No announcement yet.

Gerald Wallace to become UFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Gerald Wallace is he's on the declining part of his career and no one on the Raptors are in their prime yet. Most of our guys are probably 3-4 years from that and by that time Gerald Wallace will be retired.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

This is exactly why I am against trading the pick for any of the mentioned SF trades in here.

Comment

I'm all for a quality SF, Wallace is on the decline so I'd pass on him. Funny that peeps are bringing up Francis, I just wrote a little blurb about him the other day on my blog. What a bag of crap!
        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Francis didn't kill the Grizzlies anyway. Even if he showed up and played hard that team would have still been mismanaged.

Comment

I agree that any SF targeted should have the Raptors longer term future in mind than just the next couple seasons, but I don't think it's fair to lump Gay (26 next season), Batum (23/24), or Chandler (25) into the same 'washed up / too old' category as Wallace (30) and Iguodala (28/29). Even if you give the team another 2-3 seasons to reach potential, those players would only then be in their late 20's, and it's not as though their games are entirely predicated on speed/athleticism.

Deng is borderline due to the combination of his age (27/28), salary and, IMO, just not being as good all around as the other players on this list.

Evans is just a nutcase who should be avoided.

Comment

Working...
            X