No announcement yet.

Chad Ford: Jonas would be the #2 pick in this draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point to why you should do both, but I'm thinking along the lines of over all stats not just any one particular player or area.

If you take a look at all the stats for a team and identify what particular areas a team is weakest at, and what would directly contribute most to win/loses for that team then you can more clearly identify how to go about improving that team. For example with the Heat and their PG situation you might be able to identify that it's not an assist situation from the PG position where they are weakest and in fact that it's their interior defense or outside shooting etc..

Sometimes an outside perspective from someone whom has no attachment to a team is what is needed. We as Raptors fans might say that Derozan took a step back or that we don't have a closer etc..but someone whom looks purely at the stats should be able to identify where we are the weakest and which area to improve to most impact wins and losses.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      from a drafting side i like Ford and find hes pretty correct most of the time, but when he talks certain teams i want to punch him in his stupid face. 99% of the time when he talks toronto i wonder if he's ever watched a raptor game in his life.
      +1

I used to think that he was a complete idiot, but then I started to read what he was saying about other teams and realized that it was just us and maybe some other last place teams that he knows nothing about. That being said, he is rarely wrong about players in the draft and what they need to do to hit their potential.

Comment

Moe Harkless, thats what I want to hear. Hes gonna be a Tony Allen defensive type SF in the future with a decent jumper.

Dion Waiters has build like Dwanye Wade, and he will take the last shot with confidence, we need someone like that a straight up killer. Either one would be great.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

he's built like him sure but he's also significantly shorter with a much shorter wingspan. wade actually has a really big wingspan.

i like waiters, though. he's got a star 6th man quality about him.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like waiters too. But I'm warming up to the idea of gambling on Harkless or Lamb. We may even be able to trade down to get them.

taking Harkless at 15 and up seems like a great pick, whereas at 8 seems like more of a gamble.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              I don't find statistics a great case for a players impact.

A few examples.... If you play PG for the HEAT and it comes time for you to leave...if you just look at stats you would say...oh...shit this PG has very low assists and doesn't run an offense very well. However that PGs role on that team is to give the ball to Wade - Lebron - Bosh and wait in the corner ... shoot the three if all other options fail.

You MUST watch a team play in order have a valid opinion.
              Except that if you look purely on stats you would see that Mario Chalmers just isn't that good. And the reality is.. he's not.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                Except that if you look purely on stats you would see that Mario Chalmers just isn't that good. And the reality is.. he's not.
                he's better than scalibrini

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                  he's better than scalibrini
                  Nobody is better than Scalabrine

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    from a drafting side i like Ford and find hes pretty correct most of the time, but when he talks certain teams i want to punch him in his stupid face. 99% of the time when he talks toronto i wonder if he's ever watched a raptor game in his life.
                    Just for the record, Chad Ford and Brian Colangelo are good friends. One of the first podcasts Chad Ford ever did was with Brian, and they speak often, so perhaps his perspective is just skewed by getting the Colangelo spin?

Comment

I'm gonna pistol whip the next person that spells it "Brian"
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        I'm gonna pistol whip the next person that spells it "Brian"
                        lol

Comment

Brian Colangelo, he's good.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Anyone have insider access to Chad Ford's latest mock draft (released today)?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...raft-version-6

Comment

Still Waiters with the same writeup as before.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Anyone have insider access to Chad Ford's latest mock draft (released today)?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...raft-version-6
                                If you click the free link to play the draft game, where you can pick the draft order, all the players are listed in order according to Ford's mock 6.0 draft list! hehe cheating!

Comment

Working...
                                X