PJ III = Charlie V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ III = Charlie V?

While some people on the board are high on PJ III, I just have this feeling that he will be Charlie V II.

I think that Quincy Miller will be the stud SF to come out of Baylor. He is still just gaining confidence from his ACL surgery...it can take time to feel 100% comfortable in your mind. Mo Harkless has gotten some hype, but I think Miller will be the better pro.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

For what it's worth, there was a rumor on CNNSI that had the Lakers interested in both Baylor players. It said the Lakers were exploring the possibility of acquiring a 1st round pick to grab one of them.

I think PJIII could become one of the best players from the draft, or could be a total bust. His lack of effort and the fact he's an athletic, oversized SF is eerily similar to Beasley.

As for Miller, I think the injury history is the big red flag. He would have been better off staying in school for another year to prove that he was over the injury and that he could dominate the NCAA game... he could've guaranteed his place as a top-10 lottery pick next year. Or he could have blown out his knee and ended his career... that's the risk that has teams dropping him to the early second round (per some mocks).
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 21, 2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I don't know. Charlie had all the talent ready to make an impact right away and did. He didn't have any heart and this led to him being a fairly unreliable player.

PJ has the heart but he doesn't have the polish to make an impact right away and maybe never will. This will lead to him being an very unreliable player.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        I don't know. Charlie had all the talent ready to make an impact right away and did. He didn't have any heart and this led to him being a fairly unreliable player.

PJ has the heart but he doesn't have the polish to make an impact right away and maybe never will. This will lead to him being an very unreliable player.
        I've seen his heart questioned in many profiles and articles...
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          This is what made me think of the comparison.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            For what it's worth, there was a rumor on CNNSI that had the Lakers interested in both Baylor players. It said the Lakers were exploring the possibility of acquiring a 1st round pick to grab one of them.

I think PJIII could become one of the best players from the draft, or could be a total bust. His lack of effort and the fact he's an athletic, oversized SF is eerily similar to Beasley.

As for Miller, I think the injury history is the big red flag. He would have been better off staying in school for another year to prove that he was over the injury and that he could dominate the NCAA game... he could've guaranteed his place as a top-10 lottery pick next year. Or he could have blown out his knee and ended his career... that's the risk that has teams dropping him to the early second round (per some mocks).
            From what I know he has had one injury, and it does take time to mentally get back to 100%. I see him as a 3 and only a 3, and I like that more than some of the other combo forwards out there....
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

This symbol '+' means add ... putting PJ3 and Charlie V together ... maybe you need an '=' and then a '?'

He's way more athletic than Charlie the chub, and bigger ... not as nice of a stroke right now.
              But I guess there could be some similarities ... tweener forward with questionable motor?
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Alright, so PJ is raw and has no heart... Let's draft him!

Seriously though, he's not like Charlie V. Charlie V as a rookie was more like Odom as a rookie. A much, much more polished, NBA ready player. PJ is more like Anthony Randolph in terms of where his abilities are right now.

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                This symbol '+' means add ... putting PJ3 and Charlie V together ... maybe you need an '=' and then a '?'

He's way more athletic than Charlie the chub, and bigger ... not as nice of a stroke right now.
                But I guess there could be some similarities ... tweener forward with questionable motor?
                Noted.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post

It was supposed to be an = sign, I hit the shift key instead.... thanks for fixing it.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No chance does Jones come in and put up the rookie numbers that Villenueva did. It's going to take a year for him to learn to play on the perimeter, and probably another year after that to get a solid shot and put it all together, if he ever does. I think he's got tremendous upside, but having a steep learning curve plus potential effort issues are a dangerous combination. Does he have what it takes to put up with re-learning the game for a year or two with little court-time/results to show for it? Could he handle a stint in the d-league, or would that make him completely lose any passion for the game? I think that with all he's been through, he's a character guy who I'd like to see succeed in the NBA. But I'm reluctant for Toronto to be the one to take a chance on him.

Comment

I think he's a long term project like Bargnani. Lots of ups and downs after a slow start.

Comment

watched his interview he doesn't see himself as a three
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

He sees himself as a PF? That's really interesting. I would have assumed that he (or his agent at least), would prefer to market himself as a SF, as the modern NBA seems to have a love affair with ball-handling wings.

Comment

That's interesting because just a few weeks ago, he said he DOES see himself as a 3.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              That's interesting because just a few weeks ago, he said he DOES see himself as a 3.
                              perhaps he should be red flagged for his vision issues

Comment

Working...
                              X