DD and Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I personally don't get the Ilyasova love either.
    Agreed. I see Turk 2.0. BC... stay away... far away!

Off the top of my head, I think Ilyasova and Lin are the two most overrated free agents this season. What scares me, is that I could see BC targeting both of them! yikes!

Comment

I don't mind Lin. I think he'll be a good PG one day. There's a lot of Brandon Roy in his game.

But I don't like the idea of overpaying in order to pry him away from New York.

Comment

me either. I say stick with signing Nash or Dragic, Danny green and our 2 draft picks.

Comment

apparently putting up 13 and 9 on a mediocre team is elite all of a sudden

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            apparently putting up 13 and 9 on a mediocre team is elite all of a sudden

check his advanced stats.

Comment

Please come to Toronto!! I'm a big fan of BJ(s).

Comment

I like Brandon Jennings, love Demar Derozan.

Only problem for BJ here in Toronto, is the fact he is a ball-dominator. He needs the ball to be effective, which Demar has problems with sometime, but he is getting better.

With the number of guys who need the ball to be effective offensively i.e. Demar, Andrea, Forbes, Calderon, Bayless, Kleiza... It'll be hard to run an offense with everyone standing still, waiting for the ball to swing to them to post up, isolation, and pick-and-roll. A lot of one-on-one or two man game action, which in the NBA is very successful if done well, but the best teams run sets through ball movement and off the ball action. Lakers run their offense at the top of key with Gasol, or down low to Bynum, and movement surrounds. The Spurs have great perimeter ball action, Memphis, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Indiana... Very good teams.

BUT, for a counter argument, the teams I know of that are good without great ball movement are Oklahoma City, L.A Clippers, Atlanta, Portland before the blow up...
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

......And, with a point guard who is looking to shoot-first, pass second, especially shoot 25-30 shots, the team wouldn't get quality possessions of similarity to Bayless. Early in the shot-clock, out of control, over-dribbling, not great looks at the basket sometimes. Only difference with Jennings he'll score no matter what...

Some may say, the NBA's best point guards are shoot-first, pass second... But, the best point guards also know how to get guys involved. I.e. Derrick Rose, Deron Williams.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The thing about Jenninngs is that he's relied on to score, distribute and do everything on a Milwaukee team that doesn't have a ton of talent. However, I do agree with Reuben in regards to the fact that he takes a lot of ill-advised shots. His shot selection could be better.
                    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu May 24, 2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Agreed. I see Turk 2.0. BC... stay away... far away!

Off the top of my head, I think Ilyasova and Lin are the two most overrated free agents this season. What scares me, is that I could see BC targeting both of them! yikes!
                      I don't see that (re: Ilyasova v. Turkoglu). Their games are not similar. Turkoglu plays more of a point-forward type. He needs the ball in his hands in order to be successful. I mean he said it himself when he did his famous "Ball!" post game-interview with Jack Armstrong a few years ago. Ilyasova is more like a guy that a lot of Raptors fans have been clamouring for for years - Andres Nocioni - he plays hard, he's tough, rebounds well, doesn't need to take a lot of shots or doesn't need the ball in his hands, decent inside-out game and does the little things to help his team be successful. I don't know how Raptors' fans don't want this guy on their team. Provided he doesn't want a boatload of cash, I'd love to have him. And he's only 25.

Comment

i really don't want jennings. i think that he will clash with casey big time. watching the bucks if jennings doesn't take a shot twice or three times in a row the next shot is a 3 as soon as he is as close to the line as he can get. if he hits it, the next 2 shots are threes. happens every game.

he has shown he does what he wants and he isn't going to stop that. i think that we are much better off with bayless.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          I don't see that (re: Ilyasova v. Turkoglu). Their games are not similar. Turkoglu plays more of a point-forward type. He needs the ball in his hands in order to be successful. I mean he said it himself when he did his famous "Ball!" post game-interview with Jack Armstrong a few years ago. Ilyasova is more like a guy that a lot of Raptors fans have been clamouring for for years - Andres Nocioni - he plays hard, he's tough, rebounds well, doesn't need to take a lot of shots or doesn't need the ball in his hands, decent inside-out game and does the little things to help his team be successful. I don't know how Raptors' fans don't want this guy on their team. Provided he doesn't want a boatload of cash, I'd love to have him. And he's only 25.
                          what position will he play though? i doubt he can play the 3. PJ3 would have a better 3 than him

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            what position will he play though? i doubt he can play the 3. PJ3 would have a better 3 than him
                            He plays the 3 and 4 - like Nocioni did. He's the anti-Jones III. He plays hard, gives effort - all the time, he's tough as nails, plays decent D and is a good rebounder. He's a lunch pail kind of guy. The type of guy most Raptors fans love and adore.

Comment

the type of player you need to win championships
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

DeMar and Jennings Straight outta compton NWA in the NBA. This will be nice

Comment

Working...
                                X