That was one costly coin toss - Warriors are gonna screw us again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was one costly coin toss - Warriors are gonna screw us again

The Warriors would like to upgrade their starting small-forward spot.

Golden State reportedly would like to trade a combination of its four first-round picks for Andre Iguodala, Nicolas Batum, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger or Josh Smith.

"Having four picks is a tremendous situation to be in, and I think we can do some good things with it," general manager Bob Myers said. "We're excited. We have a tremendous amount of assets, which puts us in good shape to explore a variety of opportunities. It's up to us to make something of it."

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, a 6-foot-7 small forward out of Kentucky, also is coveted by the Warriors.
    Via San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1x2X4ExPf

That doesn't bode well for our chances to get a veteran Small Forward, assuming the pick is the main asset in return.

DoubleD wrote: View Post

Golden State reportedly would like to trade a combination of its four first-round picks for Andre Iguodala, Nicolas Batum, Luol Deng, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger or Josh Smith.

"Having four picks is a tremendous situation to be in, and I think we can do some good things with it," general manager Bob Myers said. "We're excited. We have a tremendous amount of assets, which puts us in good shape to explore a variety of opportunities. It's up to us to make something of it."

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, a 6-foot-7 small forward out of Kentucky, also is coveted by the Warriors.
    Via San Francisco Chronicle

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1x2X4ExPf

That doesn't bode well for our chances to get a veteran Small Forward, assuming the pick is the main asset in return.
    Batum is not going anywhere.

AI is not a good fit for Toronto, in my opinion, mainly due to health, age, and declining production the last number of seasons.

Deng is a health concern with his back and wrist that needs surgery.

Granger is a good fit for the Raptors but the same issues as AI.

Gay and Smith are both on teams with money issues. Toronto can offer something Golden State definitely cannot: significant cap relief.

Comment

I'd be more worried about the Warriors getting wind of who the Raptors are high on in the draft and then leveraging them to move up a pick to insure he's selected by them.

Comment

DoubleD wrote: View Post

Nope, two first round picks, two second rounders (7, 30, 35, 52). For a team like Memphis that are in win now mode, and still have their own pick (25th), I don't think another late first or second-rounder is the thing that puts a GS offer over the top.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          Nope, two first round picks, two second rounders (7, 30, 35, 52). For a team like Memphis that are in win now mode, and still have their own pick (25th), I don't think another late first or second-rounder is the thing that puts a GS offer over the top.
          Boom! Truth bomb. I was thinking the exact same thing before I got to your post.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Batum is not going anywhere.

AI is not a good fit for Toronto, in my opinion, mainly due to health, age, and declining production the last number of seasons.

Deng is a health concern with his back and wrist that needs surgery.

Granger is a good fit for the Raptors but the same issues as AI.

Gay and Smith are both on teams with money issues. Toronto can offer something Golden State definitely cannot: significant cap relief.
            I have also read that Memphis is not interested in moving Rudy Gay...it could be a planted story to get teams to increase what they are offering, but if you couple that with the money issues, it seems logical.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
              I have also read that Memphis is not interested in moving Rudy Gay...it could be a planted story to get teams to increase what they are offering, but if you couple that with the money issues, it seems logical.
              I interpret this a little differently, Memphis is not doing the calling trying to trade Rudy, but they are listening to what is being offered. Subtle difference, it can keep your guy from feeling like he is unwanted in case a deal does not happen.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Production is declining because they share the ball more in Philly...new coach defense oriented system.

The man is capable of a triple double on any given night. Because of his knack for tough defense I feel like
                he is a better fit than Gay. His production has only declined because the entire Philly team seems to average 12ppg.
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                X