Trade effects Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Kings won't decide whether to do deal w/Rockets until draft starts but sources say they'd be walking away from "a lot" if they pass
    IT would be nice to know what they are offering.

Maybe that offer goes to Toronto if Drummond is there at 8?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      MKG and Robinson need to be off the board at 5.

Jordan can cure a lot of ills with me if he takes Robinson at 2 with Beal and MKG going 3/4.
      Agreed. And it would be good karma for not tanking outright!

Based on everything I'm hearing, unless the Cha/Cle trade goes down, the top-4 seems like it would go Davis, Robinson, Beal and MKG. That would open the door to Drummond, Lillard and Waiters going 5-7, after the Sac/Hou trade goes down. And then Mr. Barnes would be sitting in BC's lap!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        This is only based on rumors that I've read on RealGM, but I think that there is possibility that MKG and Barnes might drop in the draft. It's been rumored that Cleveland is thinking long and hard about drafting Waiter at the 4th spot. This could only mean that Cleveland isn't successful in swapping picks with Charlotte, so the Bobcats will keep the second pick. Also, it's been rumored that Sacremento is leaning towards picking Drummond Over Barnes. With all this taken into consideration along with the assumption that Charlotte will draft Thomas Robinson and the assumption that no draft trade happens involving the top 8, it's possible that the following mock draft might happen:

New Orleans: Anthony Davis (Obvious #1 pick)
        Charlotte: Thomas Robinson (The need a solid athletic big to score and get rebounds)
        Washington: Bradley Beal (The only starting position they need to fill is SG and Beal is the best SG in the draft)
        Cleveland: Dion Waiter (Cavs seem to really want a SG. AP did retire yesterday)
        Sacramento: Andre Drummond (Sacramento is very high on Drummond probably to put him next to Cousins)
        Portland: Damian Lillard (Portland needs a PG since Felton has failed to impress last season)
        Golden State: MKG/Barnes (GS needs a SF just like us)
        Toronto: Barnes/MKG (We desperately need a starting SF)

Not saying that this will happen, but it's definitely a possibility.
        The only problem with this scenario is that all the other teams have to draft for need then, which virtually everyone acknowledges is not the best way to deal with the draft.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          MKG and Robinson need to be off the board at 5.

Jordan can cure a lot of ills with me if he takes Robinson at 2 with Beal and MKG going 3/4.
          Part of me is even hoping that Memphis wants Barnes at #8 as an offensive-minded SF replacement for Gay, should they trade him... Barnes & Davis & JJ for Gay & #25... draft day dreaming...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Part of me is even hoping that Memphis wants Barnes at #8 as an offensive-minded SF replacement for Gay, should they trade him... Barnes & Davis & JJ for Gay & #25... draft day dreaming...
            I am 50/50 on that - surprisingly.

Too many thoughts going on in my head to figure out the pro's and con's of each so I have copped out.

Comment

Why would you want Gay if we're in position to draft Barnes? 3 weeks ago, if someone told me that Barnes would be available tonight for us at #8, I'd be doing drunken back flips.

Comment

What a waste of money and assets.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  Why would you want Gay if we're in position to draft Barnes? 3 weeks ago, if someone told me that Barnes would be available tonight for us at #8, I'd be doing drunken back flips.
                  lol I'm torn. Barnes has been my 2nd favourite prospect behind Beal since the NCAA tourney (even with his awful showing). But I also really like Gay as my top trade target for upgrading the very same SF position. And with all the cap space and 2nd stringers under contract, something's gotta give... If I were BC, I'd just draft BPA (in this case Barnes) and figure out trades after the draft. Besides, doing it that way gives us more time to talk about more "what if" scenarios! lol

Comment

lol I'm torn. Barnes has been my 2nd favourite prospect behind Beal since the NCAA tourney (even with his awful showing). But I also really like Gay as my top trade target for upgrading the very same SF position. And with all the cap space and 2nd stringers under contract, something's gotta give... If I were BC, I'd just draft BPA (in this case Barnes) and figure out trades after the draft. Besides, doing it that way gives us more time to talk about more "what if" scenarios! lol
                    We've been opening pining for a scoring SF for quite some time and we could be in a position to get a bigtime one night via the draft. Just accept it.

Comment

• If we do end up getting Barnes, we'll all (well, most of us) will be happy campers. A legit 6'8", true SF, 2nd best athlete at the combine and a big time scorer? It's almost too good to be true if he lands in our laps. Let's hope Colangelo does the right thing and selects him if he's available.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        We've been opening pining for a scoring SF for quite some time and we could be in a position to get a bigtime one night via the draft. Just accept it.
                        I would be thrilled if the Raps landed Barnes. As I said, after Beal, he's been the guy I've been most interested in drafting.

Doing so would certainly open the floodgates for speculation on subsequent moves. I would think that at least 1 PF (Amir/Davis) and at least 1 SF (likely JJ) would have to go, since there just wouldn't be sufficient playing time for all the players currently under contract. Regardless whether Calderon or Nash is the starting PG, there would still be holes to fill at SG (starting or backup) and backup PG. BC would have assets and cap space at his disposal.

Comment

• Mango - you make a lot of good points. As I said, I'm 50/50 on it which is a long way from the 100% gun-ho I was about Gay in the VERY recent past.

I agree with all your points for Barnes.

My counter 50% is saying: Barnes is far from a sure thing. With Gay you know what you are going to get which is exactly what Toronto needs (albeit at a premium in terms of his contract).

Also, what other moves are the Raptors able to make should they keep #8? I'm not a fan of rounding out the roster in free agency unless it is a sign and trade. As has been mentioned numerous times elsewhere on the forums doing so means the loss of Bird Rights and exceptions.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            In the US it is on ESPN.

In Canada it is on TSN.

I think your best bet is to find a live stream. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get one other than search on google.
                            Cough, cough, www dot thefirstrow dot eu.

You did not hear this from me...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Mango - you make a lot of good points. As I said, I'm 50/50 on it which is a long way from the 100% gun-ho I was about Gay in the VERY recent past.

I agree with all your points for Barnes.

My counter 50% is saying: Barnes is far from a sure thing. With Gay you know what you are going to get which is exactly what Toronto needs (albeit at a premium in terms of his contract).

Also, what other moves are the Raptors able to make should they keep #8? I'm not a fan of rounding out the roster in free agency unless it is a sign and trade. As has been mentioned numerous times elsewhere on the forums doing so means the loss of Bird Rights and exceptions.
                              I feel you, Matt. I get what you're saying, but I'd hate to trade Barnes (along with other assets) to acquire Gay only to know that they're roughly the same player in 2 years.

Comment

• Looks like it comes down to Barnes and Drummond. Basically our best case or worst case. Let's hope this coin flip won't haunt us.

Comment

Working...
                                X