Welcome Terrence Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    lol I love how, just a 24 hours ago, everyone was pissed off and hated the pick. And all of a sudden everyone loves Ross. I guess this happens after every single draft night as a Raptors fan with an unpredictable BC.
    Not me. I've been wanting TRoss as a pick for over 2 months.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Not me. I've been wanting TRoss as a pick for over 2 months.
      Bet did you think he was worth the 8th pick? I knew he was a good talent, and I figured he could have a rookie year like a fellow Washington player, WSU,s Klay Thompson, but I thought 8 may be a reach.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Bet did you think he was worth the 8th pick? I knew he was a good talent, and I figured he could have a rookie year like a fellow Washington player, WSU,s Klay Thompson, but I thought 8 may be a reach.
        I like him too but, 8 was a bit of a reach if we would of traded for the Rockets pick 12 that would of been better. I have a feeling that for that pick the Rockets would want us to take back Lowry and that's pointless seeing that BC excepts to go after Nash.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I like him too but, 8 was a bit of a reach if we would of traded for the Rockets pick 12 that would of been better. I have a feeling that for that pick the Rockets would want us to take back Lowry and that's pointless seeing that BC excepts to go after Nash.
          The Rockets did have additional first round picks. Conceivably the Raps could have offered #8 for #12 and #16 (or #18) for example.

The problem I think is that Bryan did not want an additional first round pick. Casey did go on record prior to the draft stating that they did not want too many rookies on their team next year.

So I think that's why the trade did not happen.
          - We are going after Nash, so Lowry makes no sense.
          - We only wanted one first round pick.

I am not sure if it was the right move. I personally would have preferred a second pick as this lottery had a lot of good players in it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            The Rockets did have additional first round picks. Conceivably the Raps could have offered #8 for #12 and #16 (or #18) for example.

The problem I think is that Bryan did not want an additional first round pick. Casey did go on record prior to the draft stating that they did not want too many rookies on their team next year.

So I think that's why the trade did not happen.
            - We are going after Nash, so Lowry makes no sense.
            - We only wanted one first round pick.

I am not sure if it was the right move. I personally would have preferred a second pick as this lottery had a lot of good players in it.
            Who knows, maybe Houston did offer #16 & #18? I read somewhere that a report out of Houston indicated that they were high and Ross and may have drafted him at #12. In that case, trading down 8 spots and picking up a 2nd top-10 1st round pick would have cost BC the guy he wanted. I trust BC made the effort to come away with Ross and another asset, but couldn't find a deal he liked. BC may have many faults, but thoroughness doesn't seem to be one of them, IMO.

Comment

@UWFlight31 to @T_DotFlight31 !

Terrence Ross
              ‏@T_DotFlight31

Here you go Toronto, my new name...
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I still cannot believe Waiters was the second rated SG in this draft. It also seems that BC had the same rating at least from Chad Ford's mock of the Raps picking him. imo Ross is in fact the 2nd best SG after Beal of course. Wonder how DD feels about the competition and what might be. I also would not be shocked if Ross is traded in a deal for a SF.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I like him too but, 8 was a bit of a reach if we would of traded for the Rockets pick 12 that would of been better.///.
                  Not to single you out but this is about the 20th post that wonders why BC didn't trade down to take Ross plus some other asset. Do all of you suggesting he should have done that think that he didn't think of it?

"Yay. We got Ross at 8. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....Wait a minute. I could have traded down to 12 to get him! Doh"

I am pretty certain that the above declaration did not occur. I expect that BC had no takers down to the level of pick where he thought Ross was gone. THAT'S WHY HE TOOK HIM AT EIGHT!

How stupid do you think a man who has been a GM for a decade really is? Give it a break guys.

Comment

Well, BC mentioned in the presser that he had offers to trade OUT of the draft, but no offers to trade down.

I wanna know what offers were made, but I guess we'll never know.

It's easy to say we should have traded down, but I'm imagining there was no feasible deal in place.

Dion Waiters was a reach at #4, so I don't feel as bad. I guess the concern is we drafted a guy at 8 whose potential does not seem to live up to all-star level, but you never know. Jonas is another rookie with a lot of promise, so picking safe, which means picking a guy who has the tools to be an impact starter is alright.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

When the dust settles I'm betting Ross won't be the steal of the draft but one of Waiters, Barnes, Lillard or Leonard will be seen as the true bust (Leonard might be a little low to be considered a bust, but more of a guy that everyone outside that city forgets was even drafted that year)

Comment

who else was there to draft rivers is 6'4 SG who the hell is he guarding in the nba? pj3 doesnt seem like he can play SF neither does terrence jones. dummond is pointless to draft unless we r trading one of our bigs. i wanted harkless but thats jut me. when i watch ross play he looks like he understands the game on both ends of the floor.plus he has a elite nba skill in shooting

Comment

I actually really like Terrence Jones, I think he's going to do really well in Houston as a tweener 3/4.

Comment

From the interview, Dwane Casey said that he doesn't really see numbers in positions. He sees them as 'wing players.' Whether you're a 2, or 3, or both.

Subtle way to say, Demar and Ross will be playing a lot together on the wing.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The reality in the NBA is that natural positions don't matter as much anymore. Teams mix up their line-ups often times, featuring 2 point guards, going small with only 1 true big, etc.

So in that regard, I trust Casey because it makes sense. He played JB and Jose together for stretches, James Johnson at the 4, etc. It really is just a talent issue, more than positions.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                                The reality in the NBA is that natural positions don't matter as much anymore. Teams mix up their line-ups often times, featuring 2 point guards, going small with only 1 true big, etc.

So in that regard, I trust Casey because it makes sense. He played JB and Jose together for stretches, James Johnson at the 4, etc. It really is just a talent issue, more than positions.
                                Terrence Ross fills a need of talent, perimeter shooting, and potential. He was the BPA on BC's board, and filled in a couple holes. So I agree.

If anything with the lineup of now, a starting line of Jose, Terrence, Demar, Andrea, and Jonas doesn't look playoff run, but looks well enough to compete for an 8th spot.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X