No announcement yet.

Bynum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of my opinion of Calderon and Bargnani (which I think are the two best players on our team) I'd welcome either Bynum or Howard (if they sign first) in a trade for them without having to think more than a few seconds. Both Bynum and Howard have been judged too harshly on their character in my opinion. I might be going a bit off topic, but considering some people brought it up in their reasoning why not to trade for either...

Bynum has to play with a completely selfish former mvp who somehow hasn't done a Duncan yet and thinks the offense should go through him ('this is what I do') and a coach who supports this style of play. Many times this season, and especially so in the fourth quarter, Bryant (and his followers in the line-up) totally ignored a Bynum who had established position on the low block. And many times, after having been ignored a couple of times, Bynum just stopped wrestling to get position; what's the use? On many an occassion possessions ended with Bryant taking an ill-advised shot and choosing not to go for good offensive execution. Now, that guy even continues to publicly criticise his teammates. Yes, he also does criticise himself, but only that he should make more of those bad shots, not that he should defer more to others. After about 300 bad shots this season by Bryant, Bynum took some threes showing that if he made a bad choice the coach would be critical (and not the 300 by the other guy) and also saying "remember me? I'm in a bad position now, but I can shoot bad shots as well you know, how about giving me the ball when I'm in a good position?"

Howard, on the other hand, is criticised for his trade demands and asking for another coach. In my opinion, management didn't do too well in Orlando, with handing out and dealing for bad contracts making it impossible to surround Howard with a solid supporting cast (who could have grown with him); almost all players they got after getting Howard were past their prime and only got worse. Terrible management. With Van Gundy, Howard had a coach who has had only one modus for a big part of their time together, scream, scream, scream. If I had a boss like that, I'd probably flip one day and punch him in the face. For all his acclaimed x's and o's knowledge, that would just not be acceptable for me. Besides: the story on his 'demands' of firing Van Gundy is that he didn't go talk with the owners (or gm, I don't remember) and demand a trade, but that they asked him in and asked what his view was on the team and organization. Saying that he'd like another coach if he does so, seems pretty reasonable to me if they ask you.

So ... in short: yes please, count me in.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
      In a heartbeart. JV can learn on the job or play him at the 4 until you feel comfortable he can handle NBA 5's.

I beleive Bynum is in the player option year of his contract (I could be wrong)? If so, not much risk involved.

The only issue with this is the Lakers have NO interest in giving up Bynum for Bargnani and Calderon. They would be considered a laughing stock for making such a poor trade
      I would never give up both Calderon and Bargnani (two legit assets) for a guy who has never been able to stay healthy for a full NBA season.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have Andrew Bynum, but not for Calderon AND Bargnani, no chance. Maybe just calderon, and a pick.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I forgot to mention Bynum's Contract totally over pays him.
        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Andrew Bynum? No thanks.

Sure he's a great player when he feels like it. But he's been in the league 7 years. He's not a kid anymore.

I'd rather not pay franchise player money to a guy who I'm never sure is going to show up night in and night out.
          You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Right. Seven years in the league and only 24 years old.

Comment

I think Bynum is just waiting to bust out offensively. Re: he likes to play when he wants to is unfair....I have noticed his frequent playing with injury. As someone else said he is being stifled offensively with Kobe & Pau & even Metta getting the majority of the shots.

Comment

Howard to Lakers, Calderone to Lakers, Bynum to Raptors, Bargnani and pick to Orlando.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                  Howard to Lakers, Calderone to Lakers, Bynum to Raptors, Bargnani and pick to Orlando.
                  Orlando would NEVER do that. They could get much better deals elsewhere.

Comment

I thought I turned down this idea already...why is this thread still going?
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

Perk was asked what the difference is between defending Tim Duncan and Andrew Bynum. “Well, Duncan is smart,” he said. DailyThunder.com
                      Classic.

Comment

Autsch, I feel a flagrant two coming on next year.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                          Can you explain to us why this would be accepted by the Magic?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Via HoopsHype.com:

Classic.
                            Funny, but maybe the quote was "cut off early". You know how the media likes to over-exaggerate things just to get a story on a slow day.

Comment

bynum has some risky knees to give up what l.a. will want for him

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                I thought I turned down this idea already...why is this thread still going?
                                Wow, is that you BC? hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X