No announcement yet.

Mock Draft 7.0 - Raptors select.....Dion Waiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think either would indicate a lack of interest on the part of the Raptors. It's just a guess, but scheduling players early allows you with enough time to schedule them for a second workout. Scheduling them in later is just doing your due diligence.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      The last time we had a .500 season was '07 - '08. I think we need to build our starting roster before we start looking at players coming off the bench in order to get back to some sort of respectablity. I agree that if Waiters is better than DeMar they should trade DeMar, but management seems to be pretty high on him and if Bargnani is any indication they will give DeMar every chance possible to prove himself.
      Except that every interview in the past week or so and most of the guys who have been in for workouts make me wonder about Demar's future at the 2... Lamb, Rivers, Terrence Ross, Beal... are all SGs. Lillard and Marshall and Ty Taylor, PGs. Only Barnes -- and Harkless, who has been mentioned a lot but hasn't worked out yet and is a big reach at 8 -- are SF prospects.

I dunno, but I still think Colangelo will try to fill SF through sign/trade vs. draft, and go with the BPA -- which will most likely be a backup SG, or if they're lucky, Lillard -- if they stay at 8. Which means DD is probably safe for now, unless the guy they pick is a SG who somehow ends up being a stud from Day 1.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Cant wait to hear Sleepy Lamb and his upbeat view on events.
        i will save you the time "um it went good. um um then good and um we did some good stuff" he better be smart with his money or its mop and broom time for him

Comment

Austin Rivers, Damian Lillard, Perry Jones.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I can't rank Rivers above Lillard, but think he is the dark horse of this draft. He reminds be of Kobe in his attitude. He isn't an elite athelete though so I don't know how high his ceiling is, but he's the type of guy whose eyes are gonna get real big when he's playing against a star player. He'll take it to them every time to try and prove himself.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Waiters at 8 is stupid, i'm sorry but thats just not a good idea at all. He's project out of the lottery and there are better players available that we could pick. I'm all for Lillard or PJ3
              Waiters is a project? But PJ3 isn't?
              I wouldn't be upset with Waiters,
              When Manu and Harden come off the bench, SAS and OKC seem to do pretty well......

Comment

rus wrote: View Post
                Waiters is a project? But PJ3 isn't?
                I wouldn't be upset with Waiters,
                When Manu and Harden come off the bench, SAS and OKC seem to do pretty well......
                we are looking for STARTERS not bench players. i meant to say he's projected outside the top 14(the lottery) and it would be too much of a reach to choose him. He is definitely not that good. PJ3 is a project but he's got mad potential, but right now i want lillard or Rivers

Comment

we are looking for STARTERS not bench players. i meant to say he's projected outside the top 14(the lottery) and it would be too much of a reach to choose him. He is definitely not that good. PJ3 is a project but he's got mad potential, but right now i want lillard or Rivers
                  It was interesting to note in the Casey interview (see the Coach Casey thread) that he mentioned it was unlikely the Raps would get a starting calibur player with the #8 pick. He felt they would get a solid player with great potential, who could contribute on the 2nd unit (and likely could become a starter eventually), but that it was doubtful that an immediate impact player was going to be available. I don't think any of the players mentioned - including Lillard and Rivers - are going to be starters next season.

It goes with what I've been saying about this draft for quite awhile... it is deep with a good 15-20 players who will be very solid rotation players, but it is very shallow when it comes to surefire starters (on most teams even Davis @ 1st overall would be best served coming off the bench, being as raw as he is).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    It was interesting to note in the Casey interview (see the Coach Casey thread) that he mentioned it was unlikely the Raps would get a starting calibur player with the #8 pick. He felt they would get a solid player with great potential, who could contribute on the 2nd unit (and likely could become a starter eventually), but that it was doubtful that an immediate impact player was going to be available. I don't think any of the players mentioned - including Lillard and Rivers - are going to be starters next season.

It goes with what I've been saying about this draft for quite awhile... it is deep with a good 15-20 players who will be very solid rotation players, but it is very shallow when it comes to surefire starters (on most teams even Davis @ 1st overall would be best served coming off the bench, being as raw as he is).
                    Well most rookies unless you are like LeBron or Durant will not start in their first season. If we draft Lillard he wont start right off the bat but if he impresses i don't think casey will hesitate to inject him into the starting lineup.

Comment

Well most rookies unless you are like LeBron or Durant will not start in their first season. If we draft Lillard he wont start right off the bat but if he impresses i don't think casey will hesitate to inject him into the starting lineup.
                      Oh don't get me wrong, I really like Lillard as a prospect and would be quite happy if the Raps draft him @ #8 (though I think it's more likely Portland grabs him @ #6). I just find it interesting to hear Casey warn fans not to expect an immediate impact player with the #8 pick, even in a draft that is being hyped as a loaded, deep draft. I actually appreciate his honesty and frankness, as opposed to trying to sell the fanbase on a star coming on board... it's refreshing to hear.

Comment

Waiters is a known commodity. He has climbed on draft boards recently but before that he was a top 15 player in high school, McDonald's All American, and the best player on a NCAA number one seed tourney team last season. The Orange's games were on the big networks all the time.

I am not sure how DW would fit with the Raptors. It might take a while for him to develop.

Comment

PJ3 is a 4, I'd be awfully surprised if he somehow became quick enough to defend the 3. I think the combine numbers showed that. No history of defending at the 3, that's a lot of speculation and hope there.....I agree he has potential, a ton in fact, but so did Anthony Randolph, ....
                          Who is say DW wouldn't eventually start?
                          Why is Rivers suddenly everyone's darling, he certainly wasn't a month ago....

I too like lillard, I would be very pleased with him. If he's there at 8

Comment

PJ3 is a 4, I'd be awfully surprised if he somehow became quick enough to defend the 3. I think the combine numbers showed that. No history of defending at the 3, that's a lot of speculation and hope there.....I agree he has potential, a ton in fact, but so did Anthony Randolph, ....

Nobody really knew a spec about Rivers until workouts and combine. I believe he is going to be a very good player, you aren't ranked number 1 out of high school for no reason. Austin didn't have a great team around him, I mean he had some solid talent, but none that could really create a cushion for Rivers to be totally effective. He WAS the main guy, ACC rookie of the year, led the team in scoring, I believe he has a higher ceiling than others believe. High character, right mentality type guy. I was always high on his game since coming out of high school..

Perry Jones III seems different to me though. He is built as a perimeter player, if he was a four, than he would've easily dominated in the post don't you think? The reason why he wasn't able to be so great, is because he was playing in a system playing in the post, not the perimeter. I think Perry Jones III is going underrated IMO, I believe he will be a good player as well, high potential, but my only question for him, is his motor.

Comment

PJ3 is a 4, I'd be awfully surprised if the somehow became quick enough to defend the 3. I think the combine numbers showed that. No history of defending at the 3, that's a lot of speculation and hope there.....I agree he has potential, a ton in fact, but so did Anthony Randolph, ....

Are you sure about that? Perry Jones is one of the fastest players in the draft. A very fast, explosive athlete that has an incredibly quick first dribble (although he can't dribble very well). I don't think he's gonna have any trouble keeping up with players, the problem is who's gonna keep up with him?

6'11" P-H-E-N-O-M
                              Last edited by Sig; Fri Jun 15, 2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                                Are you sure about that? Perry Jones is one of he fastest players in the draft. A very fast, explosive athlete that has an incredibly quick first dribble (although he can;t dribble very well). I don't think he's gonna have any trouble keeping up with players, the problem is who's gonna keep up with him?
                                +1 Very, very athletic player.

Comment

Working...
                                X