Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Can you please say that he did?!

And I like how you changed the name of this thread from "fire BC" to "Fire Colangelo because he doesn't agree with the mock draft". How about you get it right instead and agree to say " Fire Colangelo because of his 6 mediocre years track record of the Toronto Raptors due to bad decisions and missed oppertuinities"
    I can't say either because I wasn't at the workouts. It would be ignorant for me to slam a guy who has a proven draft track record when I only have access to a small fraction of information that he has.

I think the title of the thread is valid now. Let's face it, if Chad Ford was telling us that Terence Ross was the 3rd best player in the draft there would be a "Let's have a parade for Colangelo" thread in here right now. Like I said about a hundred times leading up to the draft, these mock draft guys get it wrong at a ridiculously high rate so why all the respect?

Comment

Drafts are always a crapshoot. So it's silly to even speculate on what Ross is going to become. He could be the next Tracy McGrady just as easily as he could be the next Flip Murray. So I don't want to dump on anyone's pick (although when you have a chance to take a guy with a bad back that will probably eat himself out of the league to replace Kevin Garnett, you have to take it). But there are 3 things that concern me with this pick:

1. It seems that the Raps drafted for need over talent. On a team that was 20 games under .500 and has no elite talent at any of the positions, at this point they really shouldn't be drafting for need at this point.

2. The "Raps have Valanciunas" argument to not draft Drummond is so flawed it's not funny. It's not like Jonas put up 20 and 10 last year in the NBA. He's played 0 minutes and he's not Anthony Davis. You draft a guy who people want and if you don't get what you want, well, you have an elite talent. Find out who's better. If they BOTH pan out, great, then you can trade one of then. If not, well, it's not like you were winning the title anyway. If you're going to take a flyer, take one that could end up being a dominant big man.

3. I know this might be moot, because I have a feeling Nash is going to sign a max offer with the Raps, just so the Raps can make me experience the flesh burning from me, but if you're Nash, do you really want to go to a team where there are 2 rookie starters, a shooting guard who is a terrible defender with no handles and a PF who might be the worst help defender in the league? At some point, don't you look at Portland, that can offer comparable money? Or even New Orleans, who's builing a hell of roster?

(That's not even getting into the train of thought that they just drafted the replacement for DeRozan, as he's a free agent next year)

Comment

If Terrence Ross' last name was Rivers, there would be a lot less complaining going on

Comment

Can you please say that he did?!
          Interesting rebuttal. What are your thoughts on your being rubber and his being glue?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.

that makes 2 of us

Comment

Hmmmm...seems like no ones grabbed pj3 yet, you guys think we could still nab him?

Comment

Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
                Hmmmm...seems like no ones grabbed pj3 yet, you guys think we could still nab him?
                That would be a solid pickup! Can't believe nobodys taken him.. that injury is taking its toll apparently

Comment

I can't say either because I wasn't at the workouts. It would be ignorant for me to slam a guy who has a proven draft track record when I only have access to a small fraction of information that he has..
                  Proven track record?! has any of the Raptors Colangelo drafted made the all star team?!

I think the title of the thread is valid now. Let's face it, if Chad Ford was telling us that Terence Ross was the 3rd best player in the draft there would be a "Let's have a parade for Colangelo" thread in here right now.
                  That's B.S and you know it. Can you honestly say that you put your faith in Colangelo thinking that this Ross guy is the 8th best player in the draft and will have a better career then Drummond?!

Comment

I have no doubts that the Raptors are not looking at Terrence Ross to start at the 3 spot next season. Almost certainly will the Raptors continue looking for someone for the small forward. Ross will begin as a backup 2, most likely. If you think Derozan is undersized for the 3...he outweighs Ross by over 20lbs. Restated: Ross will get his minutes at the 2. At least in the early goings.

Comment

Did anyone watch Ross play? Those highlight videos always look the same too me. It is exciting to have someone who can 1. shoot threes, and 2. work hard on the defensive end. I've read his measurements are pretty average, so he might have a tough time defending bigger SFs.

Comment

Not sure if he's a small forward though. I think he's a 2 guard, that can play the 3 much like Derozan

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                          ROOSSSSSS!!!!

Yes. yes! Fantastic pick.

I posted earlier today about the complete nonsense of drafting Harrison Barnes. For everyone who hates this pick...I'm assuming you'd have preferred Harrison Barnes? Why, exactly? Because he's famous and was slotted higher?

Let's be clear here:

Last season Terrence Ross, compared to Harrison Barnes: shot a better percentage across the board (2FG, 3FG, FG, FT). He rebounded better, dished out more assists, stole more balls, and blocked more shots. You want to criticize Ross, perhaps, because he might not be the best shot creator...I guess? Well, just watch Harrison Barnes' last NCAA tournament for a lesson in how NOT to create your own offense. Ross is the just the better player.

Terrence Ross. For the win. Excellent, excellent pick. The pick is gutsy like the tin man in a rain storm, but it's the right pick. For the second year in a row.
                          Good post.

Let's hope you are right.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                            Not sure if he's a small forward though. I think he's a 2 guard, that can play the 3 much like Derozan
                            Sounds like you are describing Sonny Weem.

Comment

Proven track record?! has any of the Raptors Colangelo drafted made the all star team?!
                              He does have a proven track record, how many duds has he drafted in comparison to other GMs? Have you compared his draft record to other GMs?

How many scouts did you have watching players and how big was your draft day team? I mean come on, give me a break here. Even if you don't like the pick it's crazy to call for his head. What the heck do we know? No more than the mock draft writers who are more wrong than right.

That's B.S and you know it. Can you honestly say that you put your faith in Colangelo thinking that this Ross guy is the 8th best player in the draft and will have a better career then Drummond?!
                              Sure, why not? Drummond has a lot of flags. If the NBA just came down to "perceived talent" by the mockers then Eddy Curry, Adam Morrison and Johnny Flynn would all be total studs right now.

Comment

All part of the Plan. And that plan is steve nash, they are going guns blazing to grab him, pick and rolls with jonas, and now a shooter for nash, its a best fit pick. Solid pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X