Nash or Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nash.

It may be short term, but he would speed up the development of JV.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      my heart say Nash but my head says Lowry
      Agreed. The business man in me can't help but drool over the marketing potential of "Captain Canada" suiting up for the Raptors, to become the full fledged face of basketball in Canada (Raptors & Canadian National Team). Ticket and merchandise sales would also likely soar, as a result of Nash signing in Toronto. I agree with Mango that Nash would also provide the team with American credability and increase their chances of luring free agents north of the border. I suppose my heart says Nash and my head is divided...

I wonder if a Nash/Lowry PG tandem would work, especially if Nash might play reduced minutes, in order to preserve his body to be at near 100% for the entire duration of the 3-year contract. Would Lowry be happy as PG # 1b?

Comment

Kyle Lowry. Nash is 12 years older than Lowry. Lowry is a way better defender. He would fit right in, on how Casey wants to pressure the ball next year. It would be very interested to see how are defense is when it's not built to protect are Point Guard.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          Nash. He doesn't have the defensive pedigree like Lowry, but I guarantee you signing a big star like Nash will make a lot of other stars stand up and take notice. They might give Toronto a longer look next time. You might have guys wanting to play in Toronto because of Nash.
          That's an interesting point you've made, but whom has Nash attracted to Phoenix other than an aging Hill and and even older Shaq?

Even without Nash we were able to some aging players that came here for the money Olajuowan (?), J.O. etc..

Comment

I come late to the thread which has covered some very good points. I would add one other for Nash: He could also be a long term employee with the Raptors possibly taking over from BC as GM. He will be getting some action in that position, somewhat, with the national team.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              That's an interesting point you've made, but whom has Nash attracted to Phoenix other than an aging Hill and and even older Shaq?

Even without Nash we were able to some aging players that came here for the money Olajuowan (?), J.O. etc..
              Attracting someone includes another important element...ownership, one that is willing to spend the money. The ownership in PHX is notorious for not.

Comment

My pick provided we're giving up the exact same to acquire said player would be for Nash as he makes us much better instantly, however if it comes down to what would be required to get either player I would say Lowry as Nash will likely cost us more.

I'm starting to get a little disinchanted with Nash actually (sacreligous I know). He seems to be after personal gain rather than chasing a championship. That's the same as Calderon saying he'd play back up to Ford or Jack for the "good of the team". Where's your competetive spark? You should want to win if you're a competitor. Nash, seemingly just wants to set himself up for the future it would seem.

Comment

Nash. Then draft Kendall Marshall.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Why would Nash ever play for Toronto?... because he is Canadian. Nash only has a couple of year's left in the league and wants to win a title... he is not going to play for the Raptors...EVER.

Comment

Nash. The Raptors have never even had a chance to land a player of his calibre in free agency. Even in his late 30s, he is one of the most efficient, effective PGs in the NBA. Look at how far he dragged a very poor Phoenix roster last year. Not only is Lowry not as good a player, he costs you assets other than money. Assets that could better be spent elsewhere. I have a hard time fathoming how Lowry is ahead in this poll....

Comment

I agree with some other people on here that my heart says Nash but it would be to the Raptor's advantage to sign Lowry as he is much younger and plays better defense and he could grow with the younger players that the Raptor's have. He is 12 years younger then Nash that has got to say something!!! Lowry would be a great addition to the Raptor's!!

Comment

On the surface I'd say Lowry.

However, thinking about it more, Lowry is going to cost the #8. If you are only getting back one of the picks (14/16), I think Nash might be the better option.

He'd give you 2 years to figure out a replacement. The Raptors could even draft that replacement at 8 with Lillard.

Comment

Nash for a number of reasons.

1.) He's a teacher. Sure defensively he's not as good as Lowry but Jose wasn't either.
                            2.) He's an ambassador of the game. Could put the Raps on the map a lot better than Vince ever did. Toronto becomes an attractive destination for player. Nash has major clout in the league.
                            3.) Lowry, clashed with his coach, who is not as hard-ass as Casey. How will that relationship blossom with Dwayne?
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                              Why would Nash ever play for Toronto?... because he is Canadian. Nash only has a couple of year's left in the league and wants to win a title... he is not going to play for the Raptors...EVER.
                              1) JT, BC
                              2) Canadian and instant national hero
                              3) the majority of his business ventures are Canadian based and what better way to expand and promote
                              4) money
                              5) Basketball Canada position
                              6) ALEX McKECHNIE
                              7) Toronto has expendable assets (Bayless, Weems, Forbes, 2nd round picks) to make it worth Phoenix's wild to make a trade happen giving the Raptors an opportunity to use cap space and bolster the roster BEFORE Nash were to join.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                1) JT, BC
                                2) Canadian and instant national hero
                                3) the majority of his business ventures are Canadian based and what better way to expand and promote
                                4) money
                                5) Basketball Canada position
                                6) ALEX McKECHNIE
                                7) Toronto has expendable assets (Bayless, Weems, Forbes, 2nd round picks) to make it worth Phoenix's wild to make a trade happen giving the Raptors an opportunity to use cap space and bolster the roster BEFORE Nash were to join.
                                8) Toronto is the closest city of the alleged top-3 (Tor/Pho/Por) to his summer home in New York

Comment

Working...
                                X