DD and Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Lol...Whooooahhh!!! Are you okay? I asked a simple question on other possibilities of how the franchise goes about things. Why not listen to Bargs and DD? No matter how you cut it, you wanna hear what they say as to what might make them better, being that they ARE the current franchise players. You might need a chill pill. Jus sayin.
    If you go about asking Bargs and DD on personnel matters, then you have to involve everyone else's opinions too. Bargs and DD aren't good enough to be given special treatment, and if other players found out these guys are being treated differently, I wouldn't be surprised to see the locker room divided.

I agree with Bendit, it's a bad idea giving these 2 the same benefits Kobe and Dirk would receive. They're both mediocre players on a mediocre team. Their job is to play basketball, not to assemble winning teams.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
      I want to trade DD to Milwaukee!

Reunite the Young Gunz! Amir, DeMar, and a resigned Sonny to Milwaukee for Dunleavy and a resigned Ilyasova!
      you want to trade 2 promising players for an aging veteran and a tweener? stupid trade

Comment

I want to trade DD to Milwaukee!

Reunite the Young Gunz! Amir, DeMar, and a resigned Sonny to Milwaukee for Dunleavy and a resigned Ilyasova!
        I don't like that trade, but I'd much rather the Compton reunion happen somewhere other than Toronto.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
          Lol...Whooooahhh!!! Are you okay? I asked a simple question on other possibilities of how the franchise goes about things. Why not listen to Bargs and DD? No matter how you cut it, you wanna hear what they say as to what might make them better, being that they ARE the current franchise players. You might need a chill pill. Jus sayin.
          Was I being a bit harsh? Maybe (but I think not actually) just a visceral response to one of my pet peeves...the "inmates taking over the asylum" suggestion. This happened once before with Vince Carter and he was at the time a much valuable and important player in the L as well as Grunwald buttering him up so he would sign an extension. And you know what happened to that team thereafter. I will reiterate, it is a terrible idea asking who I believe to be cogs in the wheel type of players for their input in anything re the team except possibly for their opinions about themselves (preferences of plays called for them, what they think their strengths and weaknesses are and possibly the carpet color in the dressing room).

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            you want to trade 2 promising players for an aging veteran and a tweener? stupid trade
            We could use a productive vet like Dunleavy. Ilysova is awesome. I like Amir too, but Ilysova has better advanced stats, and would probably push Bargs to the bench eventually.

DeMar is a promising rotation player. He can back probably back up two positions effectively. But Jennings is just not productive enough to be more than a back up, so if they want to "team up" let them do it in Milwaukee.

I can actually see an entertaining combo like DeRozan and Jennings being fan favorites, but not winning too many basketball games. Millwuakee might be the perfect spot for the YoungGunz2 to roll.

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/compare?utf8=%E2%9C%93&player_ids[]=321&player_ids[]=175&player_ids[]=318&player_ids[]=174&player_ids[]=380

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I don't like that trade, but I'd much rather the Compton reunion happen somewhere other than Toronto.
              Not sure what the best we could get is, but Ilysova would be the best player on our team right now, and would go great with JV and Calderon. Dunleavy would be our best SF at the moment too.

But the real point is YoungGunz2 could really roll in brewtown!

Jennings, DeRozan, Johnson and Weems! Maybe NoPropsNeeded will move there to

And we could draft Lamb as our starting SG, or even give Bayless a shot at it, especially if we get Lillard and not Lamb.

Best,

Comment

Your underrating our players big time right now and overrating Ilyasova. Ilyasova is nothing more than a above average bench player and under average starter. He is NOT better than Bargnani or DeRozan, actually he might be on par with kleiza. If this tade ever happened I'd stop watching Raptors basketball forever, but we all know it won't because it is soo lop sided with Milwaukee getting the better players. With a healthy Bargnani and DeRozan we were in the playoff race, If Ilyasova was better than Bargs Milwaukee would have been in the playoffs easy. DeMar is not a "promising rotation player" he is better than both Iylasova and Dunleavy, he will be an all star in a few season just wait and see.

Maybe NoPropsNeeded will move there
                Maybe you should move there since you love Ilyasova soo much.

Comment

There's other PG's potentially on the block after this season that I'd rather have. We'll leave it at that I guess.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    stockton fan myself.
                    For real the dirtiest PG to ever play.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

DeMar is not a "promising rotation player" he is better than both Iylasova and Dunleavy
                      How do you mean "better?" His results in actual basketball game are worse than both by quite a large margin, take a look at 82games simple rating, Win's Produced or even PER. What makes you say he is better?

Comment

Everybody, you realize that Ilyasova only put up monster numbers because he was in a contract year, right? Normally, he isn't all that much of an improvement over Kleiza. It'd be like us going after Turkoglu again, who had a monster contract year, and after he got paid was terrible.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

How do you mean "better?" His results in actual basketball game are worse than both by quite a large margin, take a look at 82games simple rating, Win's Produced or even PER. What makes you say he is better?
                          He has more raw talent than both of them combined. No one wants Ilyasova we already have 2 tweeners on this team

Comment

He has more raw talent than both of them combined.
                            How do you know that? Do you have a raw-talent-o-scope?

His performance in actual basketball games does not confirm this.

I can agree with Raptorsss in as much as that up until last year Ilysova looked only slightly better than Kleiza, but Kleiza never had a year like Ilysova's last, neither has Turkoglu, and neither ever will.

Dude was elite last year, and sure it was a contract year, but the performance he put in demonstrates a level of play that can't be explained by simply a high level of motivation.

Will DeRozan have a breakout year like Ilysova? Maybe, who knows, but might is not the same as did.

Comment

How do you know that? Do you have a raw-talent-o-scope?

His performance in actual basketball games does not confirm this.

I can agree with Raptorsss in as much as that up until last year Ilysova looked only slightly better than Kleiza, but Kleiza never had a year like Ilysova's last, neither has Turkoglu, and neither ever will.

Dude was elite last year, and sure it was a contract year, but the performance he put in demonstrates a level of play that can't be explained by simply a high level of motivation.

Will DeRozan have a breakout year like Ilysova? Maybe, who knows, but might is not the same as did.
                              dont make me laugh, Ilyasova is not elite or even close to that

Comment

I personally don't get the Ilyasova love either.

Comment

Working...
                                X