Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why you be getting so pessimistic? I mean get out and just don't cheer for the Raps if you don't like 'em. Half of the things you said are not true and in fact we have a lot of chances to get Nash, and opposite to a lot of y'all I'll be extremely happy if we get him. It's Steve Nash guys! STEVE NASH! Take a second and think. Best Canadian player ever, future all of famer, one of the best point guards of all time, true leader, unselfish, charismatic, highlight maker, winner, etc... I'd take him on the team even if he was 65.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
      Demar and Davis will never be good enough to crack a contender's rotation. Neither have improved since getting on this team and both have terrible trade value. Davis, in particular, routinely looks overwhelmed.
      DeMar has improved. Davis has had no summer league and no training camp since he entered the league...and has still managed some improvement. This point is incorrect (X)

NoBan wrote: View Post
      Bargnani has peaked as a injury-prone jump shooter with zero nose for the ball & average-at-very-best defending. Oh, and he's not actually that great of a shooter.
      Actually he hasn't peaked. But if did peak as a guy that averaged 23 points 6 boards and wasn't a defensive liability...I'd say thats a good ten million dollar deal...when you consider Tyrus Thoms 5 pts 3 brds gets like 1 million less. Your second point is incorrect (X)

We've baffled draft experts again (with both our picks); I've yet to see 1 clip of Ross doing a move he could actually pull of against an NBA defender.
      No we haven't and you haven't watched enough clips, or likely any (X)

We have 2 player with a passible basketball IQ and we're rumoured to amnisty one (Jose) and the other has a contract the other teams laugh at (Amir).
      Nobody laughs at Amir's contract...6 million is very reasonable for what he does. Calderon, Bargnani, Kleiza, Magloire, all have great basketball IQs DeMar, Bayless, Johnson & Johnson all have passable to good ones. (X)

The starting SF couldn't crack Chicago's rotation and has a higher % of body fat than the coach.
      And the team has identified that as a need and will be working to correct that during free agency (+1)

Matt and Leo are BRUTAL (especially Leo). Raps TV have zero decent original programming. Jones and Hamilton are among the worst sports analysts I've ever seen.
      They aren't that bad (X)

Our GM has steadily risen to the become the league's biggest front office laughing stock. He continually gets played by agents like a drum and NOBODY that follows the team trusts him.
      No he hasn't, no he doesn't, and I trust what he does just not what he says. (1 of 3)

Gary frickin Forbes is a rotation player for us.
      Not this year (1/2) unless someone gets injured and then he will play spot minutes. Or he gets good and then who cares.

Fans are banking on FA's to come here but our biggest signings ever are Hakeem Olajawan's corpse and Linus Keilza.
      Actually it was Hedo Turka...a fuck it you get a mark here (+1)

Our 2 hopes for a successful season are Steve Nash (37 years old, not coming here) and an extremely raw talent that we desperately need to become one of the top 5 Euro players of all time, who's "needs improvement" categories include 1 on 1 defense, learning NBA rotations and post offense.
      Steve Nash - very good chance he will come here (X)
      JV - is not extremely raw and everyone needs improvement (X)

Our mascot is ugly
      Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (1/2)

Our games are never on the same channel.
      +1

We are owned the the same people the own the goddamn Leafs.
      +1

We have a decent coach and decent looking uniforms, hang your hats on that gentlemen.
      We have a great coach and shitty uniforms....not sure how to assign the marks here...ugggh +1

See you in the lottery next year (when we will undoubtedly blow the pick).
      If we are in the lottery it will be as 13th or 14th pick. I think an extra 20 wins is an acceptable improvement for one season. We haven't blown a pick (Ross, JV, Davis, DeRozan) in four years. (1/2)

Overall Mark 8.5/19 = F
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• i miss the days when the trolls would pretend to be legit contributors for like 40-50 posts before they went on imbecilic rants

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
          I love post draft message boards! Every year there's a few dozen people saying they gonna give up on the Raptors.
          And then when things to well, they come back and praise the Raptors on how they're improving.

Comment

Demar and Davis will never be good enough to crack a contender's rotation. Neither have improved since getting on this team and both have terrible trade value. Davis, in particular, routinely looks overwhelmed.

Bargnani has peaked as a injury-prone jump shooter with zero nose for the ball & average-at-very-best defending. Oh, and he's not actually that great of a shooter.

We've baffled draft experts again (with both our picks); I've yet to see 1 clip of Ross doing a move he could actually pull of against an NBA defender.

We have 2 player with a passible basketball IQ and we're rumoured to amnisty one (Jose) and the other has a contract the other teams laugh at (Amir).

The starting SF couldn't crack Chicago's rotation and has a higher % of body fat than the coach.

Matt and Leo are BRUTAL (especially Leo). Raps TV have zero decent original programming. Jones and Hamilton are among the worst sports analysts I've ever seen.

Our GM has steadily risen to the become the league's biggest front office laughing stock. He continually gets played by agents like a drum and NOBODY that follows the team trusts him.

Fans are banking on FA's to come here but our biggest signings ever are Hakeem Olajawan's corpse and Linus Keilza.

Our 2 hopes for a successful season are Steve Nash (37 years old, not coming here) and an extremely raw talent that we desperately need to become one of the top 5 Euro players of all time, who's "needs improvement" categories include 1 on 1 defense, learning NBA rotations and post offense.

Our mascot is ugly

We have a decent coach and decent looking uniforms, hang your hats on that gentlemen. See you in the lottery next year (when we will undoubtedly blow the pick).
            You sound like those Orange girls from Jersey Shore. Waaaaah.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              DeMar has improved. Davis has had no summer league and no training camp since he entered the league...and has still managed some improvement. This point is incorrect (X)

Actually he hasn't peaked. But if did peak as a guy that averaged 23 points 6 boards and wasn't a defensive liability...I'd say thats a good ten million dollar deal...when you consider Tyrus Thoms 5 pts 3 brds gets like 1 million less. Your second point is incorrect (X)

No we haven't and you haven't watched enough clips, or likely any (X)

Nobody laughs at Amir's contract...6 million is very reasonable for what he does. Calderon, Bargnani, Kleiza, Magloire, all have great basketball IQs DeMar, Bayless, Johnson & Johnson all have passable to good ones. (X)

And the team has identified that as a need and will be working to correct that during free agency (+1)

They aren't that bad (X)

No he hasn't, no he doesn't, and I trust what he does just not what he says. (1 of 3)

Not this year (1/2) unless someone gets injured and then he will play spot minutes. Or he gets good and then who cares.

Actually it was Hedo Turka...a fuck it you get a mark here (+1)

Steve Nash - very good chance he will come here (X)
              JV - is not extremely raw and everyone needs improvement (X)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (1/2)

+1

+1

We have a great coach and shitty uniforms....not sure how to assign the marks here...ugggh +1

If we are in the lottery it will be as 13th or 14th pick. I think an extra 20 wins is an acceptable improvement for one season. We haven't blown a pick (Ross, JV, Davis, DeRozan) in four years. (1/2)

Overall Mark 8.5/19 = F
              lol I was waiting for Matt52 to grade his post but I think you did a fairly good job. His post is definitely a failed one.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i miss the days when the trolls would pretend to be legit contributors for like 40-50 posts before they went on imbecilic rants
                Ahhhh, get the imbecilic rants over with up front, then they can leave sooner.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  Why you be getting so pessimistic? I mean get out and just don't cheer for the Raps if you don't like 'em. Half of the things you said are not true and in fact we have a lot of chances to get Nash, and opposite to a lot of y'all I'll be extremely happy if we get him. It's Steve Nash guys! STEVE NASH! Take a second and think. Best Canadian player ever, future all of famer, one of the best point guards of all time, true leader, unselfish, charismatic, highlight maker, winner, etc... I'd take him on the team even if he was 65.
                  +1000000000000000000000

^ also nash's age

Comment

• thead that was fantastic.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Ahhhh, get the imbecilic rants over with up front, then they can leave sooner.
                      i'm a fan of a well constructed trolling... i can appreciate the effort put into crafting a board persona, winning over everyone's confidence with well educated and comprehensive posts, actively taking part in constructive conversations...

then suddenly going bat shit insane and leave everyone wondering "dear christ, what the hell happened there?!"

Comment

Our mascot is ugly

We have a decent coach and decent looking uniforms, hang your hats on that gentlemen. See you in the lottery next year (when we will undoubtedly blow the pick).
                        first off i dont think its right to include IQ in the same sentance as Amir unless its followed by LOW...LOL secondly although i agree that devlin is a bore i kind of like Leo, hes a dork but he knows his ball..thirdly Gary Forbes Played Garbage minutes for us, id hardly call that a rotation guy..

if your soo pessmistic about the raps then why bother... why not go post on the Heat board or something

Comment

i'm a fan of a well constructed trolling... i can appreciate the effort put into crafting a board persona, winning over everyone's confidence with well educated and comprehensive posts, actively taking part in constructive conversations...

then suddenly going bat shit insane and leave everyone wondering "dear christ, what the hell happened there?!"
                          And that's why they have chocolate AND vanilla. I don't have enough time in the day to read the sensible posts, let alone the goofy ones. While I can appreciate great art, I'd rather get the Powerpoint presentation and move on. Maybe when I have less on my plate.

Comment

Brilliant. This thread is pure gold. Comedic genious!

I'm just not sure if the original thread was serious or sarcastic. All I know is I had some good laughs through these first 16 posts! Perfect cure for post-draft day friday!

Comment

• You crossed a line when you said our Mascot was ugly.

Comment

• It's Tim W. making a comeback!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X