Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    with people listing Assets that we have, I'd say the TPE is absolutely in play.
    Absolutely. I missed that on my list of Raptor assets. Unfortunately, it needs to be used prior to July 1st, unless the Raptors add a boatload of salary via other means before July 1st, to the point that they aren't under the cap when all their expiring contracts come off the books.

It could have ... if Odom wasn't such a basketcase.
    Odom can't possibly be a basketcase, he married a Kardashian... oh wait, nope, you're right. He and Hump...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure what Toronto has that could interest the Rockets. They have young 4's, they have young tweeners. I doubt they have interest in DD.

Without the pick, for Lowry to end up in Toronto more teams are needed.
      The Raptors would be better off passing on that, using the pick on a prospect wing or PG and then spending cap on a wing or PG. trading the pick for Lowry means they lose two assets: the lotto pick and a large chunk of the cap space.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        The Raptors would be better off passing on that, using the pick on a prospect wing or PG and then spending cap on a wing or PG. trading the pick for Lowry means they lose two assets: the lotto pick and a large chunk of the cap space.
        Depends on when the trade is made.

Toronto could use their cap space prior to July 1st and then acquire Lowry with the TPE.

Personally I think Lowry is a pipe dream anyways. Wolstat is pulling his best Vescey here with a quote given by Casey 3 months ago after a game to support the notion that BC is going to be hot to trot for Lowry. I'm sure he'll call - he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't - but without other teams, this isn't going to happen.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Funny you say Minnesota, as that is exactly what I was thinking earlier today when I came up with this trade.
          I have not been around much today. Didn't see your post. Pretty sure I've mentioned Toronto trying to get in on Martin to Minnesota before. Hopefully you don't think I was plagiarizing an idea!

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            And that turned out awesome for Dallas.
            Utah got Jefferson with the TPE from Boozer.

Cavs ended up getting Kyrie Irving by taking on Baron Davis with TPE.

TPE's are hit or miss - much like any asset in a trade.

Comment

I was only kidding, I was not saying they can't work.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                I was only kidding, I was not saying they can't work.
                Sorry. Lost the joke in the text but definitely got the sarcasm!

The joke is a valid point though.

Comment

Except Kevin Love, who HATED playing for McHale as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he was behind getting him thrown out of Minni.
                  They clashed on many occasions, and Love made it very clear to the media that they didn't get along, and that acquiring Adelman was one of the main reasons he resigned with the Wolves.
                  I think you're thinking of Kurt Rambis, Joey. He and Love clashed continually until he was fired midseason, and replaced by McHale as interim head coach. At the end of the year McHale was fired from both the GM job and head coaching job. I remember listening to a B.S. report in the off season, where Love talked about how much he enjoyed playing for McHale, and was sorry to see him go.

Back to Lowry talk, what about this as a fake trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7yqrw8h

Comment

Thomas A. wrote: View Post

Haha funny, i suggested the exact same trade in another thread.
                    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...cy-2012/page41
                    post 812

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                      Haha funny, i suggested the exact same trade in another thread.
                      http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...cy-2012/page41
                      post 812
                      Wow, right down to the JJ throw in. That's eerie.

Comment

Wow, right down to the JJ throw in. That's eerie.
                        Dull minds think alike?

Bada bing

... You guys set yourself up for that one.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That actually looks very promising and realistic, but LA would be taking in more salary than if they kept Gasol. Not too sure they'd be up for that.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                            Dull minds think alike?

Bada bing

nice drum roll

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              Dull minds think alike?

Bada bing

Ouch man, thats harsh :P

That was the basic set-up, if I had more time I was going to include sending one of LA's Guards to houston (probably blake) to get a bit more financial flexibility, but if this happens we would probably need to take on one of houstons bad contracts ( Dalembert?) and then it just got too complicated.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                nice drum roll
                                It was actually more of a pedal stomp-symbol smash. But,thanks although i sense sarcasm.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X