No announcement yet.

2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 8th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm just getting old, but since when has 22 been considered old, anyway? A 24-26 year old senior is one thing, but 22? He's still got a solid decade in front of him, in which to improve and expand his skills, before he even starts being considered a grizzled veteran! I can accept arguments why the Raptors should draft somebody else, but using age as a deterrent??? I can't get behind that argument.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Maybe I'm just getting old, but since when has 22 been considered old, anyway? A 24-26 year old senior is one thing, but 22? He's still got a solid decade in front of him, in which to improve and expand his skills, before he even starts being considered a grizzled veteran! I can accept arguments why the Raptors should draft somebody else, but using age as a deterrent??? I can't get behind that argument.
      Even if we only get 7 years out of him, where's the harm?

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        The problem with 'go big or go home' is that Lillard is not a go big type of player. He is a shoot first point guard. That is not going big, that's just going stupid. If we had to have a rookie point guard (which I don't agree with) then I'd rather have Marshall.

I'm not sure about Dion Waiters still because I think his ceiling is a great 6th man. This is not the time for the Raptors to look for a good 6th man, we have to fill our starting roster first! I'd rather draft someone who has a ceiling of a solid starter (who could also be risky and just completely flop), over a guy who might be a great 6th man some day.

Therefore my pick is Austin Rivers, even though I think he could be had later on in the draft. From what I've seen his attitude is cocky, he doesn't seem to play that much defense, but he's relentless at getting to the basket. He is what I've wanted to see DeRozan do for 3 years now. His refusal to do it is why we need Austin Rivers. Also, when your dad is Doc Rivers you must have an incredible, incredible understanding of the game.
        The common problem people have with Lillard is that he's a shoot-first point guard, so you don't know if he can run the offense well enough. However, the only reason people say that is because he had to do most of the shooting on his team since his team didn't really have any other scoring option. His passing ability is basically unknown. He could either be a rather good passer or "Bayless-like" passer. Therefore, it's a risk, but I feel like it's a risk worth taking...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          The common problem people have with Lillard is that he's a shoot-first point guard, so you don't know if he can run the offense well enough. However, the only reason people say that is because he had to do most of the shooting on his team since his team didn't really have any other scoring option. His passing ability is basically unknown. He could either be a rather good passer or "Bayless-like" passer. Therefore, it's a risk, but I feel like it's a risk worth taking...
          Although we don't necessarily know of Lillard's passing skills, we do know how careful he is with the ball.

Regardless, it seems unlikely that Lillard falls all the way to 8th.

Comment

Working...
          X