Welcome Quincy Acy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Miller might also not have the ability to play SF and have a bum knee.
    Second rounders rarely pan out and the Raps at least when BC has been in charge hasn't got a single guy who's played meaningful minutes. I guess it depends how you want to gamble but the payouts aren't even close. How many players have come back from knee surgery? Not a lot but more and more each year as advancements are made in the medical industry. Much rather take a risk on someone who could be potential very good rather then someone who will be lucky to make a roster let alone play.

Comment

Acy will play...somewhere.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Intriguing, i really liked him in the tournament...

Don't forget Triano's nephew Brady Heaslip played w/ Acy at Baylor... bit of an inside edge on what the kid is all about for BC maybe.
        Anyway, his body looks ready for the NBA and something tells me his explosiveness, toughness and 4 years experience at college will be enough for him to get on an NBA roster next year

Comment

In the video...

He looks a lot like Shawn Kemp in Seattle. Undersized PF but explosive around the rim

Comment

I think he'll be the new fan favorite. I'd rate him as having a potential to max out at about 8.5 to 9 wendels.

(A wendel is a unit of measurement relating any athlete's similarity in playing style to Wendel Clark, which thus corresponds to how popular the athlete will be over the long-term in Toronto.)

Comment

I think this pick is a culture move if anything...make all young bigs work (jonas, ed!!!, and even andrea)....I don't mind the pick, i was a reggie evans fan and this guy seems to bring that to the table with better basketball skills

Comment

RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR
                ‪#Raptors‬ Tonight on ABC's Nightline News at 11:30 p.m. a special behind-the-scenes ‪#nbadraft‬ piece on newest Raptor @QuincyAcy.
                Retweeted by Quincy Acy
                Found on Acy's twitter

I know I'm a little late on this, but they're talking about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise -_-

So you still have time to catch it

EDIT: Well that was pretty short
                Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:52 PM.
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Don't know if these have been posted on the site somewhere, but here you are.
                  ================================================== ============

Key statistics:
                  12.0 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.9 tpg, 0.9 spg, 1.8 bpg, 29.7 mpg, .577 FG, .600 3PT, .782 FT

Cool statistic:
                  Nearly half (48.5 percent) of Acy's career field goals were dunks (244 of 503).

What Insiders Say:
                  Baylor coach Scott Drew
                  "For those who never saw Quincy Acy as a freshman, if he didn't dunk, there was no way he could score. And that's five on zero, one on zero. I mean, the old Mikan drill. He couldn't get two in a row. And the fact he's worked this hard to develop his game, it's a real credit and testament to him. I know he's got the beard and everything, but he's a year younger. He could have stayed in high school another year. And just to see him mature -- that's why you get into coaching, to see guys come on -- he was a little kid, and now he left a man."

What Outsiders Say:
                  Xavier coach Chris Mack
                  "He's a cage rattler. We knew that. He's just ... I want to see his birth certificate. He's that kid, when you're coaching AAU and you look over, and he just looks so much bigger and stronger than everybody. We knew about him a couple of years ago. He was terrific in Orlando when we lost to Baylor. More of the same today. I can take some of the offensive rebound put-backs, but when he starts facing up and hitting jump shots, it's not what the doctor ordered. It's not fair."

Comment

From the intro Press Conference

ACY- Think of me as a hockey player on the basketball court

BC- Let me clarify he is Reggie Evans who can shoot foul shots

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                      From the intro Press Conference

ACY- Think of me as a hockey player on the basketball court

BC- Let me clarify he is Reggie Evans who can shoot foul shots
                      That is pretty much all you need to know.

Comment

A little bit of positive opinion - Anyone who is reading bleacher or whatever and is unsure if the Raps made a good decision with Ross at 8.. to tell you the truth if the Raps took Acy at 8 and Ross at 37 I'd be super happy with that! I have been watching tons of Acy vids in the last little bit and he honestly is a beast. He looks much better to me then anything else in the draft next to Anthony Davis. I would have taken him at 4 even.. this guy is intense has a great motor is super aggressive, its all you can ask for in the draft pick. I am so excited to see him take dishes from Nash!

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                          A little bit of positive opinion - Anyone who is reading bleacher or whatever and is unsure if the Raps made a good decision with Ross at 8.. to tell you the truth if the Raps took Acy at 8 and Ross at 37 I'd be super happy with that! I have been watching tons of Acy vids in the last little bit and he honestly is a beast. He looks much better to me then anything else in the draft next to Anthony Davis. I would have taken him at 4 even.. this guy is intense has a great motor is super aggressive, its all you can ask for in the draft pick. I am so excited to see him take dishes from Nash!

.. You would've taken Acy 4th overall? The guy who is being optimistically compared to Reggie Evans is the guy you'd select fourth overall? I admire that kind of optimism

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
                            .. You would've taken Acy 4th overall? The guy who is being optimistically compared to Reggie Evans is the guy you'd select fourth overall? I admire that kind of optimism
                            I wish Ed Davis would play with 1/3 of the intensity that this dude has. He is going to fill out into an unstoppable beast. I am getting an ACY Jersey ASAP!

Comment

I haven't heard the name of Shawn Marion as comparison yet. But the measurements of Acy are close to identical to those of Marion (who played a lot of PF for Phoenix). Offensively it seems that Acy can do a lot of the same stuff (even his shot seems to have improved every year - see his ft%) Marion made his name with in Phoenix. That can be fun with Nash!

The downside from what I've read is that he isn't as intense/commited on defense as on offense and lacks in the fundamentals of defense. Guess he's got the summerleague and trainingcamp to prove it and earn a contract.

Comment

i think he is way different then marion. i doubt he has 3 point range or the dribbling/passing from matrix. looks like he is a better/thinner version of the greek baby shaq. just going to bulldog and hammer everything he can down low.

Comment

Working...
                                X