Would you rather Lin or Bayless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying Lin is our answer. As many have noted, his asking price will be too high to justify.

But Bayless is definitely not our answer at point guard. He's not being "groomed" to take over Jose's reigns (Colangelo may not even bring him back next season).

And I find it amusing that "he wants to be here" is actually factoring into people's decision making process. Who cares if he likes the city and works hard? We could've said the same about Julian Wright. If he doesn't play the position well, everything else is meaningless.

Even funnier is the idea that Bayless can produce off the bench. What evidence is there to support this theory? Bayless has been awful his entire career playing backup minutes.

And lastly, what really busts my gut is that there is this much discussion over Bayless. A guy whose best-case scenario is Jarrett Jack, is hardly worth this much debate.
    You really hate Bayless don't you?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Nilanka has not said one thing personal about Bayless.

If you disagree with the opinion - so be it and discuss - but please do not make the post personal with such a statement.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Some young players eventually figure things out, and go on to have very nice careers. But even more young players completely fizzle out, don't live up to the hype, and are destined to be spot-duty role players forever. The odds of Bayless turning into anything resembling Chauncy Billups (a future hall of famer), are pretty slim.

As for Bayless being our best 3 point shooter? Again I say, who cares? By losing Bayless, is Colangelo incapable of finding other shooters? There are 450 players in the NBA, but we must keep Bayless because he shoots 3's at a 35% clip? C'mon man.
        Get your stats right Nilanka..... he shot 42.3 percent last year from 3 point range.....35%?? c'mon man thats a pretty big difference.....the team average was 34% last year.... and YES 42 percent is really good....he was actually 12th in the ENTIRE NBA in 2011-12!!!! You want to give him away for nothing?? i'm glad your not our GM....

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...t/seasontype/2

check the stats above.....and Nilanka....stats actually do matter! Your starting to look like a hater to me...... sorry Matt52.... nothing personal

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
          Get your stats right Nilanka..... he shot 42.3 percent last year from 3 point range.....35%?? c'mon man thats a pretty big difference.....the team average was 34% last year.... and YES 42 percent is really good....he was actually 12th in the ENTIRE NBA in 2011-12!!!! You want to give him away for nothing?? i'm glad your not our GM....

check the stats above.....and Nilanka....stats actually do matter! Your starting to look like a hater to me...... sorry Matt52.... nothing personal
          Be sure to check which replies I was speaking of. It was not the one you quoted.

Comment

35% is Bayless' CAREER 3-point numbers. If you checked the stats, you would know this.

Are you really clinging to the tiny 31-game sample size last season to assume Bayless is one of the league's best marksmen? Haha.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Be sure to check which replies I was speaking of. It was not the one you quoted.
              i knew you were replying to NoPropsneeded

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Nilanka has not said one thing personal about Bayless.

If you disagree with the opinion - so be it and discuss - but please do not make the post personal with such a statement.
                hating is not personal. You can hate someone without knowing them. For example 90% of people here hate Bosh, Carter, LeBron and Miami. If you say no its a lie

Comment

i knew you were replying to NoPropsneeded
                  Yes but the quote of Nilanka in which you mentioned me in your post was NOT the same one that you quoted in replying to Nilanka and made reference to me.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu May 24, 2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: left out a very important word (not)

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    hating is not personal. You can hate someone without knowing them. For example 90% of people here hate Bosh, Carter, LeBron and Miami. If you say no its a lie
                    I do not care to discuss definitions. You took a well thought post by Nilanka and replied with a trivial and juvenile retort to his personal preferences to Bayless. It is clear from his response he is not a fan of Bayless but it is also clear from his response that he has sound reasons in forming his opinion.

What I am telling you to do is stick to basketball-related comments. Nilanka's personal feelings towards Bayless has no bearing on the conversation. Therefore, if you disagree with anything presented - so be it and discuss. Otherwise, say nothing.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      No, I just hate it when superfans confuse mediocre players with all-stars.

These Bayless discussions have been no different than past discussions involving, Bellinelli, Dorsey, Evans, Villaneuva, etc.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

These Bayless discussions have been no different than past discussions involving, Bellinelli, Dorsey, Evans, Villaneuva, etc.
                        Don't you go there with Dorsey! Anyone but Dorsey!

Comment

35% is Bayless' CAREER 3-point numbers. If you checked the stats, you would know this.

Are you really clinging to the tiny 31-game sample size last season to assume Bayless is one of the league's best marksmen? Haha.
                          I'm just looking at the stats from this past year.... its okay if people on here are constantly clinging to Bargnani's 13 game sample size though??? GOTCHA.... keep in mind he's 23 years old.....i'm sure he can up that 35% career 3-point average..... why are you so hard on Bayless?? Let me guess you would LOVE to have Dragic right? Dragic shot 33.7 percent from 3 point range in 2011-12.....and he's 26 years old....and they put up similar numbers with Dragic playing about 4 mins more per game.....i'm just saying.....why does he get so much respect on here and Jerryd who actually plays on our team gets none?? hmmmm

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/goran_...eer_stats.html

Comment

Actually they are different because Bayless is a young player with tremendous potential. Those 4 cept for maybe Charlie V at one point do not have tremendous potential. We aren't saying its a sure thing that he'll make become an all star but if you compare him to Lin i think he can be better. Bayless and Lin put up similar numbers but they are different types of PG's, you seem to really like past first PG's which Lin more closely resembles, as opposed to Bayless who looks to shoot or score first.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Actually they are different because Bayless is a young player with tremendous potential. Those 4 cept for maybe Charlie V at one point do not have tremendous potential. We aren't saying its a sure thing that he'll make become an all star but if you compare him to Lin i think he can be better. Bayless and Lin put up similar numbers but they are different types of PG's, you seem to really like past first PG's which Lin more closely resembles, as opposed to Bayless who looks to shoot or score first.
                              I think that in some of these cases, we're confusing "potential" with "youth". Just because a player is young, it doesn't necessarily mean that the sky is the limit.

I'll admit that anything is possible surrounding Bayless. But based on what I've seen, I personally don't think he's the type of lead guard capable of leading a team deep into the playoffs.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                I'm just looking at the stats from this past year.... its okay if people on here are constantly clinging to Bargnani's 13 game sample size though??? GOTCHA.... keep in mind he's 23 years old.....i'm sure he can up that 35% career 3-point average..... why are you so hard on Bayless?? Let me guess you would LOVE to have Dragic right? Dragic shot 33.7 percent from 3 point range in 2011-12.....and he's 26 years old....and they put up similar numbers with Dragic playing about 4 mins more per game.....i'm just saying.....why does he get so much respect on here and Jerryd who actually plays on our team gets none?? hmmmm

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/goran_...eer_stats.html
                                I'm the last person you'll find here drawing conclusions from Bargnani's 13 games.

As for Dragic, I'm torn on him. There's a lot to like in his game, but he hasn't proven himself as an everyday starter, and overpaying for his services may not be Colangelo's best move. I would feel more comfortable with a player like Jennings or Holiday as our PG of the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X