Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mem:LA and Mem:Tor

Here are my thoughts.

Spain is going to look good at the Olympics. Really Good. I think we all see them in the gold medal game against the US. If Calderon, The Gasols and Co. give them a run, look for GMs to want to recreate that magic. For the benefit of them and the Raptors of course.

Trade 1.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6rc7yub

Pau Gasol to Memphis, Z-Bo to LA.

Pau's getting shopped, its a fact. I think as much as Kobe respects Pau, a player like Randolph is betting suited for playing with a guy like Kobe. Another hard nosed dude. And the Lakers need a shake up. And Memphis gets to pair Pau with his Bro to form a pretty elite front line. This trade is a net benefit to both teams.

Trade 2.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=832wsd8

Jose, Ed Davis, James Johnson to Memphis. Rudy Gay to Toronto.

Memphis gets a 1 year experiment with Jose and Conley splitting duties feeding the brothers Gasol. Jose might be inclined to re-up with them on the cheap to play with his beloved countrymen. Memphis gets some youthful depth up front and on the wing as they as they dump Gay's salary on us. We can handle it. Gay is a massive upgrade at SF for the Raptors. And will show Steve Nash that we are ready to roll with a mix of rookies, young vets and grizzled vets. Further enticing the man to come back home, the same man Maurizio just handed him the team Canada GM job to. Then Robert is your mother's brother and this is how we roll in 2012/13

PG: Nash, Bayless, Forbes, Uzoh
    SG: DeRozan, Ross, Anderson (Forbes)
    SF: Gay, Kleiza, (DeRozan)
    PF: Bargnani, A. Johnson, Acy
    C: Valanciunas, Gray, Magloire, Alabi

Assuming JV and Ross are impact rookies, this looks like a top five team in the east to me. The East is getting shook up hard next year.
    Last edited by TheR3dMenace; Fri Jun 29, 2012, 01:55 PM.
Working...
X