No announcement yet.

Welcome Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all the hate for the pick, I now love it.

When this many people are pissed off, it was the right move. Group think is seldom right - in the end, and that is what matters.

Looking forward to see what happens July 1st though 11th.

Hopefully something bigger than Nash.

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
      Just a question, is there an article out there pertaining to BC looking to sign Nash? (I haven't been following religiously) Otherwise, we'll have to see how this Ross guy pans out. I remember everyone was up in arms over the Jonas pick and it turned out that we may have made a good choice in that selection. I know T-Ross isn't a household name brand guy or gushing 'potential' or even that 'wow factor'. But let's see how this guy does on the court. He looks legit from the various clips provided. I mean, I hope he contributes right away!
      i don't think he is allowed to say he would like to sign nash. i think "there are some players we are looking at in free agency" is as far as they are allowed to go

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

When this many people are pissed off, it was the right move. Group think is seldom right - in the end, and that is what matters.

I'm happy with Ross. I am more suprised the there was no deal to be had that would see the Raps trade down, acquire an asset, then still be able to pick Ross. We assume there could have been, but I trust BC did make the effort to try to do just that. Or he knew that other teams right behind him also had Ross ranked as high as he did, regardless of what mock drafts said.

On a related note, I would love to have been in the Raps war room to hear their SG comparisons, to get the real story behind their preference of Ross over Rivers and Lamb. I don't necessarily disagree, would just be interested to know their true reasoning.

Comment

the best possible scenario is a trade in the next 3 days prior to the first still. i think ross is going to be a player. although i was hoping he said hard work instead of highlights on what to expect.

Comment

I've been a fan of Ross since the "Tourny Pick'em" game I set up; however, I didn't see them taking him this high... then again, watching the draft unfold, I wasn't excited about who was left.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

I'm excited about this pick.. I picked Ross as a sleeper guy that would go later in the draft, but after we saw Lillard, Waiters and Barnes get taken it became more and more apparent that Colangelo would have to reach a bit to get his 2. I had wanted Austin Rivers but I'm happy with Ross.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Big welcome and I love the pick. I said some time ago that I had a feeling TRoss would be the best player out of this draft in a few years and hope to get him. To all the Johnny-come latelies: welcome aboard!

Comment

I think he can be a good fit.

Just for the sake of throwing something out there....If we sign Nash that puts Jose on the block for sure, does Ross make DeMar expendable, what would a package of Jose and DeMar fetch? Makes room for Barbosa to come back as well.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    He did have a very solid workout with Toronto.

Ross + Jonas will make this team look a whole lot different that's for sure. Now the Raptors have outside shooting threat and and inside scoring threat which will space things out.
                    Is that the Raptors practice facility? Is he shooting from behind the NBA 3pt line in those views? Doesn't look like he will have to adjust much.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      One of the knocks on Ross is his below average basketball IQ.
                      Exact opposite of what Casey said. DC praised his Bball IQ in the first interview with Devlan.

Comment

Ah yes. Costanza's opposite theory. It just might work

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          I don't hate the pick. BC made his decision based on our needs instead of getting the BPA. That's either gonna end up being really smart, or bit us in the ass HARD. I'm not as excited about it, but I'm willing to give Terrence Ross a chance to prove himself before I judge whether this was a bust or not.
                          BC made the pick because of
                          1) he is athletic
                          2) he is 21 (more NBA ready than a 19 year old)
                          3) he can shoot
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

BTW, does this mean we bring back the Huskies jersey?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              One of the knocks on Ross is his below average basketball IQ.
                              Where did you hear this? It's the exact opposite.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                Where did you hear this? It's the exact opposite.

Keep in mind that this is just one guy's opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X