Gerald Wallace to become UFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald Wallace to become UFA

Of the rumours out there how to people rank the possible options at shooting guard/small foward...
    • Gerald Wallace
      Rudy Gay
      Tyreke Evans
      Luol Deng
      Andre Iguodala

I realize the 'costs' for getting each player will be totally different, but regardless of how they are acquired and what the contract will be - who would you most like to see in a Raptors uniform?

GW is another good small forward. He can get rebounds and play defense. Plus, he can score as well. When he was in Portland, he was not in the right system unlike when he was playing with the Bobcats under coach Brown.

He matches with the Raps better than Gay and Iggy.

Comment

although I would love to have him here...I suspect he is opting out in order to get one last big long term contract. It makes a lot of sense for him to stay right where he is
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

He doesn't want to play in Toronto, so let it go. Dude is insanely overrated anyways.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Out of all of them, I want to see the following players in a Raptors uniform in order from "want to see" to "don't want to see":

Rudy Gay
          Andre Iguodala
          Tyreke Evans
          Luol Deng
          Gerald Wallace

I don't really want Wallace on our team mostly cuz he's way past his prime. He will still give you good defense and some scoring, but one of his greatest assets, his athleticism, is slowly degrading as he ages. That and he's a horrible influence to our youth core. He has already expressed his unwillingness to play in Toronto, so I don't want Wallace if that's what you're asking. Weirdly enough, I feel kinda bad for the Brooklyn Nets. They're most likely gonna lose both Wallace and Williams. Even from the very beginning, I always knew that the trade for Wallace was easily the stupidest trade during trade deadline.

Comment

Wallace if we must...he costs no body assets and he is opting out of about 11.5 mill. He'll probably want a 4-5 yr @ 14-15 mill per.

Comment

Gay is the only player I'm interested in from the OP's list.

As for Deng, it wasn't a rumour at all. Just a random thought by Chad Ford from an internet chat.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Out of all of them, I want to see the following players in a Raptors uniform in order from "want to see" to "don't want to see":

Rudy Gay
                Andre Iguodala
                Tyreke Evans
                Luol Deng
                Gerald Wallace

I don't really want Wallace on our team mostly cuz he's way past his prime. He will still give you good defense and some scoring, but one of his greatest assets, his athleticism, is slowly degrading as he ages. That and he's a horrible influence to our youth core. He has already expressed his unwillingness to play in Toronto, so I don't want Wallace if that's what you're asking. Weirdly enough, I feel kinda bad for the Brooklyn Nets. They're most likely gonna lose both Wallace and Williams. Even from the very beginning, I always knew that the trade for Wallace was easily the stupidest trade during trade deadline.
                Among all the teams in the NBA that has cap space, Toronto is the least attractive to players in their prime. Getting a good second tier SF is our best bet. Anyways, Colangelo has said that he always needs to slightly overpay players to come to Toronto.

So, inversing the list to

Gerald Wallace
                Luol Deng
                Tyreke Evans
                Andre Iguodala
                Rudy Gay

makes more sense for both sides.

Comment

I'd do Wallace at 8 over 4 years but again he probably isn't coming here
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

My order is:

Gay (shot creator)
                    Tyreke (shot creator)
                    Deng (ability to knock shots down)
                    Igoudala (great D)
                    Wallace (old, mega injury prone)
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Can we just offer him the vet's minimum just to mess with him a bit?

He does not want to play for Toronto.

I think the majority of fans do not want him to play for Toronto.

Comment

G. Wallace has loosing mentality, I don't want him here
                        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                          Of the rumours out there how to people rank the possible options at shooting guard/small foward...
                          • Gerald Wallace
                            Rudy Gay
                            Tyreke Evans
                            Luol Deng
                            Andre Iguodala

I realize the 'costs' for getting each player will be totally different, but regardless of how they are acquired and what the contract will be - who would you most like to see in a Raptors uniform?
                          There was a GW trade rumor a few years ago that Colangelo wanted him and GW let it be known he would not show up.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            There was a GW trade rumor a few years ago that Colangelo wanted him and GW let it be known he would not show up.
                            Doug Smith has his ear to the ground when it comes to the Raptors, and if Wallace did not want to come to Toronto, I'm sure he would have know about it. This is an assumption made by me, but with that said, in one of Doug Smith's blogs he had indicated that he'd love for Wallace to come to Toronto, and if that rumour was true I believe he would have let it be known.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...nd-mail-2.html

Q: Hi Doug! Thanks for all of your work. You provide a great insight into the world of the Raptors. So I have been a Gerald Wallace fan for years now, and THIS year he is a free agent. I believe that the addition of Wallace would be a massive upgrade over James Johnson at the Small Forward position. Wallace has all the attributes that Toronto fan favorites traditionally have. Hard nose defensive player, rebounds, hustles, blocked shots and high energy. He could be next in line after Garbojosa and Evans.

There seems to be a lot of talk about upgrading at the Point Guard for the Raptors, yet I feel as though we would get a greater bang for a buck by upgrading at the Small Forward.

Thoughts?

Cody G, Burlington

A: Oh, I’m a big Gerald Wallace fan and think he would be just the kind of guy Dwane would love and get the most out of it. Word around the league is that New Jersey is not going to let him get away but he’d have to be on the list of guys the Raptors call right off the bat.

Comment

montreal06 wrote: View Post
                              Among all the teams in the NBA that has cap space, Toronto is the least attractive to players in their prime. Getting a good second tier SF is our best bet. Anyways, Colangelo has said that he always needs to slightly overpay players to come to Toronto.

So, inversing the list to

Gerald Wallace
                              Luol Deng
                              Tyreke Evans
                              Andre Iguodala
                              Rudy Gay

makes more sense for both sides.
                              I much rather overpay a player that is hitting their prime than overpaying a player that's WAY past their prime. Gerald Wallace wouldn't even think about coming to Toronto unless we give him a huge long-term contract. I don't see the upside of wasting an insane amount of cap space for player who is slowly declining. That would just set us back even further. We're not looking for a quick fix like Wallace.

Comment

Working...
                              X