No announcement yet.

Brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree... when I went around looking for boards to join, this one was by far the best... wasn't even close. My one suggestion is that it would be nice, especially around these times to have a forum called "Trades, Rumours, Signings". Here is an example of how it is used in the Canucks forum I check out:

http://forum.canucks.com/forum/39-tr...ours-signings/

Every thread title needs to clarify what the link is for and give a link to the rumour, signing, or official trade:

[Trade] New Orleans trades Omeka and Ariza for pick and Rashard Lewis

Link

I just think it would be nice to come to one spot for all of these rumours right now.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
      Agree... when I went around looking for boards to join, this one was by far the best... wasn't even close. My one suggestion is that it would be nice, especially around these times to have a forum called "Trades, Rumours, Signings". Here is an example of how it is used in the Canucks forum I check out:

Every thread title needs to clarify what the link is for and give a link to the rumour, signing, or official trade:

Link

I just think it would be nice to come to one spot for all of these rumours right now.
      That's a great suggestion Coach. When I have some time to spare I'll look to set it up and see if it works here too.

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post

Link

I like that idea too. I'm a long-time PC guy, so I prefer more folders to better organize specific types of threads. For example, I really like the separated "Trade Proposal" forum. I could see similar separation for "Rumors & Speculation" and possibly even a folder dedicated to "Everything 2012 Draft". Separating like that would also allow for much easier referencing to historic threads (ie: if there were folders for each year's draft, folders for each season's rumors, etc...).

Comment

I've seen on other similarly styled forums the ability to "thank" or "like" a post. Is it possible to have that feature?

I hate when posts are bumped by someone just saying "+1" and no other content.
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
            I've seen on other similarly styled forums the ability to "thank" or "like" a post. Is it possible to have that feature?

Uhm. +1? :P I agree, it would be nice to have some sort of like or dislike.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'll look into it lads!

Comment

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a seperate forum for Canada Basketball stuff. I can imagine that Canada will become quite more competitive over the next few years and thought that the discussions could be contained in one place.

Anyways, just an idea...

Comment

It would be great if I never saw another trade proposal. I would like to stop any threads from that forum from coming up when I hit "What's New."

And is it possible to block individual threads?

Comment

Sorry Puffer, but I don't think a user has the ability to block a sub-forum entirely.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Sorry Puffer, but I don't think a user has the ability to block a sub-forum entirely.
                      Ah well, there are enough nuggets on this board that it's worth sifting through the dross.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post

I agree, it'd be great if we could have something like this

Comment

Working...
                        X