Goran Dragic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goran Dragic

As much as i want to see Nash in a Raptors uniform, i would love to see this kid ahead of Nash in FA signing this summer. Dragic played under Nash when he was a Sun, and he has played huge game for the Rockets as a starting lineups. I personally think he could bode well as a Raptors. I mean, Dragic is the Dragon, and he is one of the best uprising PG in this league. I think in 2-3 years, he could turn to a 18ppg, 10apg, player. We need to look at long term investment and Dragic is the answer and not Steve Nash.

i was hoping for a thread where you projected his stats on every nba team
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

As much as I am emotionally excited about the prospect of Nash coming here, my head says you have it right. In fact either Dragic or Lowry (in a trade) would be along the same lines and that is a long term solution for the PG position. However if Lillard were to be chosen then getting Nash would be getting the cake and slurping it up as well kinda thing for me.

Comment

If Lowry is indeed on the chopping block, I think it's safe to assume Houston keeps Dragic at all costs.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          That would be a classic!
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            get on it TFTW!

Comment

No Lowry, I will vanish from this board if the Raptors acquire Lowry. I second with the person who said if Lilliard is onboard when the 8th pick comes around if we acquire Nash. Nash and Lilliard would be a terrific combo while shifting Bayless to his natural SG position.

Comment

i don't think Bayless even knows what his natural position is
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think Nash would bring too many positives to the franchise to turn down; player development, playoff experience, great character, obviously his still stellar talents, and ticket sales to boot. Dragic isn't going anywhere and Lowry is a great PG option, but if we were to draft Lillard (which I already made a case for because he's the smartest option) then Nash would be effective in helping us become winners right now and in the future. If we don't get a young PG to learn under Nash however, it may not be the smartest idea to nab him...because we'd only be putting off a major PG issue for a couple years.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    No Lowry, I will vanish from this board if the Raptors acquire Lowry. I second with the person who said if Lilliard is onboard when the 8th pick comes around if we acquire Nash. Nash and Lilliard would be a terrific combo while shifting Bayless to his natural SG position.
                    I can't envision a scenario in which Bayless remains a Raptors with Nash and Lillard around.

Comment

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
                      I think Nash would bring too many positives to the franchise to turn down; player development, playoff experience, great character, obviously his still stellar talents, and ticket sales to boot. Dragic isn't going anywhere and Lowry is a great PG option, but if we were to draft Lillard (which I already made a case for because he's the smartest option) then Nash would be effective in helping us become winners right now and in the future. If we don't get a young PG to learn under Nash however, it may not be the smartest idea to nab him...because we'd only be putting off a major PG issue for a couple years.
                      If Nash is acquired, another option might be to pickup an asset while moving down in the draft to draft Marshall. Marshall is a similar pass-first floor-general type of PG that Nash has been, so who better to learn from for the next 3 seasons? If Marshall is teamed with a SG who is a penetrator with good 3pt range, that would be a dynamic, well balanced backcourt of the future for the Raps. Some people think guys like Waiters or Rivers could be that type of SG, if the Raps could somehow grab one of them in addition to Marshall (ie: trade #8 & #37 to Houston for #14 & #16?).

Comment

Id rather take Wroten or Machado to groom behind Nash. They're athletic at least.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

An idea like that could work but it would come down to how much we want Marshall. He's a pass-first guy who loves to create for others. But he can't shoot particularly well, and while he posesses good length he also lacks the athletisicm needed to keep up the leagues new brand of PGs. He's very similar to Jose, but he's worse because of his shot. I'm not sure I'm comfortable handing him the starting spot in the future over somebody like Lillard who doesn't have a glaring weekness.

Comment

Dont really know if Dragic is gonna be the answer as our pg of the future, not that sold on him. What are our chances with Machado in the 2nd round? He would be good under the wing of Calderon, then we can ship bayless and maybe Ed or Amir something.

That said, does anyone know how one would go about getting a job at raptors tv (production wise). I'm hoping one of you fine gentlemen or ladies in here could provide me with the answer.

Comment

I don't think Houston will allow anyone to get Dragic over Lowry. Lowry is a major problem for the Rockets with Lowry's major issues with the head coach. Dragic has outplayed Lowry towards the end of the season and he's not as much of a headcase, so I really doubt we can get Dragic...

Comment

Working...
                              X