Bobcats could land Jerry Sloan?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcats could land Jerry Sloan?!

If the Bobcats manage to get Jerry Sloan as their Coach next year, that would be a MASSIVE shot in the arm for that franchise. God knows they need it.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Bobcats will interview Hall of Famer Jerry Sloan on Friday for their vacant head-coaching position, Sloan told SI.com on Thursday.

The 70-year-old Sloan spent 23 seasons with the Utah Jazz before resigning in February 2011. He hasn't coached since.

"I'm supposed to talk to Charlotte tomorrow, and beyond that I haven't talked to anybody else," he told SI.com. "... I wouldn't talk to them if I wasn't interested. I wouldn't waste their time. That's not something I'm interested in doing. But I have no idea, and they probably have no idea about me, so I don't know. I guess that's why we're meeting."

Sloan becomes the ninth known candidate, joining Patrick Ewing, Nate McMillan, Dave Joerger, Mike Malone, Nate Tibbetts, Mike Dunlap and Stephen Silas. The Bobcats also plan to interview Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw.

The Bobcats finished the season an NBA-worst 7-59.

Source

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    If the Bobcats manage to get Jerry Sloan as their Coach next year, that would be a MASSIVE shot in the arm for that franchise. God knows they need it.
    Patrick Ewing now out of the race.

Comment

Could you imagine Jerry Sloan working for Micheal Jordan?

I can see the headlines now:

Hey, if you can't beat'em join'em!

Past history aside I think that Jerry Sloan would do WONDERS for Charlotte, and if MJ is smart, he tells him to name his price. Coaches salaries don't count against the cap, right?
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        Past history aside I think that Jerry Sloan would do WONDERS for Charlotte, and if MJ is smart, he tells him to name his price. Coaches salaries don't count against the cap, right?
        I'm completely with you on this one. It doesn't matter what it would cost them, or whether or not he's actually the BEST coach for the job. The level of respect and accountability that Sloan brings with him is EXACTLY what that franchise needs.

Think their Larry Brown hiring, only 10x bigger.

Comment

The Bobcats are in the east right? no thank you then. If Jerry Sloan wanted to keep coaching why didn't he just stay in Utah? its kinda stupid IMO

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            Could you imagine Jerry Sloan working for Micheal Jordan?

I can see the headlines now:

Hey, if you can't beat'em join'em!

Sloan might not count towards salary cap but he certainly counts towards bottom line.

Comment

Man i can't see Sloan with that motley crew. He might actually kill someone.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Good for the Cats. One thing is for sure now, Sloan is going to command respect and he'll get it. This team is gonna play hard and with purpose. They'll have an identity for once.

Comment

And instead they hire the Assistant Coach from St. Johns University... I feel so sorry for that fanbase.

The Charlotte Bobcats have hired St. John's assistant Mike Dunlap to be their new head coach, two people familiar with the decision said.

The choice comes as a bit of a surprise because Dunlap was not one of the team's three finalists and rejoined the picture late.

He was originally one of the 10 candidates to interview for the job, but the team trimmed the list to former Utah coach Jerry Sloan, Indiana assistant coach Brian Shaw and Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Quin Snyder last week.

At some point Dunlap re-entered the picture and was offered and accepted the job Monday night.

Source

Comment

Working...
                  X