Anyone Interested in Brandon Roy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    look...if like three doctors will sign off saying his knees have improved, he proves it in an intense workout at the ACC with McKechnie signing off on the decision and he is willing to play restricted minutes I would gladly underpay to have him come off the bench.
    If it's basically guaranteed that he's healthy again, I'm sure some idiot GM will overpay for Roy's services. I'm not sure I'm interested in a bidding war...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If it's basically guaranteed that he's healthy again, I'm sure some idiot GM will overpay for Roy's services. I'm not sure I'm interested in a bidding war...
      when Kobe says you are toughest person in the league to guard, you know he is gonna draw some interest. Although I am not a doctor, if he could embrace a sixth man role he may yet have an okay career.

But yeah I don't want Toronto to take a chance on him.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Roy and Oden both ooze talent, but have had their careers devestated by injuries. However, I assume they will both attract quite a bit of attention in the offseason... some teams will drool over their potential and the 'what if' scenarios that would see their injury troubles suddenly disappear, while other teams will limit their playing time to coax as much mileage out of them as possible. I hope and expect BC to stay well clear of both players (and probably Green, for that matter), as he tends to shy away from anybody with an injury concern (ie: Pietrus last offseason). I could see both Roy & Oden becoming small minute backups for contenders, such as Miami, Chicago or the Lakers.

Comment

Looks like Roy has some left in the tank after all...

Brandon Roy‘s retirement from the NBA looks like it might only last one season.

The former Portland Trail Blazers All-Star is apparently headed back to the league, with a host of teams interested in acquiring his services for the 2012-013 season and beyond.

The Bulls, Mavericks, Pacers and Timberwolves are all, according to Yahoo! Sports, among the teams doing their due diligence to investigate Roy’s readiness for action.
          http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...r-brandon-roy/

Comment

Haha I like how the Wolves throw themselves in there like they're a respectable organization that could make Roy work for them.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
              Haha I like how the Wolves throw themselves in there like they're a respectable organization that could make Roy work for them.
              Well, the Wolves are improving as a team. They have a pretty bright future ahead of them. They have an All-star in Love, Rubio will only improve as the years go on as an amazing point guard, and Derrick Williams will improve in the next few years to be a capable starting forward. Chase Budinger would be a solid addition to a growing Wolves' team since there really isn't anyone they would want at the 18th spot. JJ Barea is a solid back-up point guard behind Rubio. I don't see what's wrong with them trying to add Roy to their team. It would be a solid investment for them with possible good upside.

Comment

That's all fair but Roy on that team.......I give him 3 weeks before he's injured again and done for good. Put him on the Spurs, Rockets, Suns, OKC, teams that actually know what they're doing with players and it wouldn't surprise me if he played 7 more years.

Comment

Brandon Roy has reached a verbal agreement with the Wolves, according to a member of his family.

Roy confirmed the news to Dave 'Softy' Mahler of KJR in Seattle.

Roy's agent, Greg Lawrence, confirms that the deal is worth approximately $10.4 million over two years.

"I'm excited to be back," said Roy. "I'm a T-Wolf!"

Roy came out of retirement this summer.

Via Jason Quick/Oregonian (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222098/Brandon_Roy_Reaches_Two_Year_$104M_Deal_With_Wolve s#ixzz1zrEOllni
                  risky offer but not paying too much if he can still play 25-30 minutes a game

Comment

I'd look more at total minutes with Roy. He might be able to play 25-30 minutes per game.. for 5 games before re-injuring himself. Then what? Now you're paying $5M for a guy to sit on the bench.

What's more realistic is 10-15 minutes every other game.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Working...
                    X