Chad Ford speaks of Deng to Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    yes but you know why they were "fringe" HOF's? because they had a surefire HOF on their team that made everyone around them better.
    For example:

Horace Grant had Jordan
    Shawn Marion had Steve Nash
    Big Z had LeBron
    So your point is that those respective guys were considered great because they had superstars on their team, not because they were great players in their own right? Okay. Gotcha.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      So your point is that those respective guys were considered great because they had superstars on their team, not because they were great players in their own right? Okay. Gotcha.
      Coulda let him down easy :P
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• If you got half those guys on that list at #8 in a draft, you'd be happy
        The other half, you'd be ecstatic.

Deng is in the middle there, closer to ecstatic.

8th is not that great of a pick, sure there have been superstars, but there have been superstars in the 2nd round too. You take the known commodity, especially when it addresses a need and is a player who can give you 5 more years playing at or close to his peak.

If Deng for the 8 is a real offer I hope we take it, banking on college kids in the low lottery is a big gamble.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          If you got half those guys on that list at #8 in a draft, you'd be happy
          The other half, you'd be ecstatic.

Deng is in the middle there, closer to ecstatic.

8th is not that great of a pick, sure there have been superstars, but there have been superstars in the 2nd round too. You take the known commodity, especially when it addresses a need and is a player who can give you 5 more years playing at or close to his peak.

If Deng for the 8 is a real offer I hope we take it, banking on college kids in the low lottery is a big gamble.
          Deng is getting older, and can't create a shot. He's an all-star player, but he had superstars around him to make him better, BUT he is a good player. I just don't see him a great fit, because his role will be greatly increased here as supposed to Chicago where Boozer, Hamilton, and Rose are the option ahead of him.

No one on this team can create something out of nothing, and even though Deng is a blue collar, team gel, hard working player, his really only 'great' attributes are his jumpshot and defense. The guy has no more potential, he's reached his ceiling, this team will be setting up for mediocrity with him, and that'll get us nowhere in the future. Unlike a team BUILDING towards young players. Austin Rivers and Jeremy Lamb have good potential to be big time NBA contributors, and there games will make them better suited for the NBA than the collegiate level.

Plus with the trade you'd have to give up a very, very good point guard in Jose Calderon. With that happening, and no sure fire chance of attaining Lowry/Dragic or signing Nash, this team will be ran by Jerryd Bayless, who has a little bit of a Russel Westbrook type game. He can't pass the ball to Durant, what makes you think Jerryd can do the same for less talent like Bargnani and Derozan on consistent basis? He's proved in about 13 games where he's started I believe he can be solid, but the offense has been very, very poorly ran. Bargnani and Derozan didn't get shots..

Comment

• I was under the impression that it wouldn't be Jose and the 8. If that is the case I can understand not going through with it knowing that we wouldn't be able to draft a reliable PG at 29.

Comment

• Interesting article about Deng's perspective on potential trades: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...urprised-trade

I found it interesting that Golden State was sending a scout to watch Great Britain's practice... Deng for #7 rumors could heat up!

Comment

• Toronto trade Calderon + Davis + 8th pick + Barbosa TPE for Deng + Noah

We are not just getting Deng, we are getting Noah too according to a source rumor.

Then we sign Nash and bring back Vinsanity

Nash/Bayless/2nd round pick (Scot Machado)
                DeRozan/Vince/Forbes
                Deng/JJ Johnson/Kleiza
                Bargs/Amir/2nd round pick (Quincy Acy)
                Noah/Val/Magloire

This look like a solid starting lineups and our backups aren't that bad.

I think Nash will make DeRozan, Deng, Bargs, and Noah better. Personally, if i we can get Noah, i would second this trade with Deng. Noah will start while let Val develops his game in a year or two.

Comment

• Noah? Really? Come on..

And how many times have we told you that you can't re-sign Bayless or use the TPE and have money to sign Nash? You need to renounce all of that first.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    Toronto trade Calderon + Davis + 8th pick + Barbosa TPE for Deng + Noah

We are not just getting Deng, we are getting Noah too according to a source rumor.

Then we sign Nash and bring back Vinsanity

Nash/Bayless/2nd round pick (Scot Machado)
                    DeRozan/Vince/Forbes
                    Deng/JJ Johnson/Kleiza
                    Bargs/Amir/2nd round pick (Quincy Acy)
                    Noah/Val/Magloire

This look like a solid starting lineups and our backups aren't that bad.

I think Nash will make DeRozan, Deng, Bargs, and Noah better. Personally, if i we can get Noah, i would second this trade with Deng. Noah will start while let Val develops his game in a year or two.
                    Those 101 posts have been very annoying and unrealistic. Where is the source rumour btw? There is not way in hell we are getting Noah... Sign Nash and wait... wait.. BRING BACK VINSANITY?

Wow this guy is gold.

Comment

• Andrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo! Sports) tweets:

Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng "no chance" of a deal sending him to Warriors, league source tells Y!

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Andrian Wojnarowski (Yahoo! Sports) tweets:
                        good thing we aren't the Warriors
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I don't think any trades will happen until draft day. Deng would be a great pickup for us as he is a good defender and a good shooter.

However, if someone like Barnes/Drummond/Lillard falls to us, i don't think we are going to trade them for Deng. They would be great rookies for us to develop and/or trade for something better than Deng.

Comment

• I would be happy if the Raps traded for Deng... just not if it cost them the #8 pick.

Calderon & Davis/JJ & 2013 1st round pick (top-10 protected) for Deng.

I know Chicago traded JJ to Toronto, but I think he's improved and would be able to replace Deng in their lineup - unlikely, but an option instead of Davis (they have Boozer & Gibson at PF). I wouldn't be upset at losing the 2013 pick, especially if an improved roster (ie: Valanciunas, Nash, Deng, a 1st round pick, etc...) was expected to compete for (and hopefully make) the playoffs next season.

Deng just isn't worth #8, IMO.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              When did i say that? they were good players on their own but they were even better because of the superstars they had on their respective teams that made them better.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                When did i say that? they were good players on their own but they were even better because of the superstars they had on their respective teams that made them better.
                                when did you say it? look back at your own quote, bro. shouldn't be too hard. it's on the same page so you don't have to do too much digging.

Comment

Working...
                                X