Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    He does have a proven track record, how many duds has he drafted in comparison to other GMs? Have you compared his draft record to other GMs?

How many scouts did you have watching players and how big was your draft day team? I mean come on, give me a break here. Even if you don't like the pick it's crazy to call for his head. What the heck do we know? No more than the mock draft writers who are more wrong than right.

Sure, why not? Drummond has a lot of flags. If the NBA just came down to "perceived talent" by the mockers then Eddy Curry, Adam Morrison and Johnny Flynn would all be total studs right now.
    Drummond shot 29% from ft.

Comment

Let's all just wait and see what Colangelo does with the offseason before we ask for his head?

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
        Let's all just wait and see what Colangelo does with the offseason before we ask for his head?
        Blasphemy!

Everyone to the guillotine!

Off with his head, right above the collar!

Comment

Jonathan Tjarks is in my opinion one of the best analysts writing. He ranked Ross as the number 1 shooting guard prospect in this draft. Worst case scenario, Ross is a super-athletic 3 and d guy. And he could be much better than that if his ball-handling improves.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Sounds like you are describing Sonny Weem.
            except that he can shoot the 3 and defend.

Comment

For all the years of losing, bullshit trades and other questionable moves (Triano?) you want to get rid of Coangelo for either of the last 2 draft choices? I think he is finally doing something right. Yes I still think he should be fired... and don't even get me going on about such a mediocre team thinking they can afford the luxury of signing an aged Nash. But not these selections. Positive attitudes who can play defence and , yes, score. Now Turk, ONeill, Triano, etc... don't get me started!
              Last edited by meductic; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Blasphemy!

Haha. It seems like this happens every year. When JV got drafted, people called for BC to be fired.

I know Ross is mental at #8 (JV was far less of a shock at #5), and he was far from BPA, but he could be a great complimentary player for this team if BC does the right trades and moves. I like him as a player, and I think Casey would do well with him.

I do not think I agree with the pick (ideally I thought draft Drummond and trade), but I think we need to see the full picture before we can seriously criticize this move.

It makes things very interesting to say the least

Comment

Blasphemy!

Isn't that just above his lips?

Comment

Not to mention he has the ability to make decisions that don't make you cringe.

Comment

Blasphemy!

Tha'ts the spirit!!

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        He is not better than Barnes.
                        Lol my bad it was a typo. I meant second best sg. I don't consider Ross a SF unless he packs on the pounds.

Comment

Getting Nash wont put them in the luxury.

Comment

Can't fault the raps henchmen for this one. From day one of the exit interviews last year, they were saying "we need a shooter. We need shooters". If there was a drinking game for that word, we would have spent the whole spring hammered. They picked a shooter. I never was good at listening.

Comment

I just hope that BC is right on Ross. Having the pick classified as a shocker by the prognosticators brought me back to the Charlie V, Aruojo draft days. Raptors don't have a great history of going off-mock.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                                He is not better than Barnes.
                                Barnes is overrated he played like shit without Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X