Maybe these Raptors Might be Alright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe these Raptors Might be Alright

Call me cynical, but the Raptors have a little bit of fire in them. I`ve suffered throught those horribly deflating raptor losses in the past, as we all have, but I saw something different than those Raptor teams of past in the Lakers win. We all know that the Raps play up or down depending on thier competition (with varying degrees of sucess and faliure), but there has to be something excitiing in playing up to the level of the defending NBA champs and winning!
    I don`t expect the 09-10 Raptors to contend for a title, but we as Raptor fans need to appreciate the little victories. We`re lucky to still have an NBA team in Canada, and any sucess, however big or small, should be celebrated by us diehard Rap Fans.

This current team is such a tease. Sort of like the team's of the Carter era. So much to be hopeful for but always leaving you scratching your head, wondering if they're as talented and capable as you think they are. Let's hope Bosh doesn't pull a T-Mac.

Comment

How many Pro teams aren`t a tease though. The Cater era had less talent than our current squad(IMO). I`m not saying this team is the cream of the crop by any stretch, but at the very least they`re interesting. How many non-discript Raptor teams do we have to live thorugh before we come to something that at least comes to watchable. Win or lose, pretty or ulgy, I`ll watch a full 48 of these Raptors.

Comment

The Raptors have shown that they are capable of competing with some of the top teams in the league. At the same time, they've shown more times that they will play down to the level of talent some of the lesser teams have. And then there are the times that the Raptors just disappear.

There certainly is a lot to be optimistic about, but this team is still growing. Assuming we have continuity going into next season (i.e. no major trades), I think we'll start seeing us play up to the potential that we are currently seeing.

Comment

I don't think so. We get a couple of good wins and then bad losses. We need a good SG to be better iMO
          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

i don't know from what i see the raptors seem to show up for the big games and disappear when they play weak teams ..i like the way they won this game today ..
            ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Working...
            X