Trade effects Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If Drummond is available, YOU TAKE HIM AND YOU TRADE HIM. Why would you keep him anyway? Here we have a potential Kwame Brown in the making; and you're going to keep him?

Trade him, have another team play him, watch him develop. If he's good, pout, complain, demand BC's firing, and move on to the next one.

Seems that no matter how it goes the last sentence is the likely outcome.
    I was going to point out Indiana's Center, but then I read your last sentence and realized, "your damned if you do..."

Comment

What are the odds of Drummond actually developing in a situation where he's basically guaranteed nothing but garbage minutes (with Bargnani and Jonas firmly etched into our starting front court)?

I don't see the point of drafting a kid as raw as Drummond if we don't have a 2-3 year development plan for him...which includes a lot of "trial by fire". Just ask Alabi how hard it is to crack a rotation with the front court already set in stone.

Comment

Alabi was 5 years older than Drummond when we got him so I'm not sure he's a good example. Both Darko and Kwame are still in the NBA. Big athletic 5s have value even if they don't develop. The younger the better. If we draft him and he shows signs of developing we move Bargs, Ed, or Amir...if he doesn't develop we move him for an asset. If our choice pick is up AND Drummond do we take him? No way, but there is value in taking him.

Comment

I'm not sure if the age difference between Alabi and Drummond is relevant in this comparison. Both theoretically need a lot minutes to improve, without those minutes being available.

Comment

For development purposes you're right. But for value to other teams, if they think we just handled him wrong I think age matters. It gives them more time.

Comment

This is only based on rumors that I've read on RealGM, but I think that there is possibility that MKG and Barnes might drop in the draft. It's been rumored that Cleveland is thinking long and hard about drafting Waiter at the 4th spot. This could only mean that Cleveland isn't successful in swapping picks with Charlotte, so the Bobcats will keep the second pick. Also, it's been rumored that Sacremento is leaning towards picking Drummond Over Barnes. With all this taken into consideration along with the assumption that Charlotte will draft Thomas Robinson and the assumption that no draft trade happens involving the top 8, it's possible that the following mock draft might happen:

New Orleans: Anthony Davis (Obvious #1 pick)
              Charlotte: Thomas Robinson (The need a solid athletic big to score and get rebounds)
              Washington: Bradley Beal (The only starting position they need to fill is SG and Beal is the best SG in the draft)
              Cleveland: Dion Waiter (Cavs seem to really want a SG. AP did retire yesterday)
              Sacramento: Andre Drummond (Sacramento is very high on Drummond probably to put him next to Cousins)
              Portland: Damian Lillard (Portland needs a PG since Felton has failed to impress last season)
              Golden State: MKG/Barnes (GS needs a SF just like us)
              Toronto: Barnes/MKG (We desperately need a starting SF)

Not saying that this will happen, but it's definitely a possibility.

Comment

Guys, a lil bit off topic. Will I be able to see drafts on nba channel, and on which time (your timezone). Thanks in advance I know I'm lazy ass, but maybe for some of you it's easy to answer such information
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  Guys, a lil bit off topic. Will I be able to see drafts on nba channel, and on which time (your timezone). Thanks in advance I know I'm lazy ass, but maybe for some of you it's easy to answer such information
                  In the US it is on ESPN.

In Canada it is on TSN.

I think your best bet is to find a live stream. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get one other than search on google.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    In the US it is on ESPN.

In Canada it is on TSN.

I think your best bet is to find a live stream. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get one other than search on google.
                    Thanks, this helped me out

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                      Thanks, this helped me out
                      I'm not 100% sure but atdhe(dot)eu might have a live stream of the draft.

Comment

Really high probability with so many streams, thanks!

Comment

Looks like Rockets might move up to #5 (if the Kings don't get T-Rob):
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ck-sources-say

That would put Drummond at #5.. better chance of us getting Lillard or Waiters or even Barnes :-)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Looks like Rockets might move up to #5 (if the Kings don't get T-Rob):
                            http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...ck-sources-say

That would put Drummond at #5.. better chance of us getting Lillard or Waiters or even Barnes :-)
                            So if that were to go through, the top-7 might look like this:

1 - Davis
                            2 - Robinson
                            3 - Beal
                            4 - MKG/Barnes
                            5 - Drummond
                            6 - Lillard
                            7 - Waiters or Barnes/MKG
                            8 - Barnes or MKG or Waiters

I think Raptors fans would have to be quite heavily in support of that rumored Houston/Sacramento deal, regardless of which player falls to #8 (Barnes hopefully, IMO).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

1 - Davis
                              2 - Robinson
                              3 - Beal
                              4 - MKG/Barnes
                              5 - Drummond
                              6 - Lillard

I think Raptors fans would have to be quite heavily in support of that rumored Houston/Sacramento deal, regardless of which player falls to #8 (Barnes hopefully, IMO).
                              MKG and Robinson need to be off the board at 5.

Jordan can cure a lot of ills with me if he takes Robinson at 2 with Beal and MKG going 3/4.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

1 - Davis
                                2 - Robinson
                                3 - Beal
                                4 - MKG/Barnes
                                5 - Drummond
                                6 - Lillard

Right.. if Houston gets #5 and picks Drummond.. Portland will most likely take Lillard since Drummond would be off the board. That kind of blows for us.. I'd much rather have Lillard over Waiters. Hopefully Barnes falls to us in that scenario.

My preference for #8 with a dash of reality thrown in is:

1. MKG
                                2. Barnes
                                3. Lillard
                                4. Waiters

After that, I'd be okay if we traded it.. I'll probably puke if we drafted either Drummond or Rivers and kept the pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X