Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    I'm gonna pistol whip the next person that spells it "Brian"
    hey farva, who is that fat guy you're always bringing to shenanigans with you?
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Tue Jun 5, 2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Brian Colangelo, he's good.

....come to the draft party....wear a name tag....I'll do the rest lol
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

....come to the draft party....wear a name tag....I'll do the rest lol
        I would if not those few miles stopping me from coming. -_-
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I don't find statistics a great case for a players impact.

A few examples.... If you play PG for the HEAT and it comes time for you to leave...if you just look at stats you would say...oh...shit this PG has very low assists and doesn't run an offense very well. However that PGs role on that team is to give the ball to Wade - Lebron - Bosh and wait in the corner ... shoot the three if all other options fail.

You MUST watch a team play in order have a valid opinion.

Par Example...I look at the stats and see DeRozan didn't score as much this year....did he take a step back? If I didn't watch the games I would say yes. However he went from second to 1st option, got the brunt of the defensive focus and the guy that helps him spread the floor was injured 75% of the season AND he nearly maintained his numbers in a MUCH slower offense and with expending so MUCH energy on defense. BUT if you are -insert basketball analyst here- and told "Hey go write an article on that dunk kid we robbed blind two years in a row"...the headline next day is going to be

"DeRozan Takes Step Back" by: Ollie P McFisterdaughter

i think you make some great points. could have used a better example than DD, though, because he DID regress. at this phase of his career, he's got to be showing actual improvement...at best, he stagnated (i.e. remained the same) in some areas, and actually regressed in others. i'm not talking about this from a stats-perspective, just what i witnessed on a game-to-game basis. he's got enough skill to be an effective player in this L, but not enough to be one on a consistent enough basis to be thought of as a key piece on a contending team.

he pretty much sums up the raps current biggest issues...they've got quite a few guys who would do quite well in a bench role. and by 'quite a few guys,' i mean 'all of their starters.'
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
            i think you make some great points. could have used a better example than DD, though, because he DID regress. at this phase of his career, he's got to be showing actual improvement...at best, he stagnated (i.e. remained the same) in some areas, and actually regressed in others. i'm not talking about this from a stats-perspective, just what i witnessed on a game-to-game basis. he's got enough skill to be an effective player in this L, but not enough to be one on a consistent enough basis to be thought of as a key piece on a contending team.

he pretty much sums up the raps current biggest issues...they've got quite a few guys who would do quite well in a bench role. and by 'quite a few guys,' i mean 'all of their starters.'

Food for thought. I watched a lot of the games this year and I guess we will have to agree to disagree on DeMar regressing.

My case summed up: The offense OVERALL was significantly slower. This limits his best skill, which is run outs and transition. He was asked to put a lot more energy into defense. The harder you play on D the harder it is to score as tired legs can really throw off a shot. Considering all of this and the defensive improvement and only a 1ppg drop in production with around the same efficiency...I really believe he improved.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Personally I've always preferred the "I" version of our name (over the "Y" version of Brian) but at least Bryan Colangelo probably never had to suffer getting emails addressing him as "Brayn".

There is nothing more annoying than getting emails (like from a director or manager etc) addressing me as "Brain". *shudder*
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

On the 6.0 mock draft for espn, they have us picking Waiters. They say that Lamb and lillard are in the mix as well.

Comment

I think that Big V has a good chance to be Rookie of the Year. He played in Europe for a while with players bigger and older than him.

Ricky Rubio decided to play in Europe for 2 years more I think before coming to the NBA. He became a contender to be ROY.

I think Big V will turn some heads this year

Comment

So we're going with Big V as the nickname? I think the Jury is still out on that...

But good point. guys who have succeeded professionally before usually translate well right away.

Comment

Jonas Sabonis?

Comment

Let's go with Lil' V

Comment

Working...
                        X