Iverson Ignoring All-Star Critics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iverson Ignoring All-Star Critics

While I commend A.I. for standing up for himself, this just reaffirms how absolutely ridiculous having fan voting really is. But, at the end of the day the All-Star game is for the fans, so kudos to Iverson for ignoring all the critics.

Allen Iverson has gone from retirement to All-Star starter.

And if his critics don't feel he deserves the nod to represent the Eastern Conference, well, that's too bad. He'll be ready to play the Feb. 14 game at Cowboys Stadium.

"The way I look at it is, what should I do?" Iverson said Friday night. "Should I worry about what those people say or concentrate on the million-plus people that voted for me? To me, it's a no-brainer. My fans want to see me play and they have the right to put in who they want to put in the game.

"They voted me in, and it's an honor. I don't want to disrespect them by not participating in the game," he said.
    Source - Click here

Its good he's not disrespecting the fans... too bad he's disrespecting the game. The all-star game used to mean something, now its just a popularity contest.

Comment

Iverson Caught Inbetween an All-Star and A Hard Place

It`s a pretty tuff position for Iverson to be in. He was voted in by the fans (and after all), this is an exhibition game [I]for[I] the fans. On the other hand, this is the All-Star game. In NBA HOF disscusions, All-Star appreances inevitably get brought up, so this is obviously not a frivolous honor. Therefore, Iverson is caught inbetween dueling opions; the fans who see this as a glorified blacktop game, and those who see it as an honor.
      Can`t fault one of the greatest scorers of our generation for taking the nod with a lil humility.

Comment

Of course he's ignoring critics. I mean, he doesn't have anything to use a defense after all.

Comment

Working...
        X