Nash or Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry.

Nash deserves better than this team for the final years of his career. I would rather Nash win with the Lakers than to end his career without a ring and playing for a team fighting to make the playoffs.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      Lowry.

Nash deserves better than this team for the final years of his career. I would rather Nash win with the Lakers than to end his career without a ring and playing for a team fighting to make the playoffs.
      I understand why you'd want Nash to win a championship.. but he doesn't appear to be the type of guy that would take the easy way out by going to an already established team and riding their coat tails to a championship. He wants to earn it like a typical blue collar type of worker.

A recent rumour has Nash's short list being Portland, Phoenix and Toronto. Neither of these teams are going to win a championship anytime soon. I'd choose Toronto over those other two, simply because I'm a fan of his and a fan of the Raptors. Does Nash deserve playing for Portland more so than playing for Toronto?

Comment

I do think Lowry would help us out quite a bit presently and in the future. But I also believe that Nash is the type of playmaker that would help us get the most out of Bargs, Demar, AND JV. I'm picturing JV in the pick and roll with Nash, having Demar slashing, and Bargs as an outside option ready to beat his man off the dribble, or take the open J. Someone punch me in the face with reality before I go too far with this...

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
          I do think Lowry would help us out quite a bit presently and in the future. But I also believe that Nash is the type of playmaker that would help us get the most out of Bargs, Demar, AND JV. I'm picturing JV in the pick and roll with Nash, having Demar slashing, and Bargs as an outside option ready to beat his man off the dribble, or take the open J. Someone punch me in the face with reality before I go too far with this...
          Just think how good that dream would be if the Raps actually added a starting SF who could contribute offensively! Yikes!

Comment

A point for consideration: Remember what happened when a defensive-minded coach (i.e. Terry Porter) handcuffed Nash's offensive tenancies?

Should we stop and think about Casey and Nash's ability to mesh?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              A point for consideration: Remember what happened when a defensive-minded coach (i.e. Terry Porter) handcuffed Nash's offensive tenancies?

No, we should disregard any possibility of Nash not working out with us. Once you enter "Raptors Fantasyland" you only think of the positives.

Comment

I have said this before...a man publicly going after his coach like that is a bit of a red flag for me. Nash is the character guy with no future. Lowry might be tamed by being the man in Toronto...but *cliche alert at the end of the day he has two years left at 5 million a pop is a lock down defender at the point 85% from the free throw line 37% from 3 it seems like a high value contract if you ask me
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

another reason Lowry might be the better fit
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

if I'm going to be completely honest (and post 3 times in a row) I want Nash for all the wrong reasons

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                      Why would Nash ever play for Toronto?... because he is Canadian. Nash only has a couple of year's left in the league and wants to win a title... he is not going to play for the Raptors...EVER.
                      I think we would. I don't think he necessarily is chasing a title.

In a recent interview, which i can't find right now but will look for it when i get home, he (nash) said that he is not letting a ring define his career. He is perfectly happy with his career and will look at situation/family/money.

Maybe he is saying that to leverage a bigger payday with a title contender but i feel that coming to TOronto would be self fulfilling to him. Especially as an ambassador to Canadian athletes.

Comment

I would say Lowry, but Nash is gonna make all-starts outta Bargs and Demar. Plus we could possibly land Kabongo next year. With Nash as his Mentor we could be set at the pg position for the next forseable future.

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                          If we can nab Lillard with the 8th pick I prefer Nash. Otherwise Lowry is the point of the future. (hopefully)
                          Actually not a bad plan -I'll fine tune it.
                          Drafft Lillard at 8 AND sign Nash. Trade Jose & hopefully get something back for him & JB (S&T).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            1) JT, BC
                            2) Canadian and instant national hero
                            3) the majority of his business ventures are Canadian based and what better way to expand and promote
                            4) money
                            5) Basketball Canada position
                            6) ALEX McKECHNIE
                            7) Toronto has expendable assets (Bayless, Weems, Forbes, 2nd round picks) to make it worth Phoenix's wild to make a trade happen giving the Raptors an opportunity to use cap space and bolster the roster BEFORE Nash were to join.
                            add all the influence those 7 points have and they still pale in comparison to the chance of winning a championship

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                              add all the influence those 7 points have and they still pale in comparison to the chance of winning a championship
                              In your opinion.

But clearly you have not been reading or listening to the quotes coming from Nash's mouth for the last 6 months.

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                                I would say Lowry, but Nash is gonna make all-starts outta Bargs and Demar. Plus we could possibly land Kabongo next year. With Nash as his Mentor we could be set at the pg position for the next forseable future.
                                I think if Kabongo had declared this year we could've gotten him with our last pick. That guys stock and game has plummeted, not sure if you should be looking at him as the saviour.

Comment

Working...
                                X