No announcement yet.

2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 3rd Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a better chance Washington amnesties Blatche than Lewis. Either way I am going with T-Rob here.. Drummond is a possibility but I think he falls and Cleveland snatches him up.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      There is a better chance Washington amnesties Blatche than Lewis. Either way I am going with T-Rob here.. Drummond is a possibility but I think he falls and Cleveland snatches him up.
      Especially considering Lewis' contract is "only" guaranteed for somewhere between $11 and $13M.

Comment

picked beal. Seraphin was showing some real promise last year... but if Drummond has an above average workout he could be the John Wall's new DeMarcus Cousins

Comment

Rebel pick ..... lol

As much as I recognize this thread is a quasi democratic way of choosing the draft, I'd like to step out and follow my picks in the order I envision them.

As such, I'm predicting MKG as Washington's pick, making my order of picks as such:
          >
          1. Davis - NO
          2. Beal - Charlotte (they need scoring)
          3. MKG - Washington - they seem to have an abundance of Bigs, while lacking at the SF spot

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
            As much as I recognize this thread is a quasi democratic way of choosing the draft, I'd like to step out and follow my picks in the order I envision them.

As such, I'm predicting MKG as Washington's pick, making my order of picks as such:
            >
            1. Davis - NO
            2. Beal - Charlotte (they need scoring)
            3. MKG - Washington - they seem to have an abundance of Bigs, while lacking at the SF spot

I'm with you on the first two, but I think Wash. would still take the Home town boy TRob

Comment

The votes have been tallied and with the 3rd Pick in the 2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft, the Washington Wizards select.....

THOMAS ROBINSON, PF, KANSAS

Raptors Republic have decided to pair up the explosive Robinson with his hometown team. The front court combo of Nene and Robinson will give visitors into the paint a lot of headaches and probably their fair share of bruises.

2011-2012 NCAA Statistics

PPG: 17.9
              RPG: 11.8
              FG%: 50.5

Positives
              •Long, athletic big man
              •Very physical
              •Excellent rebounder
              •Explosive leaper
              •Strong, NBA body
              •Tough defender
              •Dramatically improved offensive game

Negatives
              •A bit undersized for his position
              •Can sometimes get distracted with his perimeter game

Analysis, as per ESPN scouts

Many scouts believe Robinson is one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft. What Robinson should provide right away are athleticism, toughness, an NBA-ready body and a motor that won't quit on both ends of the floor. He's been a monster rebounder for KU and is aggressive looking for his shot around the rim.

Robinson surprised scouts this year with his ball handling ability and a solid midrange jump shot. He's not afraid to get the ball at the top of the key and create his shot there. His quickness for a player his size and his explosive leaping ability make him a formidable threat offensively down the road.

Scouts know that Robinson can handle adversity. He lost his grandmother, grandfather and mother in the span of a few weeks during his sophomore year and stoically played through it. That sort of mental toughness will come in handy at the next level.

This season he took a lightly regarded KU team and carried it all the way to the NCAA championship game. That sort of leadership and toughness are coveted at the next level.

Comment

Working...
              X