No announcement yet.

Veterans Who Could Be Ousted Because of the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who / what has determined that a guy who was his college team's 6th man is a star in the making? Whille the argument could be made that any player drafted before #15 has potential , the reality is most don't. DD would be a senior this year if he had stayed. PLaying againist MEN . growth takes time. I think improvement defensively should be his major focus, also improving his rebound ave by 2-3 more per game would be more than enough to make him a valuable asset to the rebuild. Don't give into hype so easily.

Comment

All players coming in have to earn their way. If Waiters/Rivers/Lillard are drafted, and Valanciunas arrives, they aren't going start right away in DC's system, you're gonna have to earn those minutes. Demar Derozan wasn't horrible in playing the 3 position, his only real question was on defense when there are guys much much stronger than he is...

Full Training Camp, Summer League, USA Select Team, Workout sessions with DC. THAN, we'll see. I don't think DC is going to want Demar to go anyways, he has some type of involvement in terms of players on his roster with BC. Remember, DC was very high on Demar before the season started, and still remained faithful in him. Plus, his teammates near the end of the season were pleased with Demar...

There are going to be people by side to vouch for him, and only going into his 4th year, I'm not too worried about him going anywhere...
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

2 Things that may affect Demar:
        1. Full training camp under coach Casey (& hopefully some muscle during the summer);
        2. Training camp with select team might "rub off" (what it takes to be best) & improve his confidence & agresiveness.
        -in 3 plus years he has given zero indication that he does not like Toronto.
        Why would we do anything but support him & give him an opportunity to excell???????????????

Comment

I can't give up on DeMar just yet. He was horrible at the start of last season, but he gradually improved in several aspects of his game, including passing.

Keep in mind, DeMar got most of his points in halfcourt situations this year, as opposed to Jay Triano's when everything was fastbreak points. The Raptors admitted they did not run too much last season, but they are looking forward to do it next year.

I think he did fine, although his efficiency numbers were down, and awful. But really, if you have a line-up of Jose, DeMar, James Johnson, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson, who do you really have left to score?

Defenses did not respect the rest of the Raps. For one, they were barely a threat to score, unless it's a dump off around the basket. Naturally, they will overload on DeMar, seeing he is the only threat to score.

It took a while for him to adjust to a new offense, one that is predicated on halfcourt execution, executing it with below average NBA players for the most part, having someone like GARY FORBES run the point, the 2 D-leaguers, Aaron Gray, Jamal Magloire & James Johnson.

We need talent. We got more problems than getting rid of one of the few capable players on the roster. I do believe in stats, and I have done a lot of metric analysis. But somehow, I can't give up on the guy, because he does bring a lot to the table in terms of mid-range game, post play, fast break scoring, shooting in traffic and getting to the free throw line.

For all the talk that DeMar has to improve, other players NEED to step it up, so defenses can you know, actually respect their offense.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
            I can't give up on DeMar just yet. He was horrible at the start of last season, but he gradually improved in several aspects of his game, including passing.

Keep in mind, DeMar got most of his points in halfcourt situations this year, as opposed to Jay Triano's when everything was fastbreak points. The Raptors admitted they did not run too much last season, but they are looking forward to do it next year.

I think he did fine, although his efficiency numbers were down, and awful. But really, if you have a line-up of Jose, DeMar, James Johnson, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson, who do you really have left to score?

Defenses did not respect the rest of the Raps. For one, they were barely a threat to score, unless it's a dump off around the basket. Naturally, they will overload on DeMar, seeing he is the only threat to score.

It took a while for him to adjust to a new offense, one that is predicated on halfcourt execution, executing it with below average NBA players for the most part, having someone like GARY FORBES run the point, the 2 D-leaguers, Aaron Gray, Jamal Magloire & James Johnson.

We need talent. We got more problems than getting rid of one of the few capable players on the roster. I do believe in stats, and I have done a lot of metric analysis. But somehow, I can't give up on the guy, because he does bring a lot to the table in terms of mid-range game, post play, fast break scoring, shooting in traffic and getting to the free throw line.

For all the talk that DeMar has to improve, other players NEED to step it up, so defenses can you know, actually respect their offense.
            +1 Totally forgot about the offensive system. I totally agree with you. Demar has been affected with a lot of things last season, but I thought he's done a really nice job. A diamond in the rough so to speak.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
            X