Monta Ellis for Ray Allen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monta Ellis for Ray Allen?

The trading deadline is less than a month away, and rumors seem to grow like algae.

This is especially true when it comes to players with expiring contracts such as Boston's Ray Allen.

While the Celtics have maintained repeatedly that they have no intentions of moving any of their core guys between now and the Feb. 18 trading deadline -- and I believe 'em on this one -- multiple league sources confirmed today that the Golden State Warriors are giving some thought to putting together a trade package that would involve Monta Ellis going to Boston in exchange for Allen.

The Warriors see rookie Stephen Curry as the face of the franchise moving forward. One league source said the Warriors believe that Curry won't develop at the rate they would like as long as Ellis is around.
    CSNNE.com

My first thought is why can't the Raptors get in on this action? Can you imagine Ellis in a Raptors uniform?

OMG Boston is gonna be the best team in the league. Ellis is awesome. Imagine him with Pierce and Garnett. OMFG
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

The Raptors don't have any expiring contracts this year that they're interested in giving away, because I'm assuming that we want Bosh and Johnson to stay. We already have a lot of young energy guys to come off the bench to play the SG position, and the Jackeron combo has been great at the point. Any package they'd accept would definitely include DeRozan. I just don't see Colangelo giving up his current experiments to go for another one.

Comment

So Monta will be chucking up 30+ ugly jumpshots and getting burned on D for the C**tics, WOW is it already my birthday.

Comment

I agree with Babyface Killah about Ellis being a chucker and poor defender. How would adding him to our team of shooters and poor defenders really help our underlying problem of being a horrible defensive team that already has a ton of offensive weapons? I don't like the thought of bringing in a player like Ellis. If he went to the Celts though, they are a great defensive team and would be able to use a player like Ellis if they let Ray-Ray go.

Comment

Nelson literally laughed off a Boston-based Ellis-for-Ray Allen rumor
            SFgate.com

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
              OMG Boston is gonna be the best team in the league. Ellis is awesome. Imagine him with Pierce and Garnett. OMFG
              I would agree with you only if Garnett actually played with them LOL

I knew KG would not get anywhere close to the level he was before the injury!
              Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

@ apollo
                My first thought is why can't the Raptors get in on this action? Can you imagine Ellis in a Raptors uniform?
                i don't want Ellis as a raptors .. dude is a cancer

Gurk wrote: View Post
                there wouldn't be enough ball to go around with Ellis on that team
                ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Working...
                X