The Future of SF for Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of SF for Raptors

Trade up and get MKG, Trade for Igoudala/Gay/Deng.

These are two options being discussed in association with the hole at the SF position the Raptors franchise currently has.

At first glance, a lineup of val/Bargs/EliteSF/DeRozan/Lowry looks promising, It is actually the wrong direction for the franchise.

Lets take a look at what is needed for this
    Raps trade:Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan , 8th pick
    Raps Recieve: Kyle Lowry, Iggy/Gay/Deng

At first, I, like many raptors fans, thought it looked great , but it would be a terrible direction to go in. This lineup cannot contend for a championship, and the raptors would be foolish to throw away rebuilding pieces to get these players.

So after thinking long and hard, I have come up with the solution. Little do you know, a franchise SF awaits as an Unrestricted free agent. His name is Devin Ebanks. Now I know what youre thinking. Hes not a franchise SF. I beg to differ. He didn't get much playing time last season for the lakers , but when he did, he was extremely efficient, posting a efficiency rating of +5. Devin shot 48% when he started, and is only 22 years old. I believe this is a great and cheap route for the raptors to head.

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    Trade up and get MKG, Trade for Igoudala/Gay/Deng.

These are two options being discussed in association with the hole at the SF position the Raptors franchise currently has.

At first glance, a lineup of val/Bargs/EliteSF/DeRozan/Lowry looks promising, It is actually the wrong direction for the franchise.

Lets take a look at what is needed for this
    Raps trade:Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, DeMar DeRozan , 8th pick
    Raps Recieve: Kyle Lowry, Iggy/Gay/Deng

At first, I, like many raptors fans, thought it looked great , but it would be a terrible direction to go in. This lineup cannot contend for a championship, and the raptors would be foolish to throw away rebuilding pieces to get these players.

So after thinking long and hard, I have come up with the solution. Little do you know, a franchise SF awaits as an Unrestricted free agent. His name is Devin Ebanks. Now I know what youre thinking. Hes not a franchise SF. I beg to differ. He didn't get much playing time last season for the lakers , but when he did, he was extremely efficient, posting a efficiency rating of +5. Devin shot 48% when he started, and is only 22 years old. I believe this is a great and cheap route for the raptors to head.
    This is wrong. Demar Derozan is not the talent Iguodala or Gay is. Kyle Lowry is in the prime of his career right now and is only going to get better, the guy can play.

I don't think that you fully understand. Rudy Gay and Kyle Lowry are still very young players, with quite a bit of ceiling left. These are two players the franchise can build with down the road for 5-6 years. This is an elite team in terms of talent. Derozan could turn out to be better than Iggy or Gay, but Iggy and Gay have proven to be VERY good players in this league. All-star level actually, and I can see them winning further all-star selections. Jose is turning 30, and even though he is a great point-guard and good raptor, there was a thread talking about Jose's history of injuries, and with the guy becoming an official veteran, things are risky moving forward with him at the point.

Devin Ebanks, sure he could be a good solid rotational player, but he is not Rudy Gay or Iguodala, HELL he's not Demar Derozan...

This team is MUCH better now, AND down the road with Lowry/(Free Agent/receiving shooting guard)/Rudy Gay/Andrea Bargnani/Jonas Valanciunas.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Toronto needs to Draft Harkless at 16, who is a guy that i think is possibly one of the biggest sleepers in the draft. We should keep James Johnson as our Starting SF because he is still young and I think a lot of people underestimate him and his potential. We don't need to do a blockbuster trade to get a Rudy Gay or Igoudala those guys aren't worth the parts it takes to make the trade happen. The one trade we should be making is our 8th pick to Houston for Lowry and the 16th pick. That would make this team way better.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
      X