Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford: Jonas would be the #2 pick in this draft

From the Insider article:

The Raptors expect to have big man Jonas Valanciunas with the team this season. If he were in this draft, I think he would've been the No. 2 overall pick. At No. 8, look for them to add a player to their backcourt who can go out and get his own shot. They've been looking hard at Syracuse's Dion Waiters, Washington's Terrence Ross, Lamb and Lillard. The one sleeper pick for them might be St. John's freshman Moe Harkless. Sources say he is in the mix at No. 8.

Man the #8 pick is wide open, I can't wait for draft night, I think we will see some surprises. Last year Thompson going as early as he did to Cleveland really made the draft interesting.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If anyone was a rooter for Kemba to be picked last year you may have another like him available this year and imo a better version...Damian Lillard.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        If anyone was a rooter for Kemba to be picked last year you may have another like him available this year and imo a better version...Damian Lillard.
        I was not on the Kemba bandwagon last year, nor am I on the Lillard one this year, but I would be happier with Lillard than Kemba.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          I was not on the Kemba bandwagon last year, nor am I on the Lillard one this year, but I would be happier with Lillard than Kemba.
          I think Lillard seems to be a much better prospect than Kemba was. He was much more efficient, a bit bigger and more of an athlete. I was out on Kemba because he seemed like someone who would hover around 40% FG for his career. I don't think that would be true of Lillard.

Comment

I've heard a lot about if Jonas were in this years draft and people seem to think he would be a lock at 2nd. I would be pissed if the Raptors took Harkless at 8. I think their best choice would be Lamb if hes available

Comment

Not complaining or anything, but why is Chad Ford's word taken so highly?

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                Not complaining or anything, but why is Chad Ford's word taken so highly?
                Umm .. because hes the NBA draft expert for the most recognized and respected sports media company in the world?

Im not saying the guy is perfect .. but I assume you knew the answer to your question before you asked it ..

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                  Umm .. because hes the NBA draft expert for the most recognized and respected sports media company in the world?

Im not saying the guy is perfect .. but I assume you knew the answer to your question before you asked it ..
                  when he says something you want to here...otherwise he's an idiot right?

Comment

The draftexpress guy said something simmilar and he's regarded as one of the best experts by many

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      when he says something you want to here...otherwise he's an idiot right?
                      Not from my perspective. I dont agree with everything he says (I sure as hell hope the Raps dont take Waiters at #8, for example) .. but the guy is a legit opinion wrt draft matters whether you like him or not .. he for sure knows a lot more than you and I do.

Having said that, his job is to write and get readers, so he needs to have headline grabbing opinions - so take what he says with a grain of salt. For example, he loved Euros in past, because he wanted to project himself as an expert who found diamonds in the rough. At the time, it was a much more interesting opinion than choosing the college player of the year. Since then, after being burned by many Euro busts, hes changed his tune ..

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        From the Insider article:
                        Expectations for the kid are colossal.

Comment

from a drafting side i like Ford and find hes pretty correct most of the time, but when he talks certain teams i want to punch him in his stupid face. 99% of the time when he talks toronto i wonder if he's ever watched a raptor game in his life.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think you're right and he's never watched a Rap's game, but sometimes that's a good thing. That way he bases all his picks based on numbers and statistic's and not on opinion alone. We whom watch the games have way too much invested in this pick and don't look at the numbers enough when basing our opinions.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              I think you're right and he's never watched a Rap's game, but sometimes that's a good thing. That way he bases all his picks based on numbers and statistic's and not on opinion alone. We whom watch the games have way too much invested in this pick and don't look at the numbers enough when basing our opinions.
                              I don't find statistics a great case for a players impact.

A few examples.... If you play PG for the HEAT and it comes time for you to leave...if you just look at stats you would say...oh...shit this PG has very low assists and doesn't run an offense very well. However that PGs role on that team is to give the ball to Wade - Lebron - Bosh and wait in the corner ... shoot the three if all other options fail.

You MUST watch a team play in order have a valid opinion.

Par Example...I look at the stats and see DeRozan didn't score as much this year....did he take a step back? If I didn't watch the games I would say yes. However he went from second to 1st option, got the brunt of the defensive focus and the guy that helps him spread the floor was injured 75% of the season AND he nearly maintained his numbers in a MUCH slower offense and with expending so MUCH energy on defense. BUT if you are -insert basketball analyst here- and told "Hey go write an article on that dunk kid we robbed blind two years in a row"...the headline next day is going to be

"DeRozan Takes Step Back" by: Ollie P McFisterdaughter
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X