Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saints91 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure if I would give this years draft pick for Lowry. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Calderon. I like the idea of drafting (ie. Lamb, PJ3) and then signing Dragic as a UFA. Best of both worlds in my opinion. With Jonas, Dragic, and a wing player, our roster would be pretty much set. I see Dragic getting around 7mil. We would still have money to grab a good vet (ie Barbosa). We would still have the midlevel (ie. Gray) and sign some guys to veteran minimums.
    Either uyou have cap room to sign a free agent or you have the mid-level, you can't have both. The best way to maximize acquisition is to use our cap room before June 30th. Then you have the mid-level to use and keep our qualifying offers.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Lowry in a Raps uniform. People are making way too much of the guy wanting to be a starter and saying that him and Dragic can't co-exist. I don't think that's even in dispute. They can't. They are both #1 guys. Now, he probably could have handled it better but the reaction to it is way over the top.

Having said all that, the primary need on this team is an elite wing scorer with a top shelf all court game who can take over games and carry the team to playoff wins. They need a Ginobli, Wade, Durant, Pierce, etc. Without that guy, all the other moves are immaterial. That needs to be the primary focus and where all the assets are spent first and foremost. Once that is done, then let's move to focusing on complimentary guys like Lowry.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        i'm clearly just throwing spaghetti at a wall here.
        Allow me to channel the Odd Couple, Walter Mathau in particular: It's not spaghetti, you idiot! Now it's gahhhhhhhbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDXSXkYoM5Y

Comment

I like you, LeeZ
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like you, LeeZ
            And I accept your man crush. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              The Raptors have a lot of other assets to negotiate trades with:
              - one of Amir/Davis (or even both)
              - JJ
              - Forbes
              - Alabi (would have to pickup option)

- Bayless (S&T, after July 1st)
              - Calderon (especially if a top flight PG is coming back via trade or signing, ie: Nash)
              - 2 x 2012 2nd round draft picks (#38 & #56)
              - 2013 1st round pick
              - 2013 2nd round pick
              In order to be considered an asset, I believe you have to have a certain amount of agreed upon Value. Haha

I'm not sure anyone in the league would consider Forbes or Alabi anything more than trade filler.

Comment

Big men love playing for him since he seems to favour them whereas he treats guards like dirt. I can't remember for the life of me which players were saying that, but it seems to be the case.
                Something like this is in my memory as well, but I can't find any older article about it (because everyting I find is about Lowry).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  I agree completely that I wouldn't give up the lottery pick to get Lowry. The only way I contemplate giving up the lottery pick is to get a young, surefire stud wing player (ie: Gay, Batum, Mayo or a similar player).

The Raptors have a lot of other assets to negotiate trades with:
                  - one of Amir/Davis (or even both)
                  - JJ
                  - Forbes
                  - Alabi (would have to pickup option)
                  - Bayless (S&T, after July 1st)
                  - Calderon (especially if a top flight PG is coming back via trade or signing, ie: Nash)
                  - 2 x 2012 2nd round draft picks (#38 & #56)
                  - 2013 1st round pick
                  - 2013 2nd round pick
                  I believe a Sony Weems S&T is also still on the table ... especially if his disgusting ankle is back to human looking.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    In order to be considered an asset, I believe you have to have a certain amount of agreed upon Value. Haha

I'm not sure anyone in the league would consider Forbes or Alabi anything more than trade filler.
                    The only assets of any real value are: JV, Bargs, 2012 and 2013 first rounders. If Calderon was movable he'd be gone by now (we know this cause they've already tried). I can't imagine there's much demand for Derozan, though I could be wrong. That's not a lot to work with even if you have the room to take a big contract back.

Comment

haha all assets are definitely NOT equal... just available! I assume the highlighted players would be more for salary matching than included at the specific request of the other team!

Comment

Ujiri would probably trade Lawson and Faried - just to get his hands on Alabi again.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Big men love playing for him since he seems to favour them whereas he treats guards like dirt. I can't remember for the life of me which players were saying that, but it seems to be the case.
                          Except Kevin Love, who HATED playing for McHale as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he was behind getting him thrown out of Minni.
                          They clashed on many occasions, and Love made it very clear to the media that they didn't get along, and that acquiring Adelman was one of the main reasons he resigned with the Wolves.

Comment

that's right, i totally forgot about Love
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think Toronto should look to include Minnesota in any trade discussion with Houston.

Martin would fit like a glove in Minnesota.

Minnesota also has some interesting assets - that may or may not be available - namely #18, Ridnour, and non-guaranteed contracts.

I don't know about giving up the pick though - even if it is #8 or 9. Tough call. If Toronto could get two of #14, 16, and 18 then that would certainly make things interesting.

Comment

I don't think they should need to give up the lotto pick to land someone of Lowry's level.

Comment

Working...
                                X