No announcement yet.

Final: Los Angeles Lakers 105 - Toronto Raptors 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was one of the best games I have seen this year. The refs sucked in the last five minutes but it didn't matter. Raps win, Raps win, Raps win! Let's hope they can use this huge victory as motivation in the weeks to come! The Heat and Bobcats both play the majority of their next 15 games on the road. Things are shaping up nicely for the Raptors.

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
      Watcha talking bout doc. We are gonna win this game WOOOOOOOOOT
      look who called it
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

heck yeah! heck yeah! made it ma! made it! now what fools?! now what? sticking it wit one second remaining!! yall haters can kiss it!!! TURK the freaking Turk!!

Comment

I don't think that was called for. Hedo still needs to start playing well. Hitting a couple key FTs was nice for that game but what about all the other games where he didn't bring it? What about his recent comments where he pretty much admitted to not trying up to this point? I think you're losing sight of something important here. We're all all Raptors fans and we all want to see all the players on the team do well. I don't think there are any "Hedo haters" in Raptors' fanland, just some highly disappointed individuals. I would love to see Hedo bring it with consistency, just like any other player on the team who has been struggling. It leads to more wins and that's all that's important.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I don't think that was called for. Hedo still needs to start playing well. Hitting a couple key FTs was nice for that game but what about all the other games where he didn't bring it? What about his recent comments where he pretty much admitted to not trying up to this point? I think you're losing sight of something important here. We're all all Raptors fans and we all want to see all the players on the team do well. I don't think there are any "Hedo haters" in Raptors' fanland, just some highly disappointed individuals. I would love to see Hedo bring it with consistency, just like any other player on the team who has been struggling. It leads to more wins and that's all that's important.
            i think it was called for to be honest. and yes to your quote.

Comment

Wow imagine my surprise that Kobe missed not one but two game winning shots in the fourth. The raps seem to have figured out how to peak at the right time in game. Instaed of going up by twenty in the first half and giving it up they are just hangin around and taking the lead with less then 2 minutes left in the fourth. Nice to finally beat the lakers, now if only they could beat the celtics they would have put down all their nemesis' (since they finally won in Detroit).
              limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
                heck yeah! heck yeah! made it ma! made it! now what fools?! now what? sticking it wit one second remaining!! yall haters can kiss it!!! TURK the freaking Turk!!
                Ummm ... Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. I wouldn't get "all up in our grill" Raffy because outside of the ending it was another piss poor game from Hedo.

Comment

i think it was called for to be honest. and yes to your quote.
                  Yeah? And what happens next game if Hedo stinks it up like trends this season suggest he will? Where will all that big talk be then? All you've done is place a big target on your back for every time Hedo plays bad, which has been more times than he's played good to date. I am of the belief that most things involving basketball can be best settled on the court. If Hedo is as good as you say he is then let the man back it up. Hedo isn't going to come to bat for you if people start aggressively coming after you, like you've been going at them.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Ummm ... Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days. I wouldn't get "all up in our grill" Raffy because outside of the ending it was another piss poor game from Hedo.
                    you cant 'take away' the ending. just another weak effort by you to dimish turk the turk. ill get in whoevers grills i want. way to compare a human being to a dogs ass. you stay classy.

Yeah? And what happens next game if Hedo stinks it up like trends this season suggest he will? Where will all that big talk be then? All you've done is place a big target on your back for every time Hedo plays bad, which has been more times than he's played good to date. I am of the belief that most things involving basketball can be best settled on the court. If Hedo is as good as you say he is then let the man back it up. Hedo isn't going to come to bat for you if people start aggressively coming after you, like you've been going at them.
                    lol. you guys are impossible.

Comment

you stay classy.
                      I will Ron Burgundy.

Comment

you cant 'take away' the ending. just another weak effort by you to dimish turk the turk. ill get in whoevers grills i want. way to compare a human being to a dogs ass. you stay classy.

lol. you guys are impossible.
                        Those were a couple good charity stripe shots. No one is discrediting his ability to hit free throws Raffy. Maybe if he had played better during the game it would not have come down to making a couple free throws?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          I will Ron Burgundy.
                          coolness.

Those were a couple good charity stripe shots. No one is discrediting his ability to hit free throws Raffy. Maybe if he had played better during the game it would not have come down to making a couple free throws?
                          See, this is where i disagree with you apollo. i thought he played a decent game. if we are going by stats he could have had 3 more assists if his teammates kncked down their Js. i thought he played very passive, not bad, VERY PASSIVE. there is a difference.and i agree he has been playing passive all year. by the way, i never singled anyone out by name. i said "hedo haters" referring to people who call in on the radio. i wasnt referring to anyone on the boards. my b, it just felt good to blow my load there.

FWIW, i actually dont think hedo is a very good free throw shooter. That part of his game is overrated.
                          Last edited by Raffy15; Mon Jan 25, 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

See, the thing is in the off-season Colangelo listed a bunch of things he wanted to find over the summer. One was a aggressive play maker at the wing who could create for others and himself. He signed Turkoglu, who he said fit the bill. He gave Turkoglu $50M to do this. Turkoglu hasnt done it. He admitted it last week by pretty much suggesting he hasn't been trying and you're agreeing with it here. This is why people are upset. People didn't expect a "very passive" Hedo Turkoglu. People weren't told they were getting a "very passive" Hedo Turkoglu. This is the problem. They could have gone out and signed a guy for a lot less than $50M to do what he's done. You can attack a group of people all you like but video tape doesn't lie.

Comment

See, the thing is in the off-season Colangelo listed a bunch of things he wanted to find over the summer. One was a aggressive play maker at the wing who could create for others and himself. He signed Turkoglu, who he said fit the bill. He gave Turkoglu $50M to do this. Turkoglu hasnt done it. He admitted it last week by pretty much suggesting he hasn't been trying and you're agreeing with it here. This is why people are upset. People didn't expect a "very passive" Hedo Turkoglu. People weren't told they were getting a "very passive" Hedo Turkoglu. This is the problem. They could have gone out and signed a guy for a lot less than $50M to do what he's done. You can attack a group of people all you like but video tape doesn't lie.
                              and he only gets 45 games to prove whether he can or cant? seems a little unfair. could take a year or two. i knew we were getting a passive hedo turkoglu as the big guy he is playing with is VASTLY DIFFERENT than DHow. of course 50 million is too much for hedo but that is still a BS argument anyways. what athlete in proffessional sports isnt overpayed? no one! they are all overpayed!!! live with it, you dont want to stress yourself out.

overall, of course hedo wasnt going to have as much sucess here. bargs and bosh do not command a double team like howard does. maybe people did not know what hedos game was. maybe there was a misunderstanding. hedo is a clever playmaker who can shoot going left, but not right. he is a decent scorer but some say this team needed an anthletic scorer. hedo is not that. this team has good players, but not quite the people that Hedo needs. is calderon the finisher nelson is? no. is derozan the finisher pietrus is? nazz kid. does this team have anyone who can bag threes like lewis? no. i already mentioned the beast that is howard. you see, that team had alot of talent, of course hedo made it work but you get the point.

keep in mind, it is very hard to change systems and personell like turkoglu and the raptors did. bosh and bargnani and calderon are what they are and they got the whole "bros for life" thing going on. thats cool, nothing wrong wid it. here comes turkoglu who is nothing like shawn marion or morris peterson or anything. this guy is a 6'10 point guard basically. what? calderon has never seen or played with anyone like this before. neither have bosh and bargnani. these 2 get the ball and make an attack move. they dont wait for a double team and then swing it. basically, these 2 play like small forwards. but theres a problem, turk the turk is THE small forward. so , you see, there is dysfuntion. naturally caldy, bargs, and bosh bosh are more comfy playing a 3 man game. turk has to figure out how to include himself, but there is another problemo. he has an introverted personality. what is that? it means he is shy basically. so instead of demanding the ball like everyone wants him to do, he gets lost in the shuffle and becomes an afterthought.

what it seems like is colangelo thought turk was something other than what he truly is. it also seems turk thought he was coming here to be something other than the spot up guy who creates. or he might have just overrated the personnel here in toronto before coming. maybe HE DID think bargs and bosh commanded a double team??? who knows?

i just have to say this. THE DOUBLE TEAM IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN BASKETBALL. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. it pretty much changes everything. it is that crucial.
                              Last edited by Raffy15; Mon Jan 25, 2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

and he only gets 45 games to prove whether he can or cant? seems a little unfair. could take a year or two. i knew we were getting a passive hedo turkoglu as the big guy he is playing with is VASTLY DIFFERENT than DHow. of course 50 million is too much for hedo but that is still a BS argument anyways. what athlete in proffessional sports isnt overpayed? no one! they are all overpayed!!! live with it, you dont want to stress yourself out.
                                I never said he only gets 45 games to prove himself, I said to date he has not proven himself and apparently didn't even try hard for the first 42... The following three, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see if he puts his foot in his mouth again. The salary argument wasn't an argument at all, it was a statement. When you compare his production to guys making at his level or above its easy to spot that he's over payed when compare to other guys at his level of pay scale.

overall, of course hedo wasnt going to have as much sucess here. bargs and bosh do not command a double team like howard does. maybe people did not know what hedos game was. maybe there was a misunderstanding. hedo is a clever playmaker who can shoot going left, but not right. he is a decent scorer but some say this team needed an anthletic scorer. hedo is not that. this team has good players, but not quite the people that Hedo needs. is calderon the finisher nelson is? no. is derozan the finisher pietrus is? nazz kid. does this team have anyone who can bag threes like lewis? no. i already mentioned the beast that is howard. you see, that team had alot of talent, of course hedo made it work but you get the point.
                                I would argue on the contrary. Bosh draw just as much attention ad Howard does. Bosh is a more effective scorer than Howard is. Then you have Bargnani out on the perimeter serving a similar role to that of Rashard Lewis. If Hedo is such a strong player versatile player one would think he would be able to adapt to new players...

keep in mind, it is very hard to change systems and personell like turkoglu and the raptors did. bosh and bargnani and calderon are what they are and they got the whole "bros for life" thing going on. thats cool, nothing wrong wid it. here comes turkoglu who is nothing like shawn marion or morris peterson or anything. this guy is a 6'10 point guard basically. what? calderon has never seen or played with anyone like this before. neither have bosh and bargnani. these 2 get the ball and make an attack move. they dont wait for a double team and then swing it. basically, these 2 play like small forwards. but theres a problem, turk the turk is THE small forward. so , you see, there is dysfuntion. naturally caldy, bargs, and bosh bosh are more comfy playing a 3 man game. turk has to figure out how to include himself, but there is another problemo. he has an introverted personality. what is that? it means he is shy basically. so instead of demanding the ball like everyone wants him to do, he gets lost in the shuffle and becomes an afterthought.
                                There are nine new guys facing a new system. One in particular is Jarrett Jack, he makes half of Hedo's salary, not that it matters, but he does and he's playing far more effective ball. Go figure. Maybe you can chalk it all up to Jack being a extrovert if you want to but I think there is more to it than that. The whole question of effort keeps haunting my thoughts.

what it seems like is colangelo thought turk was something other than what he truly is. it also seems turk thought he was coming here to be something other than the spot up guy who creates. or he might have just overrated the personnel here in toronto before coming. maybe HE DID think bargs and bosh commanded a double team??? who knows?

i just have to say this. THE DOUBLE TEAM IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN BASKETBALL. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. it pretty much changes everything. it is that crucial.
                                I highly doubt Colangelo would spend $50M on a guy who he didn't scout and research to no end. I'll say it again, Bosh commands just as much attention as Dwight Howard and Bargnani is just as big a threat as Lewis and usually find himself with his feet planted in similar areas of the court.

Comment

Working...
                                X