closely. He would also be cheaper (than eg. Granger) and has the typical Euro mindset...low maintenance, good fundamentals in all phases (defence included) and a team guy. Our problem is that we have a few tweeners already at the 3 & 4 position (JJ & Kleiza) alongwith the absolute 4s (AB, ED & AJ). I think we need a "real" SF but look to adding Ilyasova as well from a skills/talent/flexibility viewpoint.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Or maybe take on Millsap or Jefferson's contract? They're both great players but it's time to move on to the youth core.

Personally i'd really want Favors but that's not happening.
          I dont think Utah is letting Milsap go. He is a core guy there and a good one at that. If you remember they matched a big Portland offer to him as a rfa.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            I dont think Utah is letting Milsap go. He is a core guy there and a good one at that. If you remember they matched a big Portland offer to him as a rfa.
            Things have since changed though. Kanter and Favors are in the mix now.

I think one has to go but which one is 50/50.

Comment

both are C tho. So they could keep both Jefferson and Millsap but one would be off the bench

Comment

That's an awfully big contract for coming off the bench.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Agreed about NOT amnesty-ing Calderon. He's a good PG with an expiring contract, who apparently a lot of teams were interested in at the trade deadline, so why wouldn't BC just look to trade him? Some teams under the salary cap might be interested, or a team like Utah could use their TPE to trade for him, or the Raps could look to fill another roster spot with a lesser contract acquired in the deal. Lots of options to pursue before needing to use the amnesty clause on him.

If Nash really is set on coming here, it's not like the Raps would need to sign him immediately or risk losing him. They'd just have to tell him to wait until they deal away Calderon, then the way is paved to sign Nash, while getting something of value in return for Calderon AND maintaining the amnesy availability.
                  One benefit of signing him early in free agency is the fact that Nash would be a great draw to pull other big names into the fold. Nash has a great reputation around the league and there aren't too many scorers that wouldn't want to play alongside him. The prospect of signing Nash is becoming more and more intriguing. I am preparing myself to be disappointed.
                  “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    both are C tho. So they could keep both Jefferson and Millsap but one would be off the bench
                    LBF wrote: View Post
                    That's an awfully big contract for coming off the bench.

i think favours will be a 4 beside kanter or vice versa in the future. and agree with lbf. one of millsap and jefferson has to be moved. seems like more than just us have an excess of bigs to send away. might be a buyers market for bigs this year.

my guess is they try to move jefferson and keep millsap

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                      Love the idea of Granger or Ilyasova (as a consolation prize). However, I would hate to lose ED to get him. I would. But I wouldn't like it.
                      If it is a question between above 2 -its a no brainer. Give Ilyasova 10-12 mil (still cheaper than Granger & costs you NO players). Added advantage of Ilyasova -plays 3 or 4. Combine him with JJ, Kleiza or even Bargs -it could an advantage on offence.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        While watching the Utah/SAS series I kept thinking how much better the Jazz would be if they had a QB like Jose
                        http://www.hoopsworld.com/where-do-t...z-go-from-here

The team’s starter at point guard, Harris, hasn’t lived up to expectations after Utah traded away Williams for Harris and Favors last season. It’s clear that Harris isn’t the answer, so figuring out who is going to lead this team from the point guard position is going to be key this offseason.

Favors has excelled for the Jazz and he looks to challenge incumbent starter Paul Millsap at the power forward position next season. Millsap has been dangled as trade bait over the last few seasons and his status on the team is something the Jazz must figure out over the summer.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                          If it is a question between above 2 -its a no brainer. Give Ilyasova 10-12 mil (still cheaper than Granger & costs you NO players). Added advantage of Ilyasova -plays 3 or 4. Combine him with JJ, Kleiza or even Bargs -it could an advantage on offence.
                          10-12 mil for Ilyasova is way too much, sources say he'll command about $8 mil a year. Also, Granger is a better shooter and that's something we desperately need. Maybe even our primary scoring option.

Comment

Want to pay big bucks for Ilyasova?

http://www.brewhoop.com/2012/5/7/299...ilwaukee-bucks

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              Want to pay big bucks for Ilyasova?

http://www.brewhoop.com/2012/5/7/299...ilwaukee-bucks
                              Great article, thanks for the link. Here is the part that really caught my eye:

" After 267 NBA games, a statistical principle like regression to the mean should certainly guide any discussion about Ersan's worth, but when it comes to young players in the NBA (even if they have a fairly large sample of games to pull from) that rarely happens. Terms like 'upside' and 'potential' still dominate the discourse."

How true is that? And don't we, as fans, always fall in love with whoever happened to have a breakout year in the past season, and then expect that level of production to continue. It is the GM's job to show a little more sense. And save us from ourselves.....Oh, and the citizens at Raps Republic can also count on Soft Euro. Thanks man. :-)

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                i think favours will be a 4 beside kanter or vice versa in the future. and agree with lbf. one of millsap and jefferson has to be moved. seems like more than just us have an excess of bigs to send away. might be a buyers market for bigs this year.

my guess is they try to move jefferson and keep millsap
                                San Antonio's gotta be looking for bigs soon. If not this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X