NBA Young Gunz hypocrisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Young Gunz hypocrisy

In the Beginning of this season the raptors were told by the NBA that our Young Gunz should be renamed the Young Onez, because the NBA did not want to associate basketball with guns. In the current playoffs the OKC young players are constantly being referred by the NBA commentators as the Young Gunzs. Seriously, whats up with this hypocrisy! I am sorry that currently i can not provide with any sources since i am in a hurry, but this is a real piss off! I say we start calling our young players the Young Gunz again.

Maybe the league prevented our young players from referring to themselves as the "Young Guns" because they were fully aware that they were firing blanks and preferred that name to be used on a team that was comprised of younger players who were actually talented and together fired on all cylinders.

Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka
    VS
    DeRozan, Weems, Amir and Davis

Hmmm... I know which group should be the Young Guns! lol

Comment

sultkam wrote: View Post
      In the Beginning of this season the raptors were told by the NBA that our Young Gunz should be renamed the Young Onez, because the NBA did not want to associate basketball with guns. In the current playoffs the OKC young players are constantly being referred by the NBA commentators as the Young Gunzs. Seriously, whats up with this hypocrisy! I am sorry that currently i can not provide with any sources since i am in a hurry, but this is a real piss off! I say we start calling our young players the Young Gunz again.
      It actually wasn't the NBA, so much as it was the Raptors Organization, I believe.

Comment

Who cares, the whole young guns theme was like junior high. I was embarrassed by it.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Blame the wizards

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          It actually wasn't the NBA, so much as it was the Raptors Organization, I believe.
          It had more to do with the washington incident involving Arenas and Crittenten the same year. The Raptors/NBA, obviously wanted nothing to do with what was going on in the wizards locker room and decided to change the name.

Comment

Whether it's "Gunz" or "Onez", mediocre players don't deserve nicknames.

Comment

The Raptors Players' Body guard was the one who gave them the name. (I personally asked DD and the bodyguard at my son's ball camp, a year and change ago) I keep seeing everyone shitting on DD, Weems and Amir for the name. THEY DID NOT GIVE THEMSELVES THE NAME, THEY JUST RAN WITH IT. Secondly, Ed Davis was never one. They got the name from Summer League, when they were cleaning house. There's NOTHING wrong with having a nickname in ball. So what if they're called Young Gunz or Onez? They were young, and provided attention that we needed for our team that was POSITIVE. I still like the name for them and I think they should push it. Just like the TWO "Big 3s". It's JUST a figure of speech. DD isn't 100% garbage, neither is Weems and Amir. I can name a plethora of shittier players that get attention. It's JUST A NAME. We ALL do it, when we share our hobbies, teams and organizations with people you work/play with, who are around you all the time and are close friends. Geez, get worked up, if it was a trio like Anthony Carter, Alabi and Butler, then I can see the tight underwears causing discomfort. Lol
              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

lol. Agreed!

Comment

The term "young gun" has been applied to any young player who makes shots as long as I can remember. They also use the term gunslinger for any volume shooter. Commentators are pretty lazy with catch phrases and a lot of them are fairly inappropriate ("facial"? really?).
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Ouch. Thats harsh.

I guess they shouldnt be doing pre-game special handshakes or fist pumps when they make incredible shots until they prove something.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Ouch. Thats harsh.

I guess they shouldnt be doing pre-game special handshakes or fist pumps when they make incredible shots until they prove something.
                      lol

I know Amir definitely shouldn't be doing a dice roll after making a three!

Comment

Call me old school, but the Glove, the Admiral, and the Mailman all deserved their nicknames. Sonny Weems? Not so much...

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          Ouch. Thats harsh.

Lol....+1
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

Comment

Uh, ohhhhh...David Robinson called Durant, Westbrook and Harden "Young Gunz" on his twitter after the game, last night. How dare him call them that, right guys? Lmao

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                              Uh, ohhhhh...David Robinson called Durant, Westbrook and Harden "Young Gunz" on his twitter after the game, last night. How dare him call them that, right guys? Lmao
                              DeRozan, Weems and Amir could matchup against Durant, Westbrook and Harden any day of the week!!!! Unless we're talking basketball.

Comment

Working...
                              X