Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrence Ross has all the tools we want from a wing player: athleticism, 3 point ability, mid-range, defensive instincts.

He also has an "average" dribbling ability at the very least. He has a nice right to left cross-over, a nice step back jumper. In perspective, he has more tools than DeRozan, to be honest. Although DeMar has the ability to slash and finish around the rim.

Honestly, DeRozan, being a 6'7'' athletic wing, with a 6'9" wingspan, would be suited for the 3 spot, especially since he can't really shoot. If they aren't talking sh!t and DeMar actually has since been putting on muscle, I have a lot to be excited about. DeMar finished last season at 216 lbs. If he can put in a solid 10 lbs of muscle, I see him as a fit to play the 3 for longer stretches than last year. To put that into perspective, Amir added 20 lbs last year, and Ed added 16 lbs. 10 lbs of added bulk should not be a stretch.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      ok this is a reactionary post but come on now Terrence Ross?! is it because he has the same initials as the Toronto Raptors?! is BC high?! I am so sick of his macho head games! This is BC stab in the dark because if this Terrence Ross doesn't pan out and Drummond becomes a beast then he should get his ass packing and take his fat Italian assistent GM with him!!!

Ok lets all calm down and take a deep breath.....
      Wooooooooooo, what does being Italian have to do with his picks? Yeah, take a deep breath!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        So couldn't the Raptors have traded down to get him?! There better be something else brewing.
        There was a report somewhere that Huston was going to take him at 12!

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          The Raptors may have been the author of that request.
          Surely they were not picking him regardless...were they going to let Barnes or Lillard pass if they fell? BC said he was 8th on their board I believe. I thought invites are made by the NBA ...dont know if by team interest.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            If the punditry was so convinced with Ross being rated as a late teens-20s pick, how come he was invited to the Green Room? Isnt that by invite only for potential lottery picks.
            true...would be interesting to hear how that came about

from what i can find, this was the green room lineup
            Harrison Barnes (UNC)
            Bradley Beal (Florida)
            Anthony Davis (Kentucky)
            Andre Drummond (UConn)
            John Henson (UNC)
            Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Kentucky)
            Jeremy Lamb (UConn)
            Meyers Leonard (Illinois)
            Damian Lillard (Weber State)
            Austin Rivers (Duke)
            Terrence Ross (Washington)
            Dion Waiters (Syracuse)
            Tyler Zeller (UNC)

Comment

• Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
              Wooooooooooo, what does being Italian have to do with his picks? Yeah, take a deep breath!
              Also, what does being Italian have to do with being fat?

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                I'm so pissed off about this pick I may actually move out of my parent's basement.
                That was good for a laugh out of me. LOL

Comment

Also, what does being Italian have to do with being fat?
                  Spaghetti&meatballs!!!
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Just heard Austin Rivers say at the NO news conf. "this is the city I most wanted to play in" (paraphrase). Lol. Everyone who believes he would have said that in TO... please raise their hands.

Comment

Just heard Austin Rivers say at the NO news conf. "this is the city I most wanted to play in" (paraphrase). Lol. Everyone who believes he would have said that in TO... please raise their hands.
                      Yeah he schmoozes to the max.

Comment

• oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
                        Ed was taken 13th in one of the worst drafts in NBA history. He's not a bust if he plays to expectations, and all that was reasonably expected of him was solid rotation player. He's also 23. Writing him off after two crummy-ish seasons is like declaring your child will never be a biologist because he failed a 2nd grade science test.
                        Thanks "Old man". I agree 100%. Finally some wisdom.
                        Lets not forget: Ed has yet to have a full training camp. Will Ed ever be an all star? Who knows. Probably not. But what is wrong if a 13 pick gives you a double double as a 4 or 5 starter or 6th man?

Comment

• Ed Davis has 2 sides, right and left.

Left hand: B- now, with potential to improve

Right hand: SCRUB

This guy cannot catch, make a shot, dribble, dunk, layup, do anything with his right. His left hand is a different story. Two worlds.
                          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• I was just looking back on some of my old posts (different forum) and I found a post I made back in February about Ross. Basically, I had him ranked as the #2 SG. This was before NCAA tournament, and before draft interviews, workouts and combine. Obviously a few guys rocketed up during those various stages leading up to the draft, so my ranking probably looks silly right now, but in terms of scouting that DraftExpress and NBADraft and college basketball stats, here's what I had (as of February 6, 2012):

1. Jeremy Lamb
                            2. Terrence Ross
                            3. Austin Rivers
                            4. Bradley Beal
                            5. Evan Fournier

But still it's not to say I expected Ross to be picked, I had him way back in the teens and considered him a sleeper by the time the draft rolled around. I mean looking at my avatar it's clear I did not expect Ross to be a Raptor. I'm just saying I wasn't total shock when it happened and that I'm excited to see what Ross can do for us. I am not or ever have been a fan of DeRozan, either this pick will replace him, or set a fire in him to start playing better.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post

1. Jeremy Lamb
                              2. Terrence Ross
                              3. Austin Rivers
                              4. Bradley Beal
                              5. Evan Fournier
                              Rivers ahead of Beal? I guess your methodology is based upon weather maps and 20 sided dice?

I like Ross, ut didn't expect him either, but only because I was hoping for Lillard, who only shot up in the last couple of weeks, so I had Lillard-tunnel-vision.

I'm so glad we didn't draft Barnes, Rivers or Drummond that Ross will certainly be a favourite player of mine for years to come, since whatever he does or doesn't do, he prevented us from drafting a franchise killer.

He seems like a serviceable player too, so that's a bonus.

Comment

• Should the Raptors fire Bryan Colangelo?

Seems like a appropriate time to take the temperature in the room here. His moves are getting lambasted on twitter, and the guy's been a laughing stock in the media for a while now. Super-risky moves after a few years of youth/rebuilding.

3 Choices. Immediately, after he bombs this summer & next season is another tanking effort, or the incomprehensible "i still trust him" option.

I'm going with immediately. Feilds is a zero, and BC's spent 2 of our last 4 lotto picks on 2-gaurds. Even if we get Nash at the number reported, we're basically given max money to the Nash/Fields combo. Given that Fields is not good enough to see the floor for a contender, we're paying max money for Steve Nash at 39, 40, and 41 years of age. That's a disaster that will set back the youth/rebuilding movement by another 1/2 decade. Add in the talk of amnestying Jose, getting nothing out of Davis & Derozen picks, getting stuck in the lotto for 4 straight years with zero improvement, all the horrible trades trying to appease Bosh (JO anyone?), failure to retain Bosh, continued failure to address team needs (rebounding), and the fact that Raps TV and Raps coverage in general are terrible.... all this adds up to fire-worthiness.

Interested to see the responses from others.

Comment

Working...
                                X