Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The case for Rudy Gay to the Raptors: Heisley speaks to rumours (277)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford seems to think we will package the pick with Calderon or someone else for an "elite wing" seems like he's on the same page...

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/44099
    Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

• OntheGo wrote: View Post
      Demar + Pick + cap relief is WAY TO MUCH for someone who's earning franchise player $$$'s w/o franchise player production. let's remember, Memphis is the one shopping Gay for financial relief, so why bail them out by giving them multiple assets along with cap relief? the most I offer is Demar or ed or pick + Kleiza + Jose....
      they wont want jose. they want less salary. but i agree that demar is to much to add.
      this pick, 2014s pick, ed and filler is what i like. but none of us get to make the decision. i just hope it isn't stupid if it goes down. we have to pay more for people to come here not trade more.

Comment

• RAPTORS GOING SHOPPING

It’s no secret the Raptors are aggressively shopping for a talent upgrade at guard or small forward.

Memphis small forward Rudy Gay and Philadelphia swingman Andre Iguodala have long topped the wish list of the club and ESPN put fuel on the fire on Wednesday by reiterating as much.

However, according to sources, the report that the Raptors have been trying to package a young player like Ed Davis with the No. 8 selection and a veteran (Jose Calderon or Andrea Bargnani, according to the report) is not entirely accurate.

The Raptors are not inclined to both solve the salary cap problems of a team like Memphis by taking on Gay as well as surrendering that significant a package of assets and have let that be known.

The price would likely have to come down for Toronto to agree to a deal.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/06/06...ures-on-lebron
        Sweet.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Sweet.
          great. that's the way it should be. we are not that desperate.

Comment

• nice. ESPN was making it seem like the raps were willing to sell the farm.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
              What are the chances that if we include DD, the pick and other pieces, but we also recieve Mayo as a S&T?

Calderon
              Mayo
              Gay
              Bargs
              Val

That seems really solid to me.
              This is the best scenario I've read so far (if you replace Calderon with Nash )

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                This is the best scenario I've read so far (if you replace Calderon with Nash )
                I like this:

Nash
                Ariza
                Gay
                Bargnani
                JV

Comment

• OntheGo wrote: View Post
                  Demar + Pick + cap relief is WAY TO MUCH for someone who's earning franchise player $$$'s w/o franchise player production. let's remember, Memphis is the one shopping Gay for financial relief, so why bail them out by giving them multiple assets along with cap relief? the most I offer is Demar or ed or pick + Kleiza + Jose....
                  The Raptors aren't the only team with Gay on their radar. Our goal isn't to "bail out" Memphis. It's to submit an offer that's better than anyone else's offer.

Regardless of what some people think of Gay's contract, he's still a desireable asset.

Comment

• There isn't enough basketball to go around for Bargnani, Gay and Ariza. Ariza is a chucker.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      There isn't enough basketball to go around for Bargnani, Gay and Ariza. Ariza is a chucker.
                      He played with Gasol and Kobe. I think he'd be alright.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Sweet.
                        The only concern is that another team outbids us in the Gay sweepstakes. Depending on how badly Colangelo covets Gay, he'll have no choice but to up his offer.

Comment

The only concern is that another team outbids us in the Gay sweepstakes. Depending on how badly Colangelo covets Gay, he'll have no choice but to up his offer.
                          Gay's contract is gigantic. I don't think the Raptors should bend over backwards to take that huge deal of the Grizzlies hands. If some team wants to sell the farm to take on that big contract it's better off not being the Raptors. There are other options out there as well.

Comment

• As for Iguodala, his stats have been declining steadily lately, but I wonder how much of that is a result of the system. With players like Holiday and Williams (and a healthy Brand), there is less of a scoring burdern on Iggy's shoulders these days. Does that mean he can't score anymore....somehow, I doubt that.

Having said that, I'd still think that Gay is the only player I would move the 8th pick for.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Gay's contract is gigantic. I don't think the Raptors should bend over backwards to take that huge deal of the Grizzlies hands. If some team wants to sell the farm to take on that big contract it's better off not being the Raptors. There are other options out there as well.
                              It is a fat contract, but in the grand scheme of things, 3 years doesn't seem like a commitment we'll regret. Just my opinion.

Comment

As for Iguodala, his stats have been declining steadily lately, but I wonder how much of that is a result of the system. With players like Holiday and Williams (and a healthy Brand), there is less of a scoring burdern on Iggy's shoulders these days. Does that mean he can't score anymore....somehow, I doubt that.

Having said that, I'd still think that Gay is the only player I would move the 8th pick for.

I think quite a bit of it has to do with the system (on Iggy). His points are down, but his FG% went up, so he's not becoming less efficient. And for some reason his FT% dropped drastically, which affects his ppg

Comment

Working...
                                X