ESPN Insider: Jared Sullinger is the "best fit" for the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    We have too many Power forwards as it is, throw in James Johnson and Linas who play the 4 a bit in small ball and drafting a 4 is insane if there is not a trade on the table.
    I concur with this statement whoever says we need to draft Sullinger hasn't watched enough raptors games lately.
    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Oden alert.
      Exactly.

And Sullinger has lost a lot of weight taking away his 'width' advantage when he was 290. Yet if he continues to play at 290 on 2 different length legs, well that doesn't bode well for his knees or hips.

Comment

hey Sullinger has good rebounding skills, and a handful of post moves, hes more NBA ready than most PFs in this draft, hes not good for Toronto but hes good for Milwaukee or Houston etc.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

could there be a dumber article written?

Jared Sulinger is somewhere between Sean May and Marcus Fizer

Raps have a glut of power forwards - what a moron - sport writers should not smoke crack and then write articles about teams they just read up on.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I'm not all for drafting Sullinger but I'm surprised at how negative the reaction is. Of the bigs in the draft he is the one that is likely to be ready to make an impact in his first year. He may not be athletic, but he gets position well and has excellent size. I for one would not be upset if the Raptors took him, he has the potential to be one of the NBA's premier post threats. My only issue with him is the injury report, apparently he had back spams and other things going on this year and if the whole only leg being longer thing is true, that is a bit of a red flag. If he checked out medically though, I actually think that adding a guy who might be able to contribute immediately would be good.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

While I certainly agree with you (I have Sullinger down as the BPA for us in my mock), the reaction is against Sullinger being the "best fit", not his skill level. You can expect someone of his caliber to contribute immediately here but it's unlikely he'll get any playing time due to our PF logjam.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                BC wouldnt either.

This Fran lady is way off.
                Lady or nanny?

Comment

"He drew an average of 6.1 fouls per 40 minutes this season and shoots a shade under 70 percent from the foul line. In a league full of undersized forwards, he'll get opponents in foul trouble".

Did I read that right?

This quote just proves that there is not one good reason why we should take Sullinger. It's not a knock on him as a player, I just think that contextually, it would be as bad of a pick as Rafa.

I should also mention that this person is the ONLY guy to say that the raps should pick a PF, and has truly displayed a new level of i-dont-know-anything-about-the-raptors-itus

Comment

it is people fouling him. it's saying he is hard to handle and punishes at the line for the fouls. but i agree with you that sullinger would be one of the worst picks we could make.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                      "He drew an average of 6.1 fouls per 40 minutes this season and shoots a shade under 70 percent from the foul line. In a league full of undersized forwards, he'll get opponents in foul trouble".

Did I read that right?

This quote just proves that there is not one good reason why we should take Sullinger. It's not a knock on him as a player, I just think that contextually, it would be as bad of a pick as Rafa.

I should also mention that this person is the ONLY guy to say that the raps should pick a PF, and has truly displayed a new level of i-dont-know-anything-about-the-raptors-itus
                      I read a mock out of a Chicago Bulls based writer saying the Raps should take Sullinger as well. Clearly these guys do not watch Raptor games and do not know the history of 280lb guys with 2 different length legs.

Comment

Leg length is a negligible issue easily corrected with orthotics.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I read a mock out of a Chicago Bulls based writer saying the Raps should take Sullinger as well. Clearly these guys do not watch Raptor games and do not know the history of 280lb guys with 2 different length legs.
                          What is it about the Raptors that people find so boring that they can't at least glance at the roster to see if it makes sense.

They should just read RaptorsRepublic for 20 minutes and they'll get all the info they need....

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                            Leg length is a negligible issue easily corrected with orthotics.
                            any proof of this. My dad has two different sized legs

Comment

Sullinger will most likely not be a dud. I actually think he will be a decent guy to have on any team.. like a David West/Paul Milsap type of guy... not really an all-star, but a good guy to have on a team. He's going to be a good rebounder and low post presence.

However, the Raps do not 'need' this type of player on the team at this point. Saying that, I think he might be the BPA.. and if Bryan is considering stacking a position, he might continue to stack the PF.

I don't think it would be difficult to move both Amir and Davis. As for the one leg being larger than the other.. that's a red flag but as Prime indicated in his last post - that could easily be fixed. At least his bones are not made of glass like Oden's is.

I'd personally prefer if we went a different direction because I'd rather see a guard/wing then another big, but I won't be going postal if we ended up drafting Sullinger.

Comment

I see Sully being a Boris Diaw type player with better post moves and less range. The physical similarities are just a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X