X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Sullinger Medically Red Flagged

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...er-sources-say

Thoughts?

Honestly not surprised considering his leg length issues and weight.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hopefully we can grab him with one of the second round picks!

Comment

Not a huge fan of Sullinger, but this would be an awful feeling for someone that has worked their whole life for this opportunity. Feel for the guy. Saw a tweet from Kendall Marshall:

Kendall Marshall: Not even worried about the bro @Jared Sullinger. There were "red flags" about Dejuan Blair cuz he had NO acl's. he seems to be doing just fine. Twitter
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

The Coach wrote: View Post
          Not a huge fan of Sullinger, but this would be an awful feeling for someone that has worked their whole life for this opportunity. Feel for the guy. Saw a tweet from Kendall Marshall:
          yes poor kid. going to cost him millions. give him something to prove too.

Comment

I feel sorry for the guy. He's a good player! I bet he comes back to prove people wrong, but I'm glad it won't be with our eighth pick

Comment

I feel bad for him. Going from potential Number 1 pick last year to maybe not even first round.

Comment

There's nothing to feel bad for him about...one way or another, the dude's going to play basketball for a living for a few years.

Comment

So if BC can't make a deal to move the pick for an established player which seems to be his first choice and if Barnes is off the board, and Sullinger is red flagged, does Henson become the best player available?

Comment

Just imagine being Sullinger, ugh, I really feel for him. I don't think it changes the top 10 landscape too much. NBAdraft.net had him going 14th, now I'm sure that's going to change, but I don't think it effects how the Raps were going to pick. I'll say this, if he's around in the early 2nd round he'll be the steal of the draft. I wish the best for that guy.
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

wonder how he feels about sticking around OSU now. If he is available in the second round that would be huge...still has the gifts to be a solid pro

Comment

This might actually work in Sullinger's favor. Worst case cenario is he falls to the late teens or early 20s and ends up with a great team like Boston or Dallas. What you don't want is him going to a team that's a player developement dark hole like Sacrememnto or Milwuakee. Sullinger and Barnes have perhaps the most polished offensive games in the draft, plus Jared's an excellent rebounder. He'll be ready to contribute right away. If given the minutes, I can see him averaging 11 and 6 in a reserve role for a playoff team. While he's a defensive liability and a health risk, I don't think anybody will deny that he's a top 8 talent. One of the highest floors in the draft, and he's definately a risk worth taking at any position after 7 or 8.

Comment

"He had a bulging area that was due to his hamstring and quads being so tight," Satch Sullinger told ESPN.com senior college basketball writer Andy Katz in a phone call Monday afternoon. "It pulled on his hip flexor and he's been taking care of it to loosen it. You can call it a red flag if you want. But it's tight hamstring and tight quads. He's been to doctors, he's doing yoga and deep tissue massage. The flexibility is helping take the pressure off the area.

"We've got nothing to hide. At this stage it's all about what they can't do. Jared is a skilled player. A two-time All-American. He can play."

Sounds like a load of nothing to me.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            So if BC can't make a deal to move the pick for an established player which seems to be his first choice and if Barnes is off the board, and Sullinger is red flagged, does Henson become the best player available?
                            Uh, no.

Comment

at no point is henson the best player available
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X