48 Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    I think its safe to say we want some goddamn moves!
    I think that's been a safe assumption since the lockout! Now lets hope BC can deliver some moves that we all agree on! hehe as if

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
      I think its safe to say we want some goddamn moves!
      I'm pretty sure BC is going to oblige. All I will say is: be careful what you wish for....

Comment

Jack Bauer had 24 hours. BC has 48. That's a start.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
          This has to be big news. Highly touted in high school and college. Was suppose to be the next best 2 guard after kobe. Played well his rookie and sophmore seasons but then move to bench and subsequent trades (albeit failed attempts to indiana and possibly others) seen his production decrease. Had solid post season last year, this year, not so much.

I really hope he strongly considered in Toronto. I mean a 2 guard with size and ability to create for himself is a dream come true.

I see Indiana as front runners for OJ mayo though. THey have been chasing him for years and now a FA, dont need Eric Gordon when you can get OJ mayo
          I heard Boston was insanely interested in OJ Mayo, offering Brandom Bass for OJ Mayo

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Chandler for Amir. Boom. Done.
            I'd do that in a heartbeat!

Comment

Raps to go hard after Nash and Ilyasova

I have it on good authority from a very reliable media source close to the organization that the Raps are going all in on Nash (obviously), but also on Ersan Ilyasova to play the 3. I like this duo if they can land them both. Ilyasova can play the 3 and 4 and his #s have improved each season. He's a strong rebounder and can do a bit of everything
              Ball Don't Lie

Comment

Actually Ilyasova would be a great fit as our SF (as long as his ball handling skills are goo). He can shoot the three well, and he rebounds very well. It's almost like him and Bargs would be the co 3 and 4. When Bargs floats out to the 3 point line, Ilyasove can play inside and visa versa. I hope you are right!

Comment

Ilyasova was a mad-bomber from deep last year - 46%. Raptors need shooters. I think I would still prefer Gay, Iggy, Deng. But this could work too.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    TEAM NEEDS:

Starters.

The Raptors are no closer to having legit starters than they were 2 days ago.

Think of how many games Toronto ended up down only to fight back?

The 2nd unit is strong and I think the addition of Ross makes them stronger. But the problem is not the 2nd unit.

BC: Get me some starters!
                    We have starters but most of them are not good enough yet to produce as starters should consistently. Bargnani is a starter, DeRozan still needs to improve but he's a starter, JJ is not really a starter but i could see Ross, Derozan or a FA SF take over this position, PG is still a question mark and depends on whether we sign nash or not, and C is a work in progress cause we got JV but he's still gotta develop. So we got like 2.5 starters

Comment

Raps need a slasher. I like Ilyasova as a sixth man (if demar is traded) but theres such thing as too many shooters. Just ask Chicago.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nash yes, Ilyasova hell no. Go after Gay or W.Chandler

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Nash yes, Ilyasova hell no. Go after Gay or W.Chandler
                          Unfortunately I think all our Gay dreams are dead, with Memphis choosing to renounce Mayo. I suppose they could still trade Gay and re-sign Mayo, but as an UFA, he can freely sign wherever he wants to now.

Chandler is one to watch for, given his previous links to Toronto and the fact BC could absorb his contract using the Barbosa-TPE.

Comment

Hmmmm...with Quincy Acy on board i guess it would be a safe bet to assume that either Amir or Ed wont be in a Raptor jersey once the season starts.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Unfortunately I think all our Gay dreams are dead, with Memphis choosing to renounce Mayo. I suppose they could still trade Gay and re-sign Mayo, but as an UFA, he can freely sign wherever he wants to now.

Chandler is one to watch for, given his previous links to Toronto and the fact BC could absorb his contract using the Barbosa-TPE.
                              i could see chandler being moved for sure.. i read somewere that denver was offering him for a 1st rounder yesterday..

im not a big Rudy fan.. & i doubt Memphis moves him now anyway, but im sure his jersey would be a big seller during the pride event in T.O LOL

Comment

I was very pleased to hear Coach Casey call Demar the eventual closer, meaning Demar will be not untouchable, but someone who is unlikely to get traded.

Anyways, I feel that this off-season will be very surprising. What happened in the draft last night proved that teams are looking in different directions than most predicted right now. Very excited to see what goes on with the Raptors. Right now, I feel the fans want the biggest priority to be, is to sign Steve Nash, but IMO, it should be locking up every single position right now. Meaning which we NEED the small forward. Terrence Ross isn't a project, he's going to be a contributor from the get-go, but he won't start and make huge impacts in the game. James Johnson hasn't proven too much yet, he's shown his ability to be a good help defender, on ball and post defender, and offense is coming along.. Linas is only here to be the blanket that comforts Jonas.

Anything we do in my opinion should be locking up the small forward spot, and worrying about a consistent point guard other than Jose. Steve will be good, but two 30+ year olds running the team scares me in a way.
                                Last edited by ReubenJRD; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 05:02 PM.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X