Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The Raps do make money under Colangelo. But if attendance is any indication, money has been dropping year after year.
    Is the stipulation to own Leaf season tickets you must by Raps season tickets still in place?

If so, I don't think attendance tells the whole story.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      My guess is he'll be better at SG; let's start a trade DeMar! thread.
      We traded Barbosa. T Ross as a backup SG?
      While Ross may not have as high a ceiling as Drummond -I firmly believe Ross can become part of our rotation much sooner.
      Would Drummond have more trade value? Probably. Unfortunately we don't know what trades/offer were on table.
      IMO Ross was much better choice than Rivers or Lamb. Time will show if BC was right.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Nice post. I agree with most.

I've defended BC a number of times. However, I do think if the Raps fail to make the playoffs this year, it might be time to move on. It all depends on the circumstances that surround the as yet unplayed season.

As for Bosh, I do place blame with BC. Unfortunately, the Raps (and Cavs) were guinea pigs for a new age in the NBA where players in their prime did not accept max money and years to stay. What happened in Utah and Denver is a direct result of what happened in Toronto and Cleveland. If your star player does not accept a max extension, trade him.

It is unfortunate the Raps had to be the test case for the league.
        Unfortunately we know that now.
        Utah & Denver should perhaps send Raps & Cavs something as a "thank you" for a very valuable lesson.

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
          Great point. We are the NBA's Leafs. It's a disaster for a fan. Ownership needs to realize that a winner would make much more money.
          I disagree. The leafs have always been mediocre. The Raptors are either in the lottery or a top 6 seed but mostly the lottery because we cant keep a stable core together

Comment

• The only problem I have with getting rid of BC is fear of losing Casey.

I just don't want another version of what BC did with Sam Mitchell. Sam wasn't BC's "Guy". That was pretty well known from the minute BC came on board. I remember all kinds of D'Antoni rumors at the time. After 2 pretty successful seasons over .500 (we dream of .500 seasons now lol) and a coach of the year BC waited till they had a mediocre start to that 08/09 season and pulled the plug. Then we had to suffer through Triano's reign and finally got a good coach. I am sure there was a lot of other stuff going on with Mitchell but to me he was always considered a lame duck coach by BC. I just hope that Casey would not get the same treatment.

Comment

Great point. We are the NBA's Leafs.
              No way, that's the Knicks all the way. Mediocre product, but constant sell-outs, and way too many suits in the crowd at the game ruining the atmosphere.

Comment

• The results of the poll on this thread are just going to get more and more hilarious as we continue to bomb every offseason move.

Comment

• The poll results are a perfect example of why good looking, charismatic politicians get elected over smart ones.

Comment

Great point. We are the NBA's Leafs. It's a disaster for a fan. Ownership needs to realize that a winner would make much more money.
                    Arison the owner of the Heat said this week that inspite of having such a "great" year, the team lost money!!

Now I dont know if that was creative accounting or he wanted sympathy but it says something.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      The Raps do make money under Colangelo. But if attendance is any indication, money has been dropping year after year.
                      The Raps don't need Bryan Colangelo to make money. GMs don't have anything to do with making money other than managing the cost of player salaries (which is budgeted by ownership in any case) and putting a winning team on the floor cause winners sell more tickets, have playoff games, get better ratings, etc. He hasn't done that in 5 years. As I've said before, I have no idea what value he has brought to the franchise other than he is respected by "them" (even though, mysteriously, that hasn't resulted in any big time free agents or other players wanting to be traded here or signing with the team). I guess he gets more invitations to cocktail parties than David Kahn?

Comment

• Raps will continue to suck for years

If they trade DeRozen and Davis for Iggy and quit on JJ Amir

they will loose:
                        - Bayless
                        - Derozen
                        - Alabi
                        - Davis
                        - J Johnson
                        - A Johnson (All in early 20's... so much for youngunz + weems)

It's Jemain O'neil for Hibbert again... in 3-4 years Iggy/Deng will be done and Kyle may end up being a top lottery pick for Rockets. I like Lowry but lets hope he stays healthy, and not too much like his best buddy Alvin williams who played so hard his body broke down for good.

Sure they got two lottery picks and added Kyle L (26) and Fields - maybe?? (24) but at the end of the Day if you can't keep players in their prime 25-32 sort of age you will be in the endless cycle of lottery.

We have seen so many other teams build themselves since the Raps have fallen out of the playoffs. Orlando, Pacers, thunder etc.. and BC to save his job is going for broke in order to maybe land 5th or 6th seed in the next year or two.... That is why I am not in favor of Trading Davis or Derozen. Unless there is some comparable youth coming back.

I am not in favor of throwing in the towel on the best defensive player on the team JJ.

I know I will get flamed for this post but it is how I feel.
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Just because they do OK on one of the worst teams in the league doesn't make them good players. Holding on to bad players for too long is just as bad as giving up on them too quickly.

Comment

• This thread will be given a short leash.

Comment

• when we got JO he was already broken and it was a stupid trade because they were banking on him magically being healthy again and having a impact. iggy has more than 3 or 4 years left and he isn't injured to begin with.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bayless, DeRo, Davis, Johnson, Johnson, and Alabi will combine for 0 all star games over the course of their careers. Worrying about losing these guys is like getting upset that Triano is no longer the coach

Comment

Working...
                                X