No announcement yet.

2012 Raptors Republic Mock Draft: Fan Edition - 8th Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I vote for Royce White? He's ahead of all these guys listed at the top of the page except for Waiters and Sullinger on Hollinger's Big Board per rater.
    Last edited by stretch; Tue Jun 19, 2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

I took Rivers, He will be one of the late lotto picks that surprise everyone in a few years.

The other reason is because I have a strong feeling there is a trade going on between ther Raptors and Pheonix.
      The trade would involve our pick8 (waiters ) and ttheir pick13 (rivers). Also probably involving steve Nash(sign and trade) and Calderon( 1 year Pg rental/trade chip and cap flex)

This is based only on my opinion but it just seems to ironic that they both have a draft promise and both phoenix and toronto were linked to these promises.

Id be happy with Waiters but i want *** RIVERS*** (this kid will be a solid pro)

Comment

I voted for Lillard, but seriously doubt he will wind up being available to the Raptors @ #8. Here's hoping!

Comment

I have been on the Lillard wagon for about a month now (once the lottery shook out) and we might get him the way the rumors are flying. I was also a Kemba proponent (admit after Kanter) and I believe DL is better....both with take charge personalities and humble at the same time. He fills a need and probably the bpa at #8.

Comment

If Lillard is on the board, I'd be pretty surprised if the Raps passed on him. If the team is too young already, then getting a guy who's turning 22 in July wouldn't be that much of a deterrent.. at the same time they are looking for a guy who can score, and are looking for a young PG.. if we can't get a SF here (ie, Barnes does not fall) you go after Lillard and hope he works out.

Comment

Lilliard. Get the QB of the future who can be mentored by the QB of the present. I like Bayless but I think his best spot is as a 6th man.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                I took Rivers, He will be one of the late lotto picks that surprise everyone in a few years.

The other reason is because I have a strong feeling there is a trade going on between ther Raptors and Pheonix.
                The trade would involve our pick8 (waiters ) and ttheir pick13 (rivers). Also probably involving steve Nash(sign and trade) and Calderon( 1 year Pg rental/trade chip and cap flex)

This is based only on my opinion but it just seems to ironic that they both have a draft promise and both phoenix and toronto were linked to these promises.

Id be happy with Waiters but i want *** RIVERS*** (this kid will be a solid pro)
                +1 wow, that would be amazing. I vote for this plan. Also, I have a hunch that Austin Rivers will have a better career than Lillard in the nba.. Its going to be a close one because Lillard is one heck of a player.
                Last edited by Ambidextrious; Tue Jun 19, 2012, 05:06 PM.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post

Actually kind of makes sense, assuming Nash has decided he wants to sign with Toronto. From Toronto's perspective, it would be a great deal in that it preserves the full approx. $12M in cap space, to pursue additional trades/signings this offseason. Rivers would give Toronto a backup SG / 6th-man sparkplug (Barbosa 2.0), who could also push DD to SF in a smaller lineup.

Toronto would still need to upgrade the starting SF position and find a backup PG, but they'd still have tradeable assets (ie: Bayless S&T, Amir/Davis, JJ, Forbes) and loads of cap space. Plus, they could draft or trade their two 2nd round picks, as additional assets.

Comment

I pick Austin Rivers, i just have a feeling he's gonna be real good. He's not scared of taking big shots and he could give the raptors that added swagger. That said, would there be a chance pj3 falls to our laps on the 2nd round?

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                      That said, would there be a chance pj3 falls to our laps on the 2nd round?
                      Not a chance. The high risk side will scare away many lottery teams, but his upside will be really appealing to playoff teams who can afford to swing for the fences.

Comment

1. Davis - NO
                        2. Beal - Charlotte
                        3. MKG - Washington
                        4. Barnes - Cleveland
                        5. P. Jones - Sacramento
                        6. Drummond - Portland
                        7. Marshall - Golden State

If Marshall is still there - to which I voted as such - BC will be stuck between choosing potential, and keeping his job. Marshall is potential - IMO. He could fit right in with Jose. Learn the ropes. Minimal pressure at first. Give Jose some extra time - a little less demanding per game. BC could then fill the SF spot with a veteran, who's young enough, and with game. Either through a trade or free agency. Could be potential in the making.

However, since I've already tagged Kendall as GSW's property, I'm betting Raptors choose Lillard, despite how Waiters is being touted - albeit, he is an interesting prospect. I don't think BC has time for Dion. To me, DW is too much SG - not enough passer.

Revised Picks:
                        1. Davis - NO
                        2. Beal - Charlotte
                        3. MKG - Washington
                        4. Barnes - Cleveland
                        5. P. Jones - Sacramento
                        6. Drummond - Portland
                        7. Marshall - Golden State - potential at the PG spot
                        8. Toronto - Damian Lillard

With Lillard, things can change in a very positive way.
                        • Damian Lillard can bring extra scoring, plus 3 point spacing. He averaged 3 - Three pointers per game
                        • Lillard is a quasi PG with a SG's touch. He'll bring another ball-handler to the court - should Jose double up with DL.
                        • Raptors need to get to the line more often - Damian could help with that (8.0 FTA). And a 88.7% average.
                        • Add Bargnani at the perimeter - really spacing the floor - and the inside lanes will encourage more in-the-paint scoring.
                        • Gives a hopefully stronger Demar - at the SF spot - a better match-up opportunity, and greater ability to attack.
                        • Jonas will benefit
                        • As Lillard provides an improved perimeter presence - Andrea will see benefits as well. He'll either bring out a Big to the perimeter, or be more apt to break down his defender.
                        • Jose could play 28 - 30 minutes, giving his body a chance to maintain itself. Maybe even missed a few games (for a bad cough), while Lillard tries out a Start. And if the future works well, roles could change between these 2 guys.
                        • Amir would have more room to maneuver

All in all, I believe Raptors could surprise people this year. Improving their 3 point shooting, getting to the line more, and Casey having a true Camp ...... these 3 factors - if successful - could surprise us with their results. Taking a chance on a PG like Lillard, with great potential, is something Toronto has to consider. BC can secure the ship with a good SF signing, along with adding a true Big (back-up).

Comment

I'm taking these three. In order.

1. Damian Lillard
                          2. Austin Rivers
                          3. Perry Jones III

Go Big or Go Home as I've stated all season.

I think bringing in a more mature character like Rivers or Lillard adds character overall to the team. Two very confident in their abilities. Austin Rivers' skill level is a pure upgrade to Forbes, and his overall skill is better than Demar's with the ball-handling, and the outside shooting.

Lillard is within' the mold of today's best point guards, and his worst potential is a player we already have, who is actually solid. Thus considering him to be not just a big pick, but a safe pick.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Lillard or Waiters
                            Agreed. Rivers is very unlikely to be a very good NBA player, and I'm meh on Lamb. Even Waiters doesn't really fill me with confidence. There so many interesting players lower in the draft like Will Barton or Jae Crowder, that if we don't get Lillard I'd rather trade down, with Waiters being the only other option I'd be OK, but not thrilled, with keeping.

If Lillard is on the board at 8, we grab him.

Comment

1. Rivers
                              2. Lillard
                              3. Waiters
                              4. PJ3 (as a SF)
                              5. Lamb
                              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I say PJ3 or Lilard. If Lilard passes portland, he's ours. If not, take PJ3.

Also, i think of the top 6, barnes will most likely fall. Unfortunately he will fall right to golden state who is also in need of a SF.

Comment

Working...
                                X