Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Do you want Bosh to win the championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

koncept wrote: View Post
    i hate bosh for being secretive about the way he left. I dont think you can blame BC for not trading Bosh, most GMs with a 'superstar' wouldn't trade him if theres a chance to keep them. I don't agree with that but I'm not the GM
    BC did trade Bosh in the offseason, to be clear. If your problem is that they did not trade him during the year, I think I agree with you that you cant blame BC, but in the offseason, we gotta get a little more then what we got. That trade should have set us up for the immediate future like the Melo trade did to Denver. That is what I blame BC for. He put himself in a postion where Bosh opts out of his player option, and Miami has all the leverage in the trade.
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jun 14, 2012, 06:06 PM. Reason: needed to elaborate

Comment

montreal06 wrote: View Post
      He will always be a Raptor in all of our hearts
      Maybe to some fans, but he will always be a cry baby ostrich velociraptor in my mind.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        alot of things about the heat winning bother me

- the way the team was put together is BS
        - eddy curry would have a ring.... EDDY "I LOVE DONUTS" CURRY... f' that
        - as much as everyone else, i enjoy when chris bosh cries, but i dont want his tears to stain the trophy
        - i just watched "more than a game" last night.. and it made me hate lebron even more
        - every year they don't win, they get one step closer to proving dan gilbert right... and who doesn't want that crazy fucker to be right?
        - OKC winning would prove that loyalty and team building are more important than random gatherings of "talent"
        - lebron's hairline
        - i dont particularly like teams who send out their random unknown bench players to head hunt players on the other team that hurt their diva superstar's feelings... i cant even remember that twat's name, he's THAT irrelevant... his only reason for existing is throwing elbows
        - lebron's hairline
        Since Bron's hairline was clearly a sorepoint (you mentioned it twice) I couldn't resist...

Comment

montreal06 wrote: View Post
          So.... If all this happened to Toronto meaning we got 3 super all stars, you guys would hate the Raptors too?
          If that happened to Toronto, you better slap your face the hardest you can coz youre most likely dreaming.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
            Maybe to some fans, but he will always be a cry baby ostrich velociraptor in my mind.
            Lol, velociraptor

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I don't want Miami to win. For me it has less to do with Bosh specifically, and more to do with the whole super-friends collusion. It just isn't good for the game and just the thought of Bosh and LBJ celebrating a championship makes me sick.
              Same here. first of all, if one really believed that those three made their decision hours away from announcing theyre playing in miami, then youre as gullible as those old people who reply to those "im a millionaire, i need help with my money" emails.
              secondly, if they do win, i dont think they deserve the title coz they practically bought the title. they got rid of everybody on the roster to clear cap space to sign those three and basically got scrubs to complete the team. aint no strategy there.

eventhough they did a complete 360 from their attitude last year, still doesnt get my vote.

i actually want it to go to game 7, then thunder wins via 30pt margin, just so lebron would feel how bad it hurt again to come that close to a championship and not be able to win it.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Bosh did have a player option (as did Wade and Lebron). They all agreed to opt out of their final year. Colangelo was just the idiot who decided not to trade Bosh.
                Yeah and they all said it was never planned.

True. But i think Bosh whispered sweet nothings in his ear too. If Bosh came out and said, I will not be back, this franchise loved me for 7 years so i think i owe it to you guys to let you know so you can do whatever....then all is good. It wouldnt have made a difference. If BC traded him, he still wouldve played with another team, let his contract expire then sign with the Heat.

But as one poster said, he held the team hostage, trying to see first if Miami will be able to sign all the three of them and when it was confirmed, then he bailed. Ive always doubted that he wouldve moved to Miami if it was only wade and him.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  Yeah and they all said it was never planned.

True. But i think Bosh whispered sweet nothings in his ear too. If Bosh came out and said, I will not be back, this franchise loved me for 7 years so i think i owe it to you guys to let you know so you can do whatever....then all is good. It wouldnt have made a difference. If BC traded him, he still wouldve played with another team, let his contract expire then sign with the Heat.

But as one poster said, he held the team hostage, trying to see first if Miami will be able to sign all the three of them and when it was confirmed, then he bailed. Ive always doubted that he wouldve moved to Miami if it was only wade and him.
                  Not to mention we didn't get shit in return!

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                    Not to mention we didn't get shit in return!
                    Technically we James Johnson in return, and also got back our own conditional 1st round pick. Yay us.
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 14, 2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I'm not cheering for Bosh. I'm not mad that he left Toronto but I lost a lot of respect due to how he left Toronto. Kevin Durant has a true heart of a Champion and he in my opinion represents what basketball should be about. I am cheering for KD and that means I am cheering against Bosh.

Poll added.

Comment

Technically we got Valanciunas and James Johnson in return, as they are who the two 1st round draft picks became, which Toronto received in the Bosh trade. Davis was Toronto's own 2011 1st round pick (which had been traded to Miami in the O'Neal-Marion deal) and Johnson was acquired in a trade involving Miami's 2011 1st round pick.
                        Interesting, didn't even know that

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
                          Interesting, didn't even know that
                          I was partly wrong... I forgot that the 1st round pick we had previously dealt to Miami was conditional, meaning it wouldn't have gone to Miami until the first time the Raps made the playoffs between 2010-2015. So the Raps still would've drafted Valanciunas last year regardless. I guess technically one of the Raptors' 1st round picks in the next few years is the one that we got back from Miami... only time will tell who that winds up being. The second 1st round pick Toronto received was Miami's 2011 pick (#29), which was traded to Chicago for JJ.

Comment

I don't want Miami to win. For me it has less to do with Bosh specifically, and more to do with the whole super-friends collusion. It just isn't good for the game and just the thought of Bosh and LBJ celebrating a championship makes me sick.
                            The same can be said for OKC except from an off the court/management perspective.

If OKC wins, really Seattle deserves the championship.

You cant tell me you wouldn't be urked if say hypothetically toronto was up and moved at the snap of a finger and four years later. They are in the championship game.

It's why people hate Memphis here and it has been much longer.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

To me, both of these teams are what's wrong with the nba. One is wrong on court, but, right offand the other vica versa.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

koncept wrote: View Post
                                i hate bosh for being secretive about the way he left. I dont think you can blame BC for not trading Bosh, most GMs with a 'superstar' wouldn't trade him if theres a chance to keep them. I don't agree with that but I'm not the GM
                                If he was loud mouthed about it. It wouldn't have happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X