Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red and white wrote: View Post
    you crossed a line when you said our mascot was ugly.
    lmfao

I'd be careful...I've seen our mascot eat a cheerleader whole
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Red and White wrote: View Post
      You crossed a line when you said our Mascot was ugly.
      Didn't our mascot sign with Miami?

Comment

• KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
        Didn't our mascot sign with Miami?
        nah.

our mascot is the one that doesn't look like a dinosaur

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
          i'm a fan of a well constructed trolling... i can appreciate the effort put into crafting a board persona, winning over everyone's confidence with well educated and comprehensive posts, actively taking part in constructive conversations...

then suddenly going bat shit insane and leave everyone wondering "dear christ, what the hell happened there?!"
          The shock factor is well worth the pre-troll work.

Comment

• James johnsons body fat % doesnt seem that high

Comment

• Dude, get a life.
              Nice insight ... take the most negative and pessimistic view possible in every way ...
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• [QUOTE=tucas;139000]Lol not gonna lie, I was about to go on a rant about the stupidity of that comment until I read the last sentence.
                It's stupid that people dislike the pick because it was different and the mock drafts didn't agree with the pick. BC says it the best. The pick will be proven on the court.[/QUOT

Well im glad i suckered you in, mission accomplished!

The writers that are "always right" are now coming out of the woodwork and reinforcing BC's pick.

USA today: Grade: B-. Called him a low-risk pick.

NBAdraft.net: Grade: A........Toronto clearly went with the guy who they thought was the best on the board. Ross has so many NBA qualities that it's easy to understand how they could pass on Austin Rivers. Ross was one of our favorite players and could become the top SG from this year's class.

CBSSports: Grade: A-..... Called it a reach, but said he fills needs and that moving down would've raised the grade.

FOX sports: He was trapped on a dysfunctional Washington team last year, so many folks didn't get a chance to see just how good Ross really is. He has remarkably deep range on his jumper and he loves to get out and run on the break. Think of him as a high-character, smarter, defensive-minded, doesn't-fade-away-on-every-jumper-for-no-reason J.R. Smith. Strong pick."

Chad Ford: Ungraded, "An interesting pick for the Raptors. Toronto wanted a shooter to pair with DeMar DeRozan, and Ross is a good shooter and a terrific athlete. A bit of a reach here. I like Ross, but just didn't quite see him in this range.

Broussard said "not a bad pick."

Bottom line if someone at a media outlet had picked up that he was a talented kid on a bad team and put him near the top
                10 where people would be FAMILIAR with his name all would be well in raptorland.

"Afraid of the unkown we are. Yes, hmmm." - Yoda

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  i'm a fan of a well constructed trolling... i can appreciate the effort put into crafting a board persona, winning over everyone's confidence with well educated and comprehensive posts, actively taking part in constructive conversations...

then suddenly going bat shit insane and leave everyone wondering "dear christ, what the hell happened there?!"
                  Thanks for the laugh, Heinz!!!

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
                    I don't even know what to say about my beloved raptors anymore. Brian Colangelo must go or we will continue to be the laughing stock of the nba. I will not support this team if management waste money on Steve Nash.
                    Well than bye bye. We could use less haters like you on this forum

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Well than bye bye. We could use less haters like you on this forum
                      I agree that I like the idea of signing Nash. But if it was any other player who was turning 39 next season that BC was considering signing to $10M per season, I think more fans might be skeptical. If moving from the dry heat of Phoenix to the bone-numbing frigid cold of Toronto causes Nash's age to catch up to him and he only plays 1 season (but gets paid for 3), fans will be lining up outside BC's office with burning torches, referring to the signing as Hakeem 2.0!

I'd hardly call his opinion "hating". He's got a valid point, it just happens to be in the minority right now.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I agree that I like the idea of signing Nash. But if it was any other player who was turning 39 next season that BC was considering signing to $10M per season, I think more fans might be skeptical. If moving from the dry heat of Phoenix to the bone-numbing frigid cold of Toronto causes Nash's age to catch up to him and he only plays 1 season (but gets paid for 3), fans will be lining up outside BC's office with burning torches, referring to the signing as Hakeem 2.0!

I'd hardly call his opinion "hating". He's got a valid point, it just happens to be in the minority right now.
                        well if you check his track record most of his threads are reactions to things like the draft or a signing that he dislikes. Basically it is hating. Most of the time he's wrong and he's said this line a million times: "I will not support this team if management waste money on..." but yet he's still here. The dude needs to make up his mind, when i first became a raptors fan i used to be like that too. But you gotta keep an open mind if your a raptors fan or you'll get screwed.

Comment

• This isn't a troll or a sarcastic post. It's an honest assessment of the state of the team. I'm actually impressed with the optimism (homerism?) displayed in the replies, kudos to you all. I'm fed up with seeing my team as a laughing stock, and I'm surprised more of you don't echo that sentiment. Colangelo is a punchline outside of TO. The Steve Nash thing is such a retarded idea that I still refuse to believe we'll be stupid enough to try it. Every time people need a meaningless team reference, Toronto is the go-to. If Vegas issued over/under 0.5 All Star games for our last 3 lottery picks, the under would be hammered so hard it would be taken off the board. And Devin/Rautins DO suck.. hard. I'm floored that somebody defended them here. I resorted to muting the games unless it was obvious Jack was 4 MGDs in the bag. Rod Black sucks too. The only people that like him are middle aged women that wanted to bang him in the 80's.

But I did leave out a few positive points, so to show im not just being a Negative Nancy, here they are:

The TBJ guys are awesome. In fact, much of the non-mainstream, non RapsTV coverage of the team is good. Raps republic and even Carefoot frequently post good stuff. It would be even more enjoyable if there was even one exciting aspect to this team at the moment.

Pound the Rock is a decent attempt to change the culture of the team. It's encouraging to see a coach that understands the fundamental change necessary in this organization.

The turban/beard guy under the visitors hoop is always a comfort to see. That guy brings it.

The weird 3D baseline paint is very cool.

The fanbase has unlimited (although largely untapped) potential; ACC is a good arena. If this team ever got it together, we'd have something real going on.

Comment

• I can't help it. I hate the pick, sorry. Terrence Ross is a long shot to ever be a regular NBA starter.
                            Last edited by stretch; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• no i see it as a major troll post.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                                I can't help it. I hate the pick, sorry. Terrence Ross is a long shot to ever be an NBA starter.
                                you gotta stop following the mock drafts bro. Who would you rather have? overrated Rivers?Lazy Lamb?

Comment

Working...
                                X