Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors talking Lowry trades with Rockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what if Lowry is right? What you showed right there says nothing about what the players think of him or why he feels the way he feels. The coach isn't always right, we of all people should know that. This is why I keep an open mind.

ceez wrote: View Post
    Again, i don't agree with any player trying to get any coach fired, but it has to be said, Mchale is a notorious dickhead
    Ah, here we go. We might have found some tracks. Call in the professional to look for more clues:

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I really liked how he took on a leadership role with Houston this season and how he really upped his game...surprised he's only 25, as it seems like he's been in the L for much longer.
    He showed some promise while not enough to jack his price. His spat with McHale might help lower his price some as well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      So what if Lowry is right? What you showed right there says nothing about what the players think of him or why he feels the way he feels. The coach isn't always right, we of all people should know that. This is why I keep an open mind.
      Yes, I agree in that Lowry is not a cancer.. but he could have kept this under closed doors which would have been the professional thing to do. Now Houston is in a tough predicament.. instead of getting Lowry's value back in a deal they would have to settle for a lot less.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
        wow I never heard Mchale was a dickhead, the man is a legend and seems like a nice guy. Who wouldn't want him as a coach??? He would be a nice assistant on our team seeing as our frontcourt guys need some good advice. I think Kyle Lowry is a whiny spoiled brat. If i had to chose between the two I would go with Dragic. Both are clearly not elite point guards (what we should be targeting). But I do think Lowry is a top 15 PG.
        Big men love playing for him since he seems to favour them whereas he treats guards like dirt. I can't remember for the life of me which players were saying that, but it seems to be the case.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yes, I agree in that Lowry is not a cancer.. but he could have kept this under closed doors which would have been the professional thing to do. Now Houston is in a tough predicament.. instead of getting Lowry's value back in a deal they would have to settle for a lot less.
          I agree. He spoke too candidly but that's to the Raptors benefit at this point.

Comment

It appears that the rumour mill only involves Toronto at this point. But I would assume there would be many teams interested in Lowry's services, which might mean that although Houston is in a tough position, they might actually get a fair trade if a bidding war starts.

Comment

I am not feeling Lowry, but if the price is right I would take him for no more than 3 years.

Edit: I guess I should have been clearer...I would not want to give up too much and don't see him as the PG I would want for the Raptor's for the next 6-7 years. If he was a starter for his remaining 2 years of contract and mentored a young PG like Marshall I am OK with it. I would not want to re-sign him long term after his current deal is up.
              Last edited by WJF; Tue May 29, 2012, 10:49 AM. Reason: too vague
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

My original post starts off by showing he only has two years left on contract at MLE.

Comment

The coach killer/locker room poison accusations about Lowry maybe misplaced. From the couple of pieces I have read it seems that the coaching ref. by Lowry was about him sharing playing time with Dragic. I view that as understandable as KL is starter pg quality and has earned it. Dragic too proved himself this year with differences in less rebounding & 3pt % but more in ppg and asts. When all is said and done BC might end up with Dragic who is a UFA and wont cost any assets and kind of solves Houston's and the guards problem...both get to start. Thats unless Houston considers Dragic to be the better. Of course Dragic can also choose not to sign with TO.

Comment

Dont know what all the criticism is about. Lowry was arguably Houstons best player this year. He is a big upgrade over Bayless and it would allow Calderon to play with the 2nd unit. The upcoming draft is weak on point guards, so targetting Lowry and having to proven point guards would be brilliant. Besides, if both are having good games, we could play with 2 point guards in crunch time.

Comment

what about calderon for lowry and kevin martin? Kmart2 isn't really in the rockets' plans and with calderon they wouldn't have to worry about signing dragic. it'd also open up more capspace to pursue whoever. i'm clearly just throwing spaghetti at a wall here.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        what about calderon for lowry and kevin martin? Kmart2 isn't really in the rockets' plans and with calderon they wouldn't have to worry about signing dragic. it'd also open up more capspace to pursue whoever. i'm clearly just throwing spaghetti at a wall here.
                        If a trade went down, I expect it would be a multi-team deal, or multiple deals. Players like Kmart/Calderon could wind up with other teams than Tor/Hou.

Comment

There are many deals and scenarios that may pop-up in internet chat over the next few months, but safe to say - if we start the season next year with one of the Rockets PG's on our roster (Lowry, Dragic) that will have me pumped.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I'm not sure if I would give this years draft pick for Lowry. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Calderon. I like the idea of drafting (ie. Lamb, PJ3) and then signing Dragic as a UFA. Best of both worlds in my opinion. With Jonas, Dragic, and a wing player, our roster would be pretty much set. I see Dragic getting around 7mil. We would still have money to grab a good vet (ie Barbosa). We would still have the midlevel (ie. Gray) and sign some guys to veteran minimums.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I'm not sure if I would give this years draft pick for Lowry. I think he is a good player, but I don't think he is a huge upgrade over Calderon. I like the idea of drafting (ie. Lamb, PJ3) and then signing Dragic as a UFA. Best of both worlds in my opinion. With Jonas, Dragic, and a wing player, our roster would be pretty much set. I see Dragic getting around 7mil. We would still have money to grab a good vet (ie Barbosa). We would still have the midlevel (ie. Gray) and sign some guys to veteran minimums.
                              I agree completely that I wouldn't give up the lottery pick to get Lowry. The only way I contemplate giving up the lottery pick is to get a young, surefire stud wing player (ie: Gay, Batum, Mayo or a similar player).

The Raptors have a lot of other assets to negotiate trades with:
                              - one of Amir/Davis (or even both)
                              - JJ
                              - Forbes
                              - Alabi (would have to pickup option)
                              - Bayless (S&T, after July 1st)
                              - Calderon (especially if a top flight PG is coming back via trade or signing, ie: Nash)
                              - 2 x 2012 2nd round draft picks (#38 & #56)
                              - 2013 1st round pick
                              - 2013 2nd round pick

Comment

i wouldn't move the pick for mayo
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X